- Virtual Box, Vagrant, Ultima Online
A private virtual ServUO development environment, with on-the-fly server set up.
Why Develop in a Virtual Machine?
- Development dependencies do not need to be installed on your local machine.
- You can bring up a fresh server to test or code on in minutes.
- You can test and break things without it affecting your PC.
- Many, many other reasons. You should google about Vagrant a bit, it's super cool.
- Clone or download this repository wherever you'd like.
- If your Ultima Online installation is in a custom location, change it's path in Vagrantfile.
- cd to the directory of this project (where Vagrantfile is located).
- Run the command "vagrant up".
- 'vagrant ssh'
- 'sh /var/shards/servuo/ServUO.sh'
Stopping the Server
In the console, click ctrl + c.
Destroying Your Virtual Machine
When you run 'vagrant destroy', the virtual machine itself will be deleted. Your servuo folder will remain, as it was synced to the project folder.
Vagrant Up Notes
If you run 'vagrant up' after you've ran 'vagrant destroy', be sure to move, or delete the servuo folder, so the provisioner can grab you a fresh copy.
Connecting to Your Shard
After you run 'vagrant up', you can load up Razor or UO Steam and connect to your shard.
- IP: 192.168.33.10
- Port: 2593