I just finished setting up my new laptop. Now I can get back to stealing stuff from people that stole other stuff.

Someone here as the Rel Por client files, but I don't think anyone has the actual server files. The map is nice though and you can see where Outlands got some of their dungeons from.

I built 3 dungeons for Rel Por when I worked on the project (they called these "Mount Oweno" "Muskeg Chasm" and level 2 of "Demergo Swamps"), and was given permission by Admerylous (founder of Rel Por) to repurpose the Pulma theme for Outlands. Admerylous built our dungeon "Nusero" for Outlands, as well as helped me decorate all of our towns before launch.

I built 3 dungeons for Rel Por when I worked on the project (they called these "Mount Oweno" "Muskeg Chasm" and level 2 of "Demergo Swamps"), and was given permission by Admerylous (founder of Rel Por) to repurpose the Pulma theme for Outlands. Admerylous built our dungeon "Nusero" for Outlands, as well as helped me decorate all of our towns before launch.
What in the hell happened to that shard? It was up for a short time and just dropped and I think they had a decent population. They had a smaller map with I think a rotating dungeon system. The settlements were small too. It was one of those shards that didn't need to vanish because it was so innovative.

Last edited:
What in the hell happened to that shard? It was up for a short time and just dropped and I think they had a decent population. They had a smaller map with I think a rotating dungeon system. The settlements were small too. It was one of those shards that didn't need to vanish because it was so innovative.

The main developer MobOfMonsters/Alan got a promotion and moved across the country, basically abandoning the project. He would consult on development when available, and Admerylous did his best to learn and pick up from there, but he wasn't quite as adept. Ultimately, some controversial changes were made to the PvP which drove his playerbase apart and away, which was aided by the fact that the community was extremely toxic to begin with.

Ultimately, some controversial changes were made to the PvP which drove his playerbase apart and away, which was aided by the fact that the community was extremely toxic to begin with.
I heard about the job move but didn't know about this. I guess when the market is over saturated with free shards people easily jump from one to another when things don't go their way.

You can edit /config/accounts.cfg to allow more accounts per IP. That will let you create an account but you'll need to know how to force admin access or you won't be able to do anything requiring staff access.

You can delete everything inside the /saves folder and you'll have a blank shard to tinker with. It'll prompt you to create an admin account at startup but that also means you'll have to populate the world from scratch.
If you open the accounts.xml in Firefox.
You can easily edit the file . I simply created a new owners account then copied it from new .xml to the old one and deleted the new version . Allowing me to log in as new owner and use [admin to change the passwords to any accounts I was interested in looking at .

Its like this and just added to the bottom of the list .
-<account>

<username>crazyone</username>

<newCryptPassword>8F-8A-F7-25-1E-9-42-66-4B-BC-CE</newCryptPassword>

<accessLevel>Administrator</accessLevel>

<flags>2</flags>

<created>2021-01-10T00:31:17.8545632Z</created>

I forgot my password on my server and needed a way to get in without deleting my players .
And it worked fairly easy .

<lastLogin>2021-07-13T05:15:58.1697575Z</lastLogin>

<totalGameTime>P2DT23H35M44.7600652S</totalGameTime>

-<chars>

<char index="0">65818</char>

</chars>

-<addressList count="17">

So im curious how does that change your password to whatever you want and how do you know?
as long as ur using the default encryption it lets you paste in a new account with full access to all Administrator functions . And GOD can fix any password by replacing it . It only works if you have access to the server root files . It takes a few min's and can be a pain ....

But having to delete all your saved information is a bigger pain never mind angry players saying wheres my SHIT.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SlCQdmFPoexLG3yu0udnfu7x3Mn8KJor/view?usp=sharing
___

There is a github regarding these files and it has a message that is tasteless, disrespectful, and unprofessional. This era of Khaeros was placed under a moniker that everyone could use it and I will abide by that original message of that owner of the era. It was placed as open source for that reason.

With respect due to that owner, the people who put their time into it, and that message... Enjoy as you like.

Oh. Uh. Spoilers ahead?

"To anyone who reads this,

These are all the files, including spawns but not player accounts, for Khaeros, an Ultima Online free shard built on the RUNUO 2.0 engine. Over the years, it passed from owner to owner, staff team to staff team, and slowly gained scripts even as it slowly lost players. At the time of writing this, it seems like Khaeros has finally run out of steam, and thus my decision to shatter khaeros into copiable shards in true Ultima Online fashion. I think many people in the UO roleplaying community still have fond memories on these maps, with these scripts, and so if any of you form new communities using these files, there will always be someone who appreciates it.

Khaeros began under Eufron and Typhon as a shard about 6 human races struggling to sustain peace as a world empire was created, and later destroyed, while vampire like creatures (pale shadows of an ancient terror) secretly controlled the political landscape. The focus of this was subtly shifted as different owners and staff members cycled through, and perhaps the greatest change was when control of the server was given to me and Malefactor; you'll find the scripts no longer describe a world with 6 races, but have been unceremoniously hacked into a form where there are three societies (a mysterious desert dwelling people, religious northern Europeans, and roman-like southerners) that combined aspects of the old racial lines. Despite this, in lore, we tried to stay true to the original precepts of Khaeros. The ancient evil that was the precursor to Eufrons vampires had returned, and these six beings were the source of all magic, seething under the earth; the eastern locusts were the embodiment of the Locust Martyr, the dark god Eufrons creatures had summoned; the desert people were descendants of "The Lucent Brotherhood," as people kept secret in the lore from the earliest days of Khaeros; the northern European peoples based their worship of the Mother and Father on the earlier beliefs of the Vhalurian and Tyrean races; and so forth.

The way the scripts, maps and lore contained here hold together are all reflective of the time I spent as owner, and of the work put in by Malefactor, Remus, Shaedar, Zack, Swil, slave, myself, and many others from this 'era', rather than from earlier staff members and scripters (e.g., Wraithe, tmloyd...) but of course, the majority of work on Khaeros had been contributed by countless earlier individuals, and was already existent by the time I got my talons into the server. I am giving this work away, most of which is not mine, for the good of the community, as it was left in my charge. I am aware that some may disagree with that decision. So... my bad.

Finally, because this is the "time jump" version of the scripts, suiting a Khaeros Malefactor and I loved, there are of course earlier map versions and legacy script versions floating around. If anyone greatly desires those, they can get in contact with me and we'll see what we can do.

It's been wonderful playing on Khaeros, and I hope that old players will remember me and their time in Khaeros fondly, and that new players will continue to enjoy this world into the future.

- Aves"

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SlCQdmFPoexLG3yu0udnfu7x3Mn8KJor/view?usp=sharing
___

There is a github regarding these files and it has a message that is tasteless, disrespectful, and unprofessional. This era of Khaeros was placed under a moniker that everyone could use it and I will abide by that original message of that owner of the era. It was placed as open source for that reason.

With respect due to that owner, the people who put their time into it, and that message... Enjoy as you like.

Oh. Uh. Spoilers ahead?

"To anyone who reads this,

These are all the files, including spawns but not player accounts, for Khaeros, an Ultima Online free shard built on the RUNUO 2.0 engine. Over the years, it passed from owner to owner, staff team to staff team, and slowly gained scripts even as it slowly lost players. At the time of writing this, it seems like Khaeros has finally run out of steam, and thus my decision to shatter khaeros into copiable shards in true Ultima Online fashion. I think many people in the UO roleplaying community still have fond memories on these maps, with these scripts, and so if any of you form new communities using these files, there will always be someone who appreciates it.

Khaeros began under Eufron and Typhon as a shard about 6 human races struggling to sustain peace as a world empire was created, and later destroyed, while vampire like creatures (pale shadows of an ancient terror) secretly controlled the political landscape. The focus of this was subtly shifted as different owners and staff members cycled through, and perhaps the greatest change was when control of the server was given to me and Malefactor; you'll find the scripts no longer describe a world with 6 races, but have been unceremoniously hacked into a form where there are three societies (a mysterious desert dwelling people, religious northern Europeans, and roman-like southerners) that combined aspects of the old racial lines. Despite this, in lore, we tried to stay true to the original precepts of Khaeros. The ancient evil that was the precursor to Eufrons vampires had returned, and these six beings were the source of all magic, seething under the earth; the eastern locusts were the embodiment of the Locust Martyr, the dark god Eufrons creatures had summoned; the desert people were descendants of "The Lucent Brotherhood," as people kept secret in the lore from the earliest days of Khaeros; the northern European peoples based their worship of the Mother and Father on the earlier beliefs of the Vhalurian and Tyrean races; and so forth.

The way the scripts, maps and lore contained here hold together are all reflective of the time I spent as owner, and of the work put in by Malefactor, Remus, Shaedar, Zack, Swil, slave, myself, and many others from this 'era', rather than from earlier staff members and scripters (e.g., Wraithe, tmloyd...) but of course, the majority of work on Khaeros had been contributed by countless earlier individuals, and was already existent by the time I got my talons into the server. I am giving this work away, most of which is not mine, for the good of the community, as it was left in my charge. I am aware that some may disagree with that decision. So... my bad.

Finally, because this is the "time jump" version of the scripts, suiting a Khaeros Malefactor and I loved, there are of course earlier map versions and legacy script versions floating around. If anyone greatly desires those, they can get in contact with me and we'll see what we can do.

It's been wonderful playing on Khaeros, and I hope that old players will remember me and their time in Khaeros fondly, and that new players will continue to enjoy this world into the future.

- Aves"
Which client version should I use

I tried several times, but the local connection failed

Which client version should I use

I tried several times, but the local connection failed
"Alright! SO! Investigation on my part for the Khaeros RP shard files points to the overall client base of 5.0.8.2. I don't know this is a hundred percent right but records and reputable sources point in that general direction. I don't know about Visual Studio and its scripts, sadly. Ten years have done nothing for how cohesive that thing would even find those in the first place. Hahaha.

I hope that helps!"

"Alright! SO! Investigation on my part for the Khaeros RP shard files points to the overall client base of 5.0.8.2. I don't know this is a hundred percent right but records and reputable sources point in that general direction. I don't know about Visual Studio and its scripts, sadly. Ten years have done nothing for how cohesive that thing would even find those in the first place. Hahaha.

I hope that helps!"
Thank you very much. You have been very helpful

Hello, Is there any chance someone could reupload the mentioned files?
I know this is old but maybe someone has them saved somewhere?

Hello, Is there any chance someone could reupload the mentioned files?
I know this is old but maybe someone has them saved somewhere?
the google links still work for me just tried them for Khaeros server I might have the client files that far back ....

the google links still work for me just tried them for Khaeros server I might have the client files that far back ....
Thank you, I downloaded that one, but I was more thinking about the ones that was mentioned in the first page, Age Of Valor, Die andere Welt, RelPor u.c

Back