added vitanex core tonight. when I compile, it says that it cant find any scripts to compile. but I checked the necessary files and confirmed I edited them right.

What are you compiling with? VS or a .bat file?
Also, if you are compiling with VS, make your that those VitaNex files are included in your project.
Typically if you drag/drop them into your Shard directory, youll have to toggle "Show Hidden Files" and "Refresh" the project.
Then you'll need to include them into your project.. Right click and "Include In Project".

If you compile it then you should have everything working. Lee prides himself on VitaNex being fully Drag/Drop compatible.

Using Linux command line. If that helps or not.

****EDIT****
Been working with it for awhile now, and still getting the same error.

Last edited:
It's not a VNc issue that I'm aware of.
I think it's more to do with ServUO can't find the /Scripts folder or any CS files to compile in /Scripts.
I'm assuming this has something to do with the way Linux file paths differ from windows.
I have very little experience with Mono.

Can you post a copy of your console output during server start-up?
You can do this by right-clicking on the icon at the top-left of the console app, going to Edit and selecting "Mark"; Select the area within the console app to highlight the text; Right-click the icon again, go to Edit and select "Copy" - you can then paste it here in a post.
Alternatively, take a screenshot and include that in a post.

When posting help requests, always try to provide as much information as possible; we don't have access to your computer and we can't read your mind :p

It's not a VNc issue that I'm aware of.
I think it's more to do with ServUO can't find the /Scripts folder or any CS files to compile in /Scripts.
I'm assuming this has something to do with the way Linux file paths differ from windows.
I have very little experience with Mono.

Can you post a copy of your console output during server start-up?
You can do this by right-clicking on the icon at the top-left of the console app, going to Edit and selecting "Mark"; Select the area within the console app to highlight the text; Right-click the icon again, go to Edit and select "Copy" - you can then paste it here in a post.
Alternatively, take a screenshot and include that in a post.

When posting help requests, always try to provide as much information as possible; we don't have access to your computer and we can't read your mind :p

trying to, but the remote access app I am using only allows for copying of what is on the screen. Trying putty, but same problem.

it wont be complete.

Just FYI -- Would it be easier running all of this on a win machine. I like linux, but before I add VitaNex everything was good. If I have to fine.

Damn OCD, so hard to make decisions sometimes when you are looking at all of the angles.

Here is what I can copy--

CS0109: Line 30: The member `VitaNex.SuperGumps.SuperGump.AddImageTiledButton(int, int, int, int, int, Server.Gumps.GumpButtonType, int, int,
int, int, int)' does not hide an inherited member. The new keyword is not required
+ Customs/02-OrbRemoteServer/OrbServer.cs:
CS0618: Line 200: `System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.ChannelServices.RegisterChannel(System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.IChannel)' is obsolete:
`Use RegisterChannel(IChannel,Boolean)'
+ Customs/10-Player/phoenix system/IcePhoenyx.cs:
CS0168: Line 163: The variable `hits' is declared but never used
CS0168: Line 228: The variable `hits' is declared but never used
CS0168: Line 293: The variable `hits' is declared but never used
CS0168: Line 356: The variable `hits' is declared but never used
CS0168: Line 419: The variable `hits' is declared but never used
+ Customs/11-Shard/Add Ons/SawmillAddon.cs:
CS0162: Line 208: Unreachable code detected
+ Customs/13-Dungeons/PaintedCavesLevel2.cs:
CS0162: Line 189: Unreachable code detected
+ Customs/20-Weapons/HalfLife Weapons/HalfLifeBow.cs:
CS0472: Line 99: The result of comparing value type `int' with null is always `true'
+ Customs/20-Weapons/HalfLife Weapons/HalfLifeDagger.cs:
CS0472: Line 99: The result of comparing value type `int' with null is always `true'
+ Customs/20-Weapons/HalfLife Weapons/HalfLifeScimitar.cs:
+ Customs/98-WWW/WebStats/WebStats/Stat_Listener.cs:
CS0168: Line 118: The variable `e' is declared but never used
+ Customs/99-Misc/Cellar/CellarAddon.cs:
CS0162: Line 189: Unreachable code detected
+ Services/Quests/Peerless System/PeerlessAltar.cs:
CS0472: Line 607: The result of comparing value type `System.TimeSpan' with null is always `true'
+ Customs/11-Shard/MoongateLibrary.cs:
CS0649: Line 1053: Field `Server.Items.MoongateLibraryConfirmGump.m_passphrase' is never assigned to, and will always have its default value
`null'
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.

**ding**
Linux and Windows run programs differently.
Therefor, while VNC may work under windows, I will need to edit the crap out of it so it can work with linux.
This thought came to mind.

I will need alot of help with getting this to work with linux from the community.

thanks.

Actually, you were having these issues before you installed VNc...
None of your issues are due to VNc.
What you are seeing are compile WARNINGS, not ERRORS and all of them, except one, has nothing to do with VNc.

VNc is perfectly compatible with ServUO and RunUO under Windows and Mono, the issue here is that we both have no clue how Mono really works.
Until you understand why you're having problems, you're going to keep guessing and until I understand Mono better, I can't help you.

Whatever it is that is wrong, it's in your server set-up, your server is not behaving like it should. How sure are you that you've correctly installed Mono? Why are you limiting yourself to Mono anyway? .NET support on Linux is sketchy at best.

I had my server working for 6 months before I added your software under Linux.
But I may need to go back to windows until someone figures out this problem.

****EDIT****
Ok, I thought about it. And as long as I can host this shard from my basement, because I do not have the money for a dedicated server for my game, I am going back to windows for an OS so I can add VNC to my shard. I have heard many good things about VNC and that is why I am making the change.

It doesn't matter if VNc is under Windows or Linux, it wouldn't cause the server to produce "No scripts found to compile"... this is a message generated by the shard's ScriptCompiler.
It sounds more like your version of MONO is out-dated and barely compatible.

You said you had to modify VNc to make it work with Linux, but you haven't even mentioned what mods you had to make... the only things you've had to change so far are core shard updates because your old shard core is ancient.

It sounds more like your version of MONO is out-dated and barely compatible.

This is a good point. If you have installed mono using yum or apt-get then it is almost certainly a very old version. It has always been best in my opinion to build mono from the source, otherwise you are getting old binaries.

I had my server working for 6 months before I added your software under Linux.
But I may need to go back to windows until someone figures out this problem.

****EDIT****
Ok, I thought about it. And as long as I can host this shard from my basement, because I do not have the money for a dedicated server for my game, I am going back to windows for an OS so I can add VNC to my shard. I have heard many good things about VNC and that is why I am making the change.

If you really want to get a working Windows dedicated server going, I would suggest going to Quadix.co.
Really only because its extremely cheap for what your getting. If you already have a windows server cd key, even better.
I think I pay 37.95 each month or so and I use it for my test server, and I use a much higher end dedicated server as my main.

But it does the job well.

This is a good point. If you have installed mono using yum or apt-get then it is almost certainly a very old version. It has always been best in my opinion to build mono from the source, otherwise you are getting old binaries.

how would I build mono from source to get the most updated version?
You have made me curious sir.

Back