Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t have any need for carpentry yet, I was just messing around with things and found that. I suppose if I really need one I’d place it, I’m happy to wait for an update

A question for you, Spectre. I know you said you don’t plan to develop much, and are making logical improvements to the game with bug fixes and finishing content… how do you feel about trying to do something about a potential exploit?

Preface that I’ve modified the settings to increase the likelihood of vendors buying and selling by about 20% across the board, but I think that only affects the ease in which I can do this, because it reduces vendor-hunting.

I’ve been able to make fairly quick gold by simply selling folded cloth to tailors. After hitting up two cotton farms with sheep I can bring in around 3k from a single sale. I see that things (like housing) are pretty expensive, and it will still take me a bit to get the first house I want, but it’s faster than any kind of dungeon runs I can do as a thief.

Maybe some kind of vendor wallet cap? 100-1000 or whatever range of gold on hand, refreshed each in-game day?

Just a thought, your work is already appreciated.

Finishing content? What is incomplete?
I think they mean items like the buff icons, where there was only a very small handful that were implemented and I tried to implement all of the possible ones for the game. It doesn't change the core essence of the game, but just cleans it up a bit.
So i changed the settings in settings.xml, but they didnt apply. Im new to runUO. Been usings serv for years, is there somewhere else i need to change these settings?
What settings did you apply that don't seem to work?

I was having the same issue, but not anymore. Not sure if this is what is required, but whenever I change settings.xml (not settings.cs like I started on) I restart the server, log in to dungeon master and do a [buildworld

Works now, for me
Saw mills work now, cool!
Question; what happens if Djeryv updates RnR again? From what I understand, they have updated silently before, I figure it’s possible again

Last edited:
Does anyone else have an issue with the rocks seeming to be more elevated than the boat planks? I can walk off of one to my boat, but not back off. Works against land, but only if exiting in the two downward directions and not upward.
I’ve never had a boat before, even back in original UO, so I won’t be surprised if I’m just ignorant of something

Does anyone else have an issue with the rocks seeming to be more elevated than the boat planks?
They way boats work is that you can double click the plank to teleport onto it, or in your case, walk onto it from the same elevation or higher.

Getting off the boat is different. Everytime you step onto the plank, the server tries to determine a land spot to move you to. It acts like a teleport tile in a way. So if you walk onto the plank, to exit the boat, and you don't move to land then you walk off of the plank and back on until you pop on land.

They way boats work is that you can double click the plank to teleport onto it, or in your case, walk onto it from the same elevation or higher.

Getting off the boat is different. Everytime you step onto the plank, the server tries to determine a land spot to move you to. It acts like a teleport tile in a way. So if you walk onto the plank, to exit the boat, and you don't move to land then you walk off of the plank and back on until you pop on land.
So it’s normal to be impossible to walk off the plank and not be able to reach the wood docks from any direction or distance

Not sure what you are trying to say. To get on the boat below, I double clicked the open plank and teleported onto it.

To get off the ship, I walk out onto the plank. If the server finds a spot to move to on the dock, I teleport to that spot. If it does not, I have to walk back onto the boat and then onto the plank again to see if it finds a spot for me on the dock. If you look at the runuo code for the plank (OnMoveOver), it tries a few times to find a legit spot before giving up. It gives up eventually to keep the server from going into an infinite loop and freezing. I guess the tries can be increased, but I never had an issue. The plank has to face the land spot you want to move to.

1704808399278.png

guess I’ll have to test more, I just haven’t been able to walk from boat to dock anywhere yet, just boat to grass

Edit: guess you have to walk, not run. Thanks Nephtan!

Last edited:
I am not Nephtan. That is a Reddit user that occasionally posts bugs and potential fixes that I then work to implement into this package. You maybe saw his name because I credit him in the changelog.
He messaged me in discord, was thanking him here, sorry for the confusion

I’ve noticed that my stat gain seems off. I haven’t changed those settings from the 15 minutes and 33.3 whatever it is, but there seems to be no timer for me, just a chance on any skill gain

Looking to either extend hunger and thirst, or disable it completely. which ever would be easier. Can someone point me in the right direction :) ty

Looking to either extend hunger and thirst, or disable it completely. which ever would be easier. Can someone point me in the right direction :) ty
I’ve asked around and no luck. I feel the same though. From what I can tell, since it’s not directly in the settings.xml file, you have to rework the hunger and thirst scripts and I’m guessing one or two more that use them… all above my head.

Best thing I’ve found is the setting for no hunger in banks and stuff, basically any friendly-instance location is hunger/thirst free.

If you manage to crack the case, let me know too, please

1705295942325.png
in HitsDecay.cs and StamDecay.cs I found this notation. But not sure if this is it? or? (I am very much a novice at this)

Yeah, related for sure. I think those both just handle how starvation affects health and stamina, which is part of it. I’m also curious if your hunger level affects skill and stat gain. Unfortunately, I know enough to know I’ll never learn how to read all the scripts and figure out how to change it like I would want. Best I am hoping for is that Spectre takes mercy on us and codes it into the settings to turn on and off.

Also, if you haven’t got on there already, there is the Ultima Adventures discord and the ServUO discords both have friendly people. I’m sure someone there knows how to help, or at least point you at the documentation you would need to study

Edit: I feel like the simplest answer would be something along the lines of making the basic human race have the property that removes hunger and thirst, like some of the monster races have…. Good luck!

Well, i would rathr not turn it off, just make it more interesting, slow it down so instead of having to eat once an hour, maybe once every 3 hours. I would also like to see some kind of bonus for being full, like maybe a luck bonus or something

Yeah, related for sure. I think those both just handle how starvation affects health and stamina, which is part of it. I’m also curious if your hunger level affects skill and stat gain. Unfortunately, I know enough to know I’ll never learn how to read all the scripts and figure out how to change it like I would want. Best I am hoping for is that Spectre takes mercy on us and codes it into the settings to turn on and off.

Also, if you haven’t got on there already, there is the Ultima Adventures discord and the ServUO discords both have friendly people. I’m sure someone there knows how to help, or at least point you at the documentation you would need to study

Edit: I feel like the simplest answer would be something along the lines of making the basic human race have the property that removes hunger and thirst, like some of the monster races have…. Good luck!
Always something easy as funk! Just backup and delete Fooddecay.cs @Kynick then restart! no more hunger.

Spectre updated Adventurers of Akalabeth with a new update entry:

Barbarian - 21 January 2024

Not a big update, but I like to push out the changes consistently so folks can have the latest. This is both a client and server update.

- Fixed grabbing to use line of sight (toads, ropers, etc).
- Fixed the strength potion buff icon.
- Added more buff icons for eating magic fish, bandage timers, charm and fear spells.
- Standardized curse removal magic. Added other spells that caused curse-type effects.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Sure. Go into your INFO folder and look for News.txt. Edit it. Here is an example. You would probably want to put the newest entry on the top of the text file, where I accidentally put it below. Regardless, it shows you what to do.

1705952305902.png

1705952314929.png

Well, i would rathr not turn it off, just make it more interesting, slow it down so instead of having to eat once an hour, maybe once every 3 hours. I would also like to see some kind of bonus for being full, like maybe a luck bonus or something
Open up FoodDecay.cs, and find the line

C#:
public FoodDecayTimer() : base( TimeSpan.FromMinutes( 5 ), TimeSpan.FromMinutes( 5 ) )

The second TimeSpan.FromMinutes ( 5 ) is the interval that hunger and thirst are decreased which is every 5 minutes. Increase that number to whatever feels right for you if you don't want to remove it entirely.

Thanks for this build Spectre, I wanted to play and tinker with Odyssey again and this is a great update and fresh way to start!

Open up FoodDecay.cs, and find the line

C#:
public FoodDecayTimer() : base( TimeSpan.FromMinutes( 5 ), TimeSpan.FromMinutes( 5 ) )

The second TimeSpan.FromMinutes ( 5 ) is the interval that hunger and thirst are decreased which is every 5 minutes. Increase that number to whatever feels right for you if you don't want to remove it entirely.

Thanks for this build Spectre, I wanted to play and tinker with Odyssey again and this is a great update and fresh way to start!
Thanks for the info! I will have a look at it!

Found an interesting bug. I had recorded an Elementalism macro to train it, had my book stolen, replaced the book but not the spell (have to find it in loot again). And my macro will still use the button and cast the spell. I tried the spell with the [commands and it doesn’t cast what I don’t have, just the recorded macro that I can tell. I’m guessing the buttons are only hidden until you unlock the spells, but are otherwise still functional. The spell in question is Elemental Field, but I imagine it’s likely the same for all

Spectre updated Adventurers of Akalabeth with a new update entry:

Cultist - 30 January 2024

From what I uncovered, Razor doesn't seem to care if a gump has a button visible to the player or not. So when I would make a macro to cast a spell from the book, it would allow me to do it whether I had the spell or not. I added an extra check in these situations to ensure the spell is available to the player. I went through the other magic systems as well as they had the same issue.

- This is both a client and server update.
- Added a settings.xml option for time between hunger and thirst...

Read the rest of this update entry...

oh nuts, im doing something wrong. copied the data and info folders with world.exe to my world folder. copied files folder with classicuo.exe to game folder. server boots up fine, but the game only splashes the razor screen for a second and goes away

When it comes to the game client, you just want to delete everything but the DATA folder and SETTINGS.JSON file. Extract the game client files but don't overwrite what you kept. That should be all you need to do.

The DATA folder has your character client settings like window size and such. If you got rid of it, nothing major. It would just mean you probably have to set your client options again.

Sounds like you updated the server just fine.

To clarify, the DATA folder has your character's profile for ClassicUO. It tracks your macros, gumps, etc. This is why it is good to preserve that when updating the client.

1706645578219.png

Last edited:
When it comes to the game client, you just want to delete everything but the DATA folder and SETTINGS.JSON file. Extract the game client files but don't overwrite what you kept. That should be all you need to do.

The DATA folder has your character client settings like window size and such. If you got rid of it, nothing major. It would just mean you probably have to set your client options again.

Sounds like you updated the server just fine.

To clarify, the DATA folder has your character's profile for ClassicUO. It tracks your macros, gumps, etc. This is why it is good to preserve that when updating the client.

View attachment 22999
Okay, I’ll give it a go when I can get back to it. In this case in particular, with the new settings, should I just replace that as well and use my backup as a reference?

Okay, I’ll give it a go when I can get back to it. In this case in particular, with the new settings, should I just replace that as well and use my backup as a reference?
Whatever is easier for you. You can copy/paste 3 settings at the bottom of yours...or just start with a fresh one.

lol, didn’t read carefully enough and didn’t see that but no biggie, got it going again, just have to fix my hotkeys on razor, macros and scripts stayed put. Thanks for the continued support

Hello again, Spectre. I’ve been thinking about something that I personally would find as a huge quality of life upgrade. There is an old ServUO post by zerodowned called “Pause Command Ver 3” that I suspect isn’t ever going to work for this one, but the concept is solid I think.

Throw in some kind of pause on the hunger system and I won’t be conflicted about keeping or taking out the fooddecay script.

Hope all is well

This was addressed in "Cultist - 30 January 2024" update. It allows folks to extend the length of time that hunger and thirst deplete.

It’s less about the hunger and more about the pause function. It’s difficult for me to have any amount of time that continues for more that a few minutes before I have to leave my pc for whatever reason, and without the ability to pause, I risk losing progress. I’m honestly reading and thinking about the game more than I can find time to make any meaningful progress.

Unless I’m mistaken, the character doesn’t disappear when you log out if you aren’t somewhere specific or have certain skills and items. So the only option is to continually close down the server and start it up every single time…

I dunno, maybe it’s a personal flavor issue for me. I’ll try to learn how to make it so

I dunno, maybe it’s a personal flavor issue for me. I’ll try to learn how to make it so
True. The game isn't really for everyone. Well at least you have the entire server code so you can make whatever changes you want. Perhaps make it the "flavor" that works for your lifestyle.

Went into Dungeon Clues last night and found some of the statics are named Static, instead of pile of books or whatnot. Not sure if they are important though, I couldn’t do anything with them. Found in the stone structure in that dungeon.

It looks like decorations that were added to the game instead of the map. I also found a stone table, blood, and skull candle that were added as decoration and not baked into the map.

I did a server code change to name them properly from the TILEDATA file so things like this won't be named "static" anymore, but I removed those items from the game and put them right into the map instead.

Not in a rush to push out these changes as they are inconsequential. I will wait until there are more updates later.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back