I made this video tutorial on how to Install and Setup the Server\Client for CentrED+.
The video is available in 720p and 1080p.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I was very nervous as this was my first tutorial video, so please excuse anything that sounds dumb. I probably recorded this 50 times before i was happy enough with it make it public.

Links:
http://dev.uoquint.ru/projects/centred
http://dev.uoquint.ru/projects/centred/wiki/Eng

Download:
http://dev.uoquint.ru/projects/centred/files

The examples in this tutorial will be using C:\CentrED & C:\Ultima Online you can replace this with where ever you have installed CentrED+ and UO .

1. Download CentrED+ from the link above.
2. Run the installer as an administrator (win7)
3. Make sure the CentrED+ Server box is checked it is required for local usage.
4. After the install is complete navigate to the PEBinaries folder and launch cedserver.exe
5. A cmd window will open and you will now begin the creation process for cedserver.xml
Language file... if you speak English just hit enter. CentrED+ supports English, Italian, Russian and Spanish out of the box.
If you'd like your CentrED+ server to use another language you type C:\CentrED\Language\Russian.ini and hit enter replace Russian with Spanish or Italian if you prefer those languages.

Port... If you are only going to be using CentrED+ locally just type in the default port it does not matter. If you are going to have people connect to you and you wish to custom the port they connect to you with this is when you type it in and hit enter.

Paths Settings.. These are the mul files that you will be using and editing with CentrED+.
You want to include the entire directory and file name.
Code:
Examples
C:\Ultima Online\map0.mul
C:\Ultima Online\staidx0.mul
C:\Ultima Online\statics0.mul
C:\Ultima Online\tiledata.mul
C:\Ultima Online\radarcol.mul
If you want to edit a map other then Felucca(0) change the 0 after map0, staidx0 and statics0 to the map you wish to edit.
Maps Settings...
Width: Pre-v6.0= 768 | Post-v6.0 = 896
Height = 512

Format... This depends on what your UO Client version is. you can find the flag you need here:http://dev.uoquint.ru/projects/centred/wiki/Start_and_server_setup#Configuration-file
on that page Above Sizes of Standard maps you'll see "Thus, standard values of flags for standard clients:"
I use HS between 7.0.8.44 - 7.0.23.1 so my flag would be 0x000C

Admin username: IS CASE SENSITIVE
Admin Password: the password is hidden so when you type you wont see it but you will be typing.

6. If you did everything correctly it will create a cedserver.xml file and Begin Initialization. When Initialization is complete.
Launch UOCentrED+
If you are working locally make sure your server says localhost or 127.0.0.1 and that your port is the same one you set in the earlier steps of this tutorial.
Account or username is case sensitive.
Make sure you set your Dara Files to the same ones you specified for your server. You can click the folder icon to navigate to your UO files.
Now hit Connect to Server.
Additional information
StaticZ said:
As for installer some notes that maybe can be useful:
1) you can force set installer language by running it with parameter /LANG=ENG /LANG=SPA and others (it can be sometimes useful if someone use OS with foreign localization)
2) installation process some differs if application is already installed
3) You don't need to type all values in server - in brackets are default values if you just push enter it will used, otherwise what you type, also you can use not complete paths ( "..\" - this mean up folder, or you can simply drag and drop file on cmd window)
4) One of the most common error is trying share mul files for server with other programs like client or Fiddler
5) If someone will want to repeat configure step need either to edit profile or to delete it... C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\CentrED-plus

Last edited:
Hi, I have been trying to do this for some time now.
I am using a custom map - http://www.darkshard.net/completed_maps/thanimur.html - to be exact.
I have followed the tutorial all the way through, I have my .mul files in my PEBineries folder so adjusted my set-up to match. I changed the default map size to 896 x 512
Once I had done all this the console spouts out a few lines and closes instead of initialising and waiting like the video.

Every time I try and load the server it spouts a few lines quickly and closes. I tried to read it or screenshot it but I am just not quick enough.
I am using client 7.0.20.0 Patch 59 so using client type 0x000c

Could the issue be I have multiple clients installed of various versions? I play a custom shard so have that client, the client to the shard I am working on and an up to date client.

Any ideas?
Thanks!

Thanimur isn't 7168x4096, its 6144x4096.

Open your .xml and edit the 896 to 768 and you'll be good to go. In the future you can tell what size map you're using by converting the KB size into bytes, and referencing the great chart provided by StaticZ here.

Something so simple and it works!
Great thanks.

Now to have a play around, might even try and learn some map making next!

Looks like I missed the opportunity to thank Hank for this great Video, which helped me set CED+ up. What may be helpful for future users would be an introduction to the tilesgroup.xml and virtualtiles.xml.

What may be helpful for future users would be an introduction to the tilesgroup.xml and virtualtiles.xml.
I have got two videos planned for the future. One of which specifically deals with the tilesgroup.xml and virtualtiles.xml showing how to use uofiddler to find what you want to add or even remove to both of those. I have just not found a good time to sit down and produce something on a par-professional level. The other video I have planned out is an introduction to the UI of Ced+ to give new users a headstart on it's basic functions and a few tricks and techniques I and others may use.

CentrED quits at loading Window forms, minimizes to task bar and server never runs past User admin registered
(checked task manager it shows 0% activity for server or login after said stall)
Any Ideas I know it worked before I deleted to reorganize hard-drive ended up re-installing it right back where it was and now it wont run

Im (windows 8 64bit) Hs 7.0.20 896 512 0x000C & this did work before its been awhile though

& Yes Ive played with pretty much every trouble shooter idea stated

@Omegaexdeath CentrED or CentrED+?
This thread is for CentrED+

This sounds along the times of the same type of issue report I get all the time. "The server just closes after the admin account step"
This is not a problem with centred+ or my tutorial.

I can't help you with the general use of a computer or anyone for that matter. I also can't advise on anything to do with windows 8, ever.
All i can say is make sure you have all the .nets installed and any other things of that nature. Try running it with admin rights.
Ensure nothing at all is using the ultima online folder when you try to set this up

I'm sorry if this sounds rude but I get asked this a lot.

edit:
You want to try deleting this folder, just like is mentioned in: More Tips\Info from author #5
C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\CentrED-plus

Last edited:
its CentrED+
admins
.nets
got em
And i was just posting my specs it case it was related to OS

server doesn't close its the CentrED + client it just doesn't get past the loading Windows form

then the client minimizes into the task-bar and it doesn't load

and nobody said anything about there being anything wrong with your tutorial its fine

you had a video that helped the first time i set it up which worked

i just cant figure out why the clients not working

its not rude to not have all the answers

i cant figure it out so i asked

ah my bad. If you're able to get that far with the client and the server says something like "User (admin) registered:127.0.0.1"
Then you are actually connecting to the server with the client, that is normal.

The part about the client minimizing I'm unsure of. @m309 may have an answer for that?

See you do have all the answers!?!
YOUR the man TY that did it
it was the old account files
I dont think about hidden files enough i gotta clean some of those out but its working now

P.S might help to clean the translation on the tips they make little or no sense at all (to me)

TYTYTYTYTYTYTYT Thank you.

Was just reading this and was going to post to delete the appdata files. Glad it got worked out!

I apologize for asking, but is the original CentRED site just very simply "Down"? CentRED + Quintessence seems to have quite a few issues when loading the server and the client due to an endless list of error codes, and I don't recall the original(AKS database) site's programs being this difficult. Ultimately, there's not alot of 'help' needed on my end but for me personally it seems better to just downgrade.

A useful trick/tip I picked up on. If you're trying to setup the server and it keeps instantly closing and not creating the cedserver.xml Try this.

SHIFT+Right click on the folder that contains cedserver.exe and left click Open Command Window Here. You should see the cmd window pop up with the directory location. Now in that cmd window type cedserver.exe and hit Enter. Proceed like normal how you would if you were setting up your server.

Instead of it instantly closing you should now see an Error msg. Now you know what is causing the issue and if you still can't figure it out you now have more information you can give to others to assist you beyond it simply closes.

If you don't know how to copy from a cmd window. Left click the icon in the top left of the cmd window Edit > Select all. Again left click it and Edit > Copy.

I followed the video and everything was as it said. When I hit "enter" to start the server, I got the following error:

[07:45:05] Loading: MapAn unhandled exception occurred at $00424636 :
EFOpenError : Unable to open file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\UO_Map
\map1.mul"
$00424636
$0044B30E
$0041C9D4
$00401C38

In doing research on it, I found that I do NOT have the map1.mul file in the UO folder. In addition to that, I found that I don't have any mapX.mul files. I do have facetXX.mul files.

I am using CenterED+ version 0.7.08 which I got from here: http://dev.uoquint.ru/projects/centred/files

I got the client from: http://uo.com/client-download/
and patched it to 7.0.46.0 so I was using the format 0x0010 which is from the wiki page here http://dev.uoquint.ru/projects/centred/wiki/Start_and_server_setup

Anyone know why the map0.mul does not exist for this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
That would appear to be the case. I do have those files.

Should I substitute or is that even an option at this point?

Well Followed your tuto and I still have the same prob My file size is 89 915 392 o and 7168,4096 using the client 7.0.20.0 and I cant get to Open cedserver with those config
<Map>
<Map>E:\Game\uo\map0.mul</Map>
<StaIdx>E:\Game\uo\staidx0.mul</StaIdx>
<Statics>E:\Game\uo\statics0.mul</Statics>
<Width>896</Width>
<Height>512</Height>
<Format>0x000C</Format>
</Map>
<Tiledata>E:\Game\uo\tiledata.mul</Tiledata>
<Radarcol>E:\Game\uo\radarcol.mul</Radarcol>

Tried with the osi map and it work fine So I was working on a custom server but stopped because of that any help would be appreciate!

Tried with the osi map and it work fine So I was working on a custom server but stopped because of that any help would be appreciate!
Well when ever you you're doing something that is not default files there is always that chance it wont quite work right. This is not just in regards to Ced of course. :)

This cfg looks pretty standard. Are you certain that the map size that this custom server (custom client files I presume?) uses is accurate? And are you certain that the custom client files are 7.0.20?

My file size is 89 915 392 o and 7168,4096 using the client 7.0.20.0
You mention file sizes. What file(s) are these sizes?

Its map0.mul and the client is the same from allure i think! If you can help me with it it would be appreciate I could send you the file anyway I was getting started and found out that this wasn't working so I dont really understand why. The map Is working just fine in game!

I'm having some difficulty. Currently I'm using Client 7.0.49.69, which required me to go through the headache of recompiling UOFiddler to get the UOP Packer converter running to swap to .MUL format. It created Map0.mul (87,809 KB), however it's still throwing the error "Bad mul files. Check map and file sizes."

Any suggestions? Here's my config file.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<CEDConfig Version="5">
<Language>..\Language\English.ini</Language>
<Port>2597</Port>
<Map>
<Map>C:\Users\adsum_000\Desktop\uoquint.ru\CentrED+\PEBinaries\map0.mul</Map>
<StaIdx>C:\Users\adsum_000\Desktop\uoquint.ru\CentrED+\PEBinaries\staidx0.mul</StaIdx>
<Statics>C:\Users\adsum_000\Desktop\uoquint.ru\CentrED+\PEBinaries\statics0.mul</Statics>
<Width>896</Width>
<Height>512</Height>
<Format>0x00000010</Format>
</Map>
<Tiledata>C:\Users\adsum_000\Desktop\uoquint.ru\CentrED+\PEBinaries\tiledata.mul</Tiledata>
<Radarcol>C:\Users\adsum_000\Desktop\uoquint.ru\CentrED+\PEBinaries\radarcol.mul</Radarcol>
<Accounts>
<Account>
<Name>admin</Name>
<PasswordHash>21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3</PasswordHash>
<AccessLevel>255</AccessLevel>
<LastPos x="0" y="0"/>
<Regions/>
</Account>
</Accounts>
<Regions/>
</CEDConfig>

As far as I know .uop files are not implemented yet. So you have to use an older client to get this to work. I assume that the last version Centred+ is working with properly is Client version 7.0.23.1. But I never used it. I will try it out, but anyway, this is what I would call a hard limit.

As far as I know .uop files are not implemented yet. So you have to use an older client to get this to work. I assume that the last version Centred+ is working with properly is Client version 7.0.23.1. But I never used it. I will try it out, but anyway, this is what I would call a hard limit.

I found a client that works.

Now my questions are, can I mass delete "statics"?

Can I copy/move terrain + statics?

Last edited:
For some reason, after I get passed making a user name every time, it keeps crashing, I am running it as admin, I have tried running it in compatibility mode. I'm going to try one more thing and see if it'll work that way. If it does, great, but if not I'll be at a loss.

Does CentrED+ support win 64bit? I installed everthing which tutorial mentioned,but I could not access my server.
[doublepost=1521965953][/doublepost]Does CentrED+ support 64 bit win? I installed everything Tutorial mentioned, but I could not access my server.

Thanimur isn't 7168x4096, its 6144x4096.

Open your .xml and edit the 896 to 768 and you'll be good to go. In the future you can tell what size map you're using by converting the KB size into bytes, and referencing the great chart provided by StaticZ here.
OK.A question. I am trying to load 5 full maps from the Darkshard DVD. What I want to know is Can I Make all maps 6144x4096? And why do I keep falling through the land tiles?

For anyone having problems, make sure your file path doesn't contain any weird characters.
I don't know if it was the spaces or the () but the server would not launch for me in C:\Program Files (x86)\... while it launched just fine in C:\UO\
[doublepost=1532459208][/doublepost]The same applies to the installation path for CentrED+

I found a client that works.

Now my questions are, can I mass delete "statics"?

Can I copy/move terrain + statics?
This is what I use, Load the right map Stats( the full set) and then your custom files.

Attachments

• blanks.7z
    785 bytes · Views: 50
Hi guys I use the ultima online 9 anniversary
UO Version 6.0.1.10 ( Patch 72 )
So I should be on ML
Width [768]: 896
Height [512]: 512
0x0004

The server is created but when i try to log in I have an Range Error.. what's ? maybe the width and height are wrong?

Thanks!

I'm having an issue with the server itself. I created everything but once I get to the username and password when I am done with that it closes. Everything I reopen the server the window will pop up for a fraction of a second then crash. Not sure why. I am trying compatibility mode but even that doesn't work as it still crashes.

I'm having an issue with the server itself. I created everything but once I get to the username and password when I am done with that it closes. Everything I reopen the server the window will pop up for a fraction of a second then crash. Not sure why. I am trying compatibility mode but even that doesn't work as it still crashes.
You are running as administrator correct? And did not block it with your firewall?

Back