Hi, I have a problem with the map: For example I remove a static impassable tile in centred, but when the new map is uploaded there's still the "ghost" of the deleted tile and if you are not a GM you can't pass through and ofcourse you can't see why; the strange thing is that in local server there's no such a problem, no "ghost" tile, deletetd statics are deleted.
Maybe someone has an idea of the cause?

I had this exact issue.

The issue I had was caused because I had a duplicate map file in my folder for example.

I had 2 x map0.mul files in my local computers UO directory.

I can’t even take credit if that works Punkte advised me lol

Hope this helps

Thank you!

What about the sources?

It will be at same time with next version update, main goals of which are:
  • linux supporting for client and server
  • manual (as wiki is out with old site)
  • some minor bugfixes and improvements
  • creating public repository with source code

Sorry, at this moment I have some difficulties in life and I need time to find server backups, extract sources and related data from there to be able to publish them...

It will be at same time with next version update, main goals of which are:
  • linux supporting for client and server
  • manual (as wiki is out with old site)
  • some minor bugfixes and improvements
  • creating public repository with source code

Sorry, at this moment I have some difficulties in life and I need time to find server backups, extract sources and related data from there to be able to publish them...

Youve already done an amazing job. I spent countless hours having fun on CentrEd, thank you!

Lost all of my building options with the new update, any idea why?
all you options stored as config files, you have to replace default one by yours.
Also check which configs are used, they can be stored in application folder or somewhere at MyDocuments folder

I removed my all old things from the appdata and I and now receiving this error on startup.

Attachments

• 1698535023653.png
    1698535023653.png
    570.1 KB · Views: 20
I removed my all old things from the appdata and I and now receiving this error on startup.
looks like you have some invalid tiles declared in Tileentry.xml you have to check it or all works fine before, probably you have to check server configs - probably it set to work with older client that you use and there are less tiles (in SA and later HS tile limit was increased)

I just downloaded this and it flags as malware

View attachment 22476
false positive - virustotal get score 4/71 and no one major antivirus (Kaspersky, ESET-NOD32, DrWeb, Avast, AVG and so on) give bad result. And as I understand there behaviour related with founded IP adresses (20.99.184.37, 20.99.186.246, 23.216.147.76). Most of them belong to Microsoft you can check that there or on other sites like this one. I have no any idea where they found them, maybe some internal libs have something, maybe there are just some errors in there algorithms.

Sure, I fully agree that any stuff related with Microsoft is 100% virus, but if you still use Windows there is nothing to worry about as all required viruses was already installed and regularly receive updates. :D

looks like you have some invalid tiles declared in Tileentry.xml you have to check it or all works fine before, probably you have to check server configs - probably it set to work with older client that you use and there are less tiles (in SA and later HS tile limit was increased
I wasn't able to get it working but I did get it to change from range check to Cannot create empty directory, I've spent about 10 hours in total trying to figure this out with no success yet.

1698635464318.png

centred can't use uop. Centred+ can load uop without problems. You have to configure the path to use uop instead of mul. It's in the xml.

Because you probably haven't started centred correctly for the first time. then when it asks for filenames just put full path to uop instead of map0.mul

Original website is long gone. There are some copies probably but you have to look for them. You can use wayback machine to find the original setup wiki Start and server setup - CentrEd+ - Quintessence

Or you can use attached configuration. user and password is: admin

It will work if you have files in the cedserver.exe directory if not you have to update paths to all needed files. Remember that server needs separate copy of the files so you should not point it to client files because it may and probably will cause troubles.

Attachments

• cedserver.xml
    685 bytes · Views: 19
Original website is long gone. There are some copies probably but you have to look for them. You can use wayback machine to find the original setup wiki Start and server setup - CentrEd+ - Quintessence

Or you can use attached configuration. user and password is: admin

It will work if you have files in the cedserver.exe directory if not you have to update paths to all needed files. Remember that server needs separate copy of the files so you should not point it to client files because it may and probably will cause troubles.
Thank you so much! Now it works :)

I have no idea what I did to break this lol, but now Im getting the following error on startup:
C#:
======= CentrED+ Server [Version: 0.7.9  Build: 270] =======
Copyright: "UO CentrED" ver 0.6.1 (c) 2009 Andreas Schneider
         : "CentrED+" version (c) 2017 StaticZ (uoquint.com)
[11:52:35] Language loaded: English
[11:52:35] Config file loaded: "cedserver.xml"
[11:52:35] Initialization starting
[11:52:35] Loading: MapAn unhandled exception occurred at $00424766 :
EFOpenError : Unable to open file "C:\Saga of Legends\TSoL Production\Client Files\map0LegacyMUL.uop"
  $00424766
  $0044B446
  $0041CAFF
  $00401C38

Ive confirmed that no other apps are using the files, im not sure what I've done.
Below is my cedserver.xml:

XML:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<CEDConfig Version="6">
  <Language>C:\Saga of Legends\ServUO Misc\CentrED+\Language\English.ini</Language>
  <Port>2597</Port>
  <Map>
    <Map>C:\Saga of Legends\TSoL Production\Client Files\map0LegacyMUL.uop</Map>
    <StaIdx>C:\Saga of Legends\TSoL Production\Client Files\staidx0.mul</StaIdx>
    <Statics>C:\Saga of Legends\TSoL Production\Client Files\statics0.mul</Statics>
    <Width>896</Width>
    <Height>512</Height>
    <Prefix>0</Prefix>
    <Format>0x0000001C</Format>
  </Map>
  <Tiledata>C:\Saga of Legends\TSoL Production\Client Files\tiledata.mul</Tiledata>
  <Radarcol>C:\Saga of Legends\TSoL Production\Client Files\radarcol.mul</Radarcol>
  <Accounts>
    <Account>
      <Name>admin</Name>
      <PasswordHash>21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3</PasswordHash>
      <AccessLevel>255</AccessLevel>
      <LastPos x="0" y="0"/>
      <Regions/>
    </Account>
  </Accounts>
  <Regions/>
</CEDConfig>

maybe the file is still being used by something. Check your task manager is there any leftover process of cedserver maybe? The error says that it's impossible to open the file so it looks like the file is locked or missing. Also if nothing works check with previous backup of the map file and compare them. Maybe for some reason file got corrupted?

Last edited:
maybe the file is still being used by something. Check your task manager is there any leftover process of cedserver maybe? The error says that it's impossible to open the file so it looks like the file is locked or missing. Also if nothing works check with previous backup of the map file and compare them. Maybe for some reason file got corrupted?
It was in fact open in Task Manager.

It's Format, try 0x8, 0xC, 0x10 or 0x18 Setup was on old page but domain is now gone.

Btw. Don't post full file as those hashes under user can be bruteforced through rainbow tables into actual password. So you can accidentally leak your password when you don't intend too.

Attachments

• Start_and_server_setup_-_CentrEd_-_Quintessence.pdf
    402.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
It's Format, try 0x8, 0xC, 0x10 or 0x18 Setup was on old page but domain is now gone.

Btw. Don't post full file as those hashes under user can be bruteforced through rainbow tables into actual password. So you can accidentally leak your password when you don't intend too.
changed to 0x10 and 0x18, as result - server didn't start. When i try to open just nothing happens. When i change back to 0x00 - server starts
1705503466705.png
I changend flag to - 0x000C and now works correctly! :)
Thank you so much!

Last edited:
I never remember combination of those flags exactly hence the multiple options :) Wrong combination causes server to crash so yea that can happen.

I got new strange situation :)

I select an object(red flowers)which has already added on the map. Buuut it is not in static list
1705569860476.png

I found flowers in fiddler with same id

1705570038773.png

Also in TileData
1705570087037.png
Why centered can't find this item?

That name comes from tiledata so something is wrong with your tiledata probably. Do you have mul and uop files mixed in your client folder? Maybe you have different contents of those art mul/uop files and depending on application it picks up different files?

Back