ClassicUO Client

adamg6284

Aug 8, 2014
Shard Name
Ulmaria
I am having a hard time publishing the client in Microsoft Visual Studio. Can someone help me?

Djeryv

Oct 2, 2014
And...you are trying to compile the source?

Don't they provide binaries already?

Is there a link to get this?

adamg6284

Aug 8, 2014
Shard Name
Ulmaria
Post automatically merged:

Not sure. This is all I could find.

Lokai

ServUO Developer
Dec 4, 2014
Western New York State
Shard Name
Test Center
Donate
Donate money to this user
That looks really cool. I will have to check it out sometime. Did you follow the instructions on the main page? It looked fairly straightforward. Did you get an error message or some other unexpected result?

adamg6284

Aug 8, 2014
Shard Name
Ulmaria
That looks really cool. I will have to check it out sometime. Did you follow the instructions on the main page? It looked fairly straightforward. Did you get an error message or some other unexpected result?
Yeah, I got an error message and it wouldn't publish.

Lokai

ServUO Developer
Dec 4, 2014
Western New York State
Shard Name
Test Center
Donate
I was getting errors at first, but this compiled fine for me after I downloaded the latest .NET Framework for Developers and Updated VS 2017 to the latest version. That's probably all you need.

Lionar

Jul 22, 2014
I found this client a few weeks ago and it's probably one of the coolest things I've ever seen on Ultima Online. It is incredibly easy to set up and to start. I strongly recommend everyone to try it, the team that is developing it is very active and responds quickly to any kind of error shown. I found a crash in the client from my local server and within a few minutes the developer responded to my report, I did connect it to my local shard (which is still under development), I showed it exactly in what time the client crashed and within a few minutes he had already fixed and updated the client. I renew my advice to try it and to report any type of error encountered so that the development of this fantastic client can proceed as quickly as possible. Personally it's a dream come true, Ultima online can finally rejuvenate.

adamg6284

Aug 8, 2014
Shard Name
Ulmaria
I found this client a few weeks ago and it's probably one of the coolest things I've ever seen on Ultima Online. It is incredibly easy to set up and to start. I strongly recommend everyone to try it, the team that is developing it is very active and responds quickly to any kind of error shown. I found a crash in the client from my local server and within a few minutes the developer responded to my report, I did connect it to my local shard (which is still under development), I showed it exactly in what time the client crashed and within a few minutes he had already fixed and updated the client. I renew my advice to try it and to report any type of error encountered so that the development of this fantastic client can proceed as quickly as possible. Personally it's a dream come true, Ultima online can finally rejuvenate.
This is great news indeed. Can you help me get it working? It won't compile for me in Visual Studio

I was getting errors at first, but this compiled fine for me after I downloaded the latest .NET Framework for Developers and Updated VS 2017 to the latest version. That's probably all you need.
I'm a nub when it comes to this stuff.

Lokai

ServUO Developer
Dec 4, 2014
Western New York State
Shard Name
Test Center
Donate
I'm a nub when it comes to this stuff.
From Visual Studio, look for the Help link, there should be a "Check for Updates" option. Look through the menus until you find that. As far as .NET framework, just google .NET Framework for Developers, and download and install it from Microsoft.

Reactions: adamg6284

adamg6284

Aug 8, 2014
Shard Name
Ulmaria
From Visual Studio, look for the Help link, there should be a "Check for Updates" option. Look through the menus until you find that. As far as .NET framework, just google .NET Framework for Developers, and download and install it from Microsoft.

ok I will try that and then try to compile it again.

Lokai

ServUO Developer
Dec 4, 2014
Western New York State
Shard Name
Test Center
Donate
When you build it, in the box next to the green arrow there will be either the word "Debug" or "Release". You should have it set on "Debug". After you compile it, the source executable will be inside the bin/Debug folder. Hope that helps.

adamg6284

Aug 8, 2014
Shard Name
Ulmaria
If you can't compile, just go here and get the release version. It is updated often and it already compiled.

https://github.com/andreakarasho/ClassicUO/releases/
Thanks man, that's really what I was looking for.

If you can't compile, just go here and get the release version. It is updated often and it already compiled.

https://github.com/andreakarasho/ClassicUO/releases/
So I edited the settings.json file but its still not loading up. Wonder what I'm doing wrong.

I put in my UO client directory and my version of the client.

Last edited:

adamg6284

Aug 8, 2014
Shard Name
Ulmaria
{
"username": "",
"password": "",
"ip": "127.0.0.1",
"port": 2593,
"ultimaonlinedirectory": "C:\\Users\\Adam\\Desktop\\Ulmaria",
"clientversion": "7.0.10.3",