And...you are trying to compile the source?

Don't they provide binaries already?

Is there a link to get this?

That looks really cool. I will have to check it out sometime. Did you follow the instructions on the main page? It looked fairly straightforward. Did you get an error message or some other unexpected result?

That looks really cool. I will have to check it out sometime. Did you follow the instructions on the main page? It looked fairly straightforward. Did you get an error message or some other unexpected result?

Yeah, I got an error message and it wouldn't publish.

I was getting errors at first, but this compiled fine for me after I downloaded the latest .NET Framework for Developers and Updated VS 2017 to the latest version. That's probably all you need.

I found this client a few weeks ago and it's probably one of the coolest things I've ever seen on Ultima Online. It is incredibly easy to set up and to start. I strongly recommend everyone to try it, the team that is developing it is very active and responds quickly to any kind of error shown. I found a crash in the client from my local server and within a few minutes the developer responded to my report, I did connect it to my local shard (which is still under development), I showed it exactly in what time the client crashed and within a few minutes he had already fixed and updated the client. I renew my advice to try it and to report any type of error encountered so that the development of this fantastic client can proceed as quickly as possible. Personally it's a dream come true, Ultima online can finally rejuvenate.

I found this client a few weeks ago and it's probably one of the coolest things I've ever seen on Ultima Online. It is incredibly easy to set up and to start. I strongly recommend everyone to try it, the team that is developing it is very active and responds quickly to any kind of error shown. I found a crash in the client from my local server and within a few minutes the developer responded to my report, I did connect it to my local shard (which is still under development), I showed it exactly in what time the client crashed and within a few minutes he had already fixed and updated the client. I renew my advice to try it and to report any type of error encountered so that the development of this fantastic client can proceed as quickly as possible. Personally it's a dream come true, Ultima online can finally rejuvenate.

This is great news indeed. Can you help me get it working? It won't compile for me in Visual Studio
Post automatically merged:

I was getting errors at first, but this compiled fine for me after I downloaded the latest .NET Framework for Developers and Updated VS 2017 to the latest version. That's probably all you need.

I'm a nub when it comes to this stuff.

I'm a nub when it comes to this stuff.

From Visual Studio, look for the Help link, there should be a "Check for Updates" option. Look through the menus until you find that. As far as .NET framework, just google .NET Framework for Developers, and download and install it from Microsoft.

From Visual Studio, look for the Help link, there should be a "Check for Updates" option. Look through the menus until you find that. As far as .NET framework, just google .NET Framework for Developers, and download and install it from Microsoft.

ok I will try that and then try to compile it again.

When you build it, in the box next to the green arrow there will be either the word "Debug" or "Release". You should have it set on "Debug". After you compile it, the source executable will be inside the bin/Debug folder. Hope that helps.

If you can't compile, just go here and get the release version. It is updated often and it already compiled.

https://github.com/andreakarasho/ClassicUO/releases/

Thanks man, that's really what I was looking for.

If you can't compile, just go here and get the release version. It is updated often and it already compiled.

https://github.com/andreakarasho/ClassicUO/releases/

So I edited the settings.json file but its still not loading up. Wonder what I'm doing wrong.

I put in my UO client directory and my version of the client.

Last edited:
{
"username": "",
"password": "",
"ip": "127.0.0.1",
"port": 2593,
"ultimaonlinedirectory": "C:\\Users\\Adam\\Desktop\\Ulmaria",
"clientversion": "7.0.10.3",
"lastcharactername": "",
"lastservernum": 1,
"login_fps": 60,
"debug": false,
"profiler": true,
"preload_maps": false,
"saveaccount": false,
"autologin": false,
"reconnect": false,
"reconnect_time": 0,
"login_music": true,
"login_music_volume": 70,
"shard_type": 0,
"fixed_time_step": true,
"plugins": [
".\\Assistant\\Razor.dll"
]
}

You can trying installing it again to see if it says "already installed". I know you can go into programs and features and see if 4.6 is installed.

There is also this suggestion from the ClassicUO Discord (which is good to join if you like this client and want better back-and-forth)...

Update Visual c++ redistribute files:

That was a suggestion from the discord channel.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=55167

Microsoft Download Center
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7 (Offline Installer)
The Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7 is a highly compatible, in-place update to the Microsoft .NET Framework 4, 4.5, 4.5.1, 4.5.2, 4.6, 4.6.1, and 4.6.2. The offline package can be used in situations where the web installer cannot be used due to lack of internet connectivity.
So to even run this client you have to have visual studio installed?
Just the redistributable...not the full visual studio.

For those of you who are placing the ClassicUO folder inside of your shard's UO directory with all its files, you could also do this...

"ultimaonlinedirectory": "..\\",

That will basically mean that it will go to one folder level up and find the files there.. Better imo to do that if yall you ever do is plan to drag/drop the ClassicUO folder in any shard that you play. So it will always work and you never have to change the filepath again (assuming you put it in a folder inside your UO shard you play)

Sorry for gravedigging this one, but I had the same problem. ClassicUO wouldn't start at all. I had a look in the log files without getting any the wiser.

I think the OP's problem is/was not actually having the OSI client with the art files and what not. After downloading the classic client here:

installing and adding the path to settings.json it finally loaded. Except it didn't quite because art.mul was in use by the server. After wrestling with this whole problem for some time I took a sledgehammer approach to it and just copied the whole OSI client folder to the server directory, changed the path in datapath.cfg and called it a night.

And it actually worked :)

Anyhoo, maybe this will help some other user with the same problem.

Back