Code:
World: Loading...Error:
System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.E
xtensionAttribute' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, Pu
blicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.
   at System.ModuleHandle.ResolveType(RuntimeModule module, Int32 typeToken, Int
Ptr* typeInstArgs, Int32 typeInstCount, IntPtr* methodInstArgs, Int32 methodInst
Count, ObjectHandleOnStack type)
   at System.ModuleHandle.ResolveTypeHandleInternal(RuntimeModule module, Int32
typeToken, RuntimeTypeHandle[] typeInstantiationContext, RuntimeTypeHandle[] met
hodInstantiationContext)
   at System.ModuleHandle.ResolveTypeHandle(Int32 typeToken, RuntimeTypeHandle[]
 typeInstantiationContext, RuntimeTypeHandle[] methodInstantiationContext)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.ResolveType(Int32 metadataToken, Type[] ge
nericTypeArguments, Type[] genericMethodArguments)
   at System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.FilterCustomAttributeRecord(CustomAttrib
uteRecord caRecord, MetadataImport scope, Assembly& lastAptcaOkAssembly, Runtime
Module decoratedModule, MetadataToken decoratedToken, RuntimeType attributeFilte
rType, Boolean mustBeInheritable, Object[] attributes, IList derivedAttributes,
RuntimeType& attributeType, IRuntimeMethodInfo& ctor, Boolean& ctorHasParameters
, Boolean& isVarArg)
   at System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.IsCustomAttributeDefined(RuntimeModule d
ecoratedModule, Int32 decoratedMetadataToken, RuntimeType attributeFilterType, B
oolean mustBeInheritable)
   at System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.IsDefined(RuntimeType type, RuntimeType
caType, Boolean inherit)
   at Server.TypeCache..ctor(Assembly asm)
   at Server.ScriptCompiler.FindTypeByFullName(String fullName, Boolean ignoreCa
se)
   at Server.World.ReadTypes(BinaryReader tdbReader)
   at Server.World.Load()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)
This exception is fatal, press return to exit

This is using the latest JustUO, adding: FS:ATS, Player Government and Yard Wand system. (Yes, all systems are installed properly.)

I haven't looked at JustUO's code but is it targeted to .net 4.5? If so do you have the .net 4.5 framework installed?

Something in the dependency chain or justuo itself has been targeted to 4.5. You will need to check this.

This is not actually at compile, its at world load. Is one of the systems calling System.Core instead of mscorlib.dll?

JustUO is targeting 4.0. However, you can get this error if you have something else targeting 4.5, maybe something in one of the packages?

Last edited:
Probably not explaining this well. My experience is this type of issue during world load is almost always something in Assemblies.cfg, maybe you can post that file?

Probably not explaining this well. My experience is this type of issue during world load is almost always something in Assemblies.cfg, maybe you can post that file?
It's stock JustUO Raven, the Assemblies.cfg wasn't changed and none of those systems require a change be made to Assemblies.cfg.

Hmm, its gotta be an assembly call from one of the scripts, but I dont have any of those addons. Do you see any references to System.Core or to mscorlib?

Doesn't the Yard Wand system use the old Ultima.dll? The error does appear to be a .net framework error.
Not to my knowledge, but it has been awhile.

Hmm, its gotta be an assembly call from one of the scripts, but I dont have any of those addons. Do you see any references to System.Core or to mscorlib?
Nope, no references to either of those things in any of those addons.

Here's the Assemblies.cfg
Code:
System.dll
System.Core.dll
System.Data.dll
System.Data.DataSetExtensions.dll
System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Web.dll
System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Xml.dll
System.Xml.Linq.dll
Microsoft.CSharp.dll

OpenUO.Core.dll
OpenUO.Ultima.dll
OpenUO.Ultima.Windows.Forms.dll

I'm running up to .Net 4.5 on my computer though.

Darnit!

Could you try with a blank JustUO and add those systems one at a time? We gotta figure out which system is doing it. Like Insanity, I suspect Yard Wand, so you might try that one first.

*shrugs* It didn't show up again. I started with the Yard Wand and added it, everything was good. I then added the Player Government system, again, everything was good. Last was FS:ATS and it installed fine as well with no additional problems. I know the original merges were all good because I used the same files to merge into the vanilla JustUO. Was this just a fluke? Could the order of installation for the systems be the problem?

I wouldn't think the order would make a difference, but I have no idea why it happened to be honest. As was stated earlier by others, that error usually comes from a problem between NET 4 and 4.5, especially when related to the move from System.Core.dll to mscorlib.dll.

But then, its weird that it came up during World Load, which usually makes me think of either Assemblies.cfg or something with saves or serialization. Maybe the fact that you added, started, added, started, and added again helped with a load issue? I really have no clue, lol

But then, its weird that it came up during World Load, which usually makes me think of either Assemblies.cfg or something with saves or serialization. Maybe the fact that you added, started, added, started, and added again helped with a load issue? I really have no clue, lol

It's little nuggets like this that people need to know when it comes to adding systems to ANY emulator. ONE AT A TIME.....Shutdown and Restart (with save), then do a quick test on the system before adding another one. Sometimes I forget to follow my own advice though :p
Thanks for the input everyone ;)

Back