djtone submitted a new resource:

Dave's Custom Ores - custom ore blacksmith mining

My start at Custom Ores....

From scratch, couldn't find any good examples.. all the old ones I can no longer find out there.
Most of you actives probably already hove your own custom ores, but what the heck! :)

Added 7 more ores that can me mined, smelted, and used for Blacksmithy.
Sill need to modify some additional scripts (like Tinker and Bods).

Call this version .90 with more updates to come. Any and ALL comments welcome.

Thanks, Dave

Read more about this resource...

Reactions: ExX
djtone updated Dave's Custom Ores with a new update entry:

Dave's Custom Ore and Wood 1.0

OK, larger update here.......

MAKE SURE TO run the World build from the Admin to apply new odds for finding new ores and logs !

First to recap...
NEW ORES (based upon real earth metals). All of these ores follow (and are rarer than Valorite)
7 new ores; Rhodium, Platinum, Ruthenium, Iridium, Osmium, Palladium, and Rhenium

NOW onto additions/changes....
* NEW Logs/Wood (These sit between Yew and Bloodwood).
4 new logs types; Cedar, Walnut, Maple and Petrified.
* Updated messaging when...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Great job dude!! Thanks a lot!! If I want to change the regions where to find the ores ??? what file cs should I change?

I'm not sure how well that could be done. If you were to try and do that it would be the mining.cs file that would have to change.

I replaced all the scripts with your ones, but I get the errors no suitable method to overide

Last edited:
Where do you set the hues? I can't seem to understand these files as well as i hoped

And as usual when i ask the question i find the place. But on the topic, it would be nice to get a short tutorial on what to add and where to add one custom ore.

Is their a guide on how to install this correctly? I can't figure this out. It comes up with errors for me. Otherwise it looks like a really good script.
Post automatically merged:

These were some of the errors I got after replacing.dave1.pngdave2.png

Last edited:
this is a great idea but the work that has been done is the worse i even seen. we cant just copy and replace distro files like that. im not going out of my way to use win merge. there is no details on what to edit in distros. if your gonna move forward i highly recommend on what version you are using for example publish 57? make a more detail tutorial please and finish the work. this is consider half fast. to be honest this looks like a rip off from owltr

Im actually down to 2 errors of course I don't know if I created crashes yet I will test, and then share, Im using latest ServUO
1631759517312.png

Attachments

• 1631759428680.png
    1631759428680.png
    52.9 KB · Views: 5
check your distillery.cs and deftinkering.cs

Attachments

• Distillery.cs
    3.7 KB · Views: 1
  • DefTinkering.cs
    45 KB · Views: 0
Got it no the errors is in how the Distillery is made on the base files, Im about to test this I got rid of all error now.
Post automatically merged:

ok Works but was not easy, 1631760813429.png

Last edited:
Back