1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misc EnhancedMap v 0.2.1.4

Mapping Tool

1. KaRaShO'

KaRaShO' Member

KaRaShO' submitted a new resource:

EnhancedMap - Mapping Tool

Read more about this resource...

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. manofwar

manofwar Member

OK, lets see, this is what I got when I tried this and walked away from my comp to go to the bathroom. Any one else?

Filename: enhancedmap.exe
    Threat name: Trojan.Gen.2Full Path: c:\uoemulator2016\tools from servuo.com\enhance map\enhancedmap.exe

On computers as of
    8/8/2016 at 5:32:58 PM

Last Used
    8/8/2016 at 10:56:00 PM

Startup Item
    No

Launched
    Yes

Threat type: Virus. Programs that infect other programs, files, or areas of a computer by inserting themselves or attaching themselves to that medium.

enhancedmap.exe Threat name: Trojan.Gen.2
    Locate

Very Few Users
    Fewer than 5 users in the Norton Community have used this file.

New
    This file was released 10 days ago.

High
    This file risk is high.

Source: External Media

Source File:
    winrar.exe

File Created:
    enhancedupdater.exe

File Created:
    enhancedmap.exe

File Actions

File: c:\uoemulator2016\tools from runuo.net\enhance map\ settings.xml Threat Removed
    File: c:\uoemulator2016\tools from runuo.net\enhance map\maps\ 2dmap0.png Threat Removed
    File: c:\uoemulator2016\tools from runuo.net\enhance map\maps\ 2dmap1.png Threat Removed
    File: c:\uoemulator2016\tools from runuo.net\enhance map\maps\ 2dmap2.png Threat Removed
    File: c:\uoemulator2016\tools from runuo.net\enhance map\maps\ 2dmap3.png Threat Removed
    File: c:\uoemulator2016\tools from runuo.net\enhance map\maps\ 2dmap4.png Threat Removed
    File: c:\uoemulator2016\tools from runuo.net\enhance map\maps\ 2dmap5.png Threat Removed
    File: c:\uoemulator2016\tools from runuo.net\enhance map\ settings.xml No Action Required
    File: c:\uoemulator2016\tools from runuo.net\enhance map\maps\ 2dmap0.png No Action Required
    File: c:\uoemulator2016\tools from runuo.net\enhance map\maps\ 2dmap1.png No Action Required
    File: c:\uoemulator2016\tools from runuo.net\enhance map\maps\ 2dmap2.png No Action Required
    File: c:\uoemulator2016\tools from runuo.net\enhance map\maps\ 2dmap3.png No Action Required
    File: c:\uoemulator2016\tools from runuo.net\enhance map\maps\ 2dmap4.png No Action Required
    File: c:\uoemulator2016\tools from runuo.net\enhance map\maps\ 2dmap5.png No Action Required
    Event: Running process: c:\uoemulator2016\tools from runuo.net\enhance map\ enhancedmap.exe Terminated
    Infected file: c:\uoemulator2016\tools from runuo.net\enhance map\ enhancedmap.exe No Action Required
    Directory: c:\uoemulator2016\tools from runuo.net\enhance map\ maps Threat Removed
    Directory: c:\uoemulator2016\tools from runuo.net\enhance map\ maps No Action Required

Registry Actions

Registry change: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Tracing\ EnhancedMap_RASAPI32, Registry Hive: 64 bit Threat Removed
    Registry change: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Tracing\ EnhancedMap_RASMANCS, Registry Hive: 64 bit Threat Removed

File Thumbprint - SHA:
    69a5e948be477b85f74c3893db7397a7ac4baeb6af528a173373e6fe6ce095f7
    File Thumbprint - MD5:
    Not available

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. KaRaShO'

KaRaShO' Member

Hello!
    Thanks for posting it.
    I understand because your (and others) antivirus detect a non-virus ( i don't use antivirus from 10 years):

Now i'll try to fix this problem! :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. manofwar

manofwar Member

Nice, I really wanted to see what this new program did in person.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  5. KaRaShO'

KaRaShO' Member

I release for beta testing EM on UoDreams (where im playing) and UODStaff replaced old uoam for EM.
    This is my first project with an official release. I make this program to increase my code's ability.... (Now im learning to use Unity3d :D)

(My first release: http://www.gamesnet.it/showthread.php/768808-Enhanced-Map-Nuovo-progetto-per-il-mapping-di-UO-(Beta))
    (Announce for server's opening: http://www.gamesnet.it/showthread.p...-Map-Server!-Si-apre-la-Beta-release-pubblica!)

Insert your EM's folder into antivirus exception and try it :)
    Don't worry, im not a f***n virus's programmer

ps : I make this app for Android in 2hours (java is very similar to c#)... But for now its an alpha release and it has only a chat form... it works eh :p
    https://i.imgur.com/cd3TVDg.png

#5 KaRaShO', Aug 10, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  6. manofwar

manofwar Member

Sorry man, wasn't trying to insinuate that you was programming a virus, just reporting what I got. I plan on trying it out this weekend while I got more time to play with it, real world work sucks LOL.

7. KaRaShO'

KaRaShO' Member

8. Visam

Visam Member

I've been playing around with this since you first posted it. It looks and feels a lot like UO Automap which has always been my favorite map program. I do like this a lot especially with the server working properly.

The only negative thing I can say about it is that it eats up a lot of CPU time if it's window is resized to fill the screen screen it takes up around 13-17% of my processor even if I drop the window down which basically means it maxes out one of my 6 cores. I would recommend looking into this for future versions.

As far as features I'd like to see... the one thing that every mapping program for UO I have seen is missing is the ability to add in custom maps beyond the default 6. Many of us here use Ultima Live for our servers and not being able to use a mapping program to see the extra maps is kind of a let down for players. I think all it would need to be able to do this is have the ability to be pointed to custom map.mul, Stadx.mul, and a Statics.mul or a custom mapxLegacyMUL.uop and generate maps from them and associate them with a facet name. I think it's up to 128 facets available with Ultima Live.

All in all great job with this! I look forward to future releases.

Also I'd just like to note that this does not have a virus. I would imagine it is just a false positive because the antivirus doesn't know the program.

#8 Visam, Aug 27, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  9. KaRaShO'

KaRaShO' Member

Hi, thanks for feedback!
    - About "high cpu": its normal, EM draws map.png every 50ms, others applications use less cpu because its refresh map greater of 50ms (carthographer 250/300ms, uoam 1s).
    EM has agood compromise between speed and cpu usage.

- About "others facets": im very interesting... If you want to explain how works ultimalive i can try to add a plugin for others facets.

- About "false positive virus": absolutely not. Code is obfuscated with a new method. Now mains antivirus dont detect EM as virus :)

10. Visam

Visam Member

I would say either @Praxiiz or @gametec would be the best people to talk to about it as I just use it. Praxiiz created it.

This page for it gives most of the info for Ultima Live.
    https://www.servuo.com/threads/ultimalive.4968/

For a map program such as EM the map files could be placed in the client directory for each map ie: map.mul, Stadx.mul, and a Statics.mul, or a custom mapxLegacyMUL.uop file (Ultima live doesn't use the Map diff files). EM could have some sort of input for the location/names of the files, then use them to create it's maps for the extra facets. It would also need to have a way to configure/get the new maps facet name. That is just my theorizing... as I said am mostly just a user of the system.

#10 Visam, Aug 27, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. darklotus

darklotus Member

obfuscated code for an over 15 year old game? no thanks.
    What possible reason could you have to obfuscate your code that isnt malicious?

12. KaRaShO'

KaRaShO' Member

Hi, i didn't spend time to make guides, patches, optimizations, hours of testing with a virtualmachine with debian to test server's stability, hours of learnings how work async sockets and how draw fast an image to make a virus.

If you have this idea about obfuscated/private code, you dont use applications as uosteam or easyuo (times ago) or generaly an application only why owners doesnt release code?
    I accept your idea, but i dont agree with it :)
    People can do a simple copy and paste of code. No thanks.

13. KaRaShO'

KaRaShO' Member

KaRaShO' updated EnhancedMap with a new update entry:

New Update Available!!!

Read the rest of this update entry...

14. john burns

john burns Member

Not to disrespect anyone, but this is safe to use?

15. KaRaShO'

KaRaShO' Member

16. john burns

john burns Member

This does not need a map central server like UOAM, but rather just run this from your own pc?

17. KaRaShO'

KaRaShO' Member

You can run EMap without use network interface (offline).
    If you want to play with your friends and see them into map, you need to go to Folder where you had saved EM, open Server's folder, Run EnhancedMapServer.exe (or if you use linux/mac EnhancedMapServer.MONO.exe -> need to install mono), write /help and read all commands to create account! Remember: Server works with Rooms (main room is called General, if you want you can add a room or make all account assigned to General room. Ex:
    /adduser (press enter)
    Username: (write an username)
    Passowrd: (write a pass)
    Room: (an existing room that you created or General)
    RoomAdmin: y/n (yes or not)
    if you pressed "n" server ask to you "ServerAdmin": and you press y/n if you want that this users have same privileges of you and use RemoteControl from map without write physically into server console.

ai.imgur.com_cjgpNGY.png

ps remember to open port (default EMserver is 8887, but you can change it) and give to other friends you public ip (https://www.whatismyip.com/).

You you want help, contact me :)

#17 KaRaShO', Sep 11, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
  18. john burns

john burns Member

Ok, I found the updater for this, but where is the server exe?

19. KaRaShO'

KaRaShO' Member

Run updater (check if updater version is 1.0.0.5, there was a little bug in 1.0.0.4 ), download and exit. Into the folder where you are running updater, you have all files

20. KaRaShO'

KaRaShO' Member

• Winner Winner x 1