StaticZ submitted a new resource:

Essence UCS - Expand limitation of client, add new featureas that can be required for custom shards.

adev.uoquint.ru_images_overview_logo_essenceucs.png

Essence UCS (Ultima Classic Client Shell)

Target audience: Administration and developers of Ultima Online custom RP shards. Pay attention to the word "RP" - this software is developing for specific purposes of custom RP shards, so using it on OSI style or PVP shards will cause more harm then advantage. Pay attention to the words "Administration and developers" - this software not, that...

Read more about this resource...

As I wrote in description it's free of charge, but not public. So it was little be strange if in same time there where any public links )))

As for site it's working rather for a long time, if you had any problems they are ither related with your browser ither with your DNS servers. Also you can try yo use accounts from other services like google, twitter, facebook and others to login. In other case for things related with UCS you can also contact with me by email or xmpp (aka jabber, gtalk and so on)... Also if you wish I can create account for you.....

And one more - UCS dont support any other tools like Inject, Razor, UOPilot and so on. Maybe in future I will add support for smth except Inject, but I don't promisse as its seems hard to do and cause many secure problems...

WOW!
Is there somewhere you have written more information on this?!? I would love to read more details, as I think I understand what this is all about, but not absolutely sure. If it is what I think, I AM IN!

*Edit;

I also can not get your web page to load @ http://rghost.ru/

It tells me the connection is taking too long to load or may be reset..

The connection has timed out

The server at rghost.ru is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Both Explorer 9, and Firefox browsers.

rghost isn't my web page its file sharing servis like depositfiles.com I just upload there screenshots )

However, the links to the screenshots also return that error. Odd that the images you posted are showing fine though.

there are big screens 2560x1440 in png format, they are several MB thats why i uploaded them there )) Thats why i think your browser don't get them befor timeout.

I've been in long anticipation to find out completely what the Essence project would entail. I had the wrong idea from the start apparently but this is better then I'd of hoped for. I look forward to thoroughly trying out your product and I'm excited to see its result.

Project updated to version 0.6.02, changelog:
Error #214: Multiply license key in file
Error #216: Bellow zero values in gumpinfo.ecd
Error #217: Self restarting after closing client while loading
Error #219: UCS override muls files without special rights
Error #220: parsing resolution from key $useWinFrame
Error #221: Wrong window size
Error #222: Damaged window caption in window-border mod
Improvment #210: Speedup license verification
Improvment #211: Startup client without shell window
Improvment #212: Improve *.emp data encryption
Improvment #215: Taking screenshots
Improvment #218: Hiding CMD window
Improvment #223: Add option to close previous instance
Improvment #224: Add ability to override using client version in config

I like this project, I would like to get involved (not in active developing, but in it's use), so this is an official submission.

The shard that I actually administer is to be located here: www.uoitalia.net

It's an italian only shard, over 12 year alive, we started from sphere 0.51a at the time :)

If you're still here just tell me what I have to do :)

Version 0.6.03 released, changelog:
Code:
Error#237: Wrong default map sizes for map0
Error#240: Not working other version except PCX7180
Improvment #238: Problems with statics on minimap for custom maps
Improvment #241: Change scene draw range

Changing draw range in action, here are 3 screens for UO game window 1600x1200. First is with decreased draw range, second is with default draw range and 3rd is with increased draw range:

auoquint.ru___fr_8_1858377.jpg
auoquint.ru___fr_8_9092634.jpg
auoquint.ru___fr_8_4890278.jpg

PS Contact with me is more better by email or by PM on forum of projects CentrEd+\UDK\UCS (board.uoquint.ru), I check them much more often and regular then serve.com\runuo.com.

Last edited:
I have to say, the graphics do seem to be really good!

So, how playable is the client at the moment? I would be interested in testing it out when its ready :)

It's depends on what you call "ready". And it's not client, this is shell, so it's working, sure some features can become reason of bugs (especialy for clients that I don't use, so don't have any information about problems with them), but as most of them are configurates via configs, most of them can be disabled (except some hardcoded, like using emp packs, thow even this can be disabled in developer mod). So with disabled all options this client is playable not more or less then original one. UCS concept is make client as much customisable as possible, and its configuration becomes with each version more complex task as number of options increased. UCS is focused on shard admins and developers, it not like razor, where you need just to run it and select client, here you first need to rebuild your client, configure and only after all if all is done correct it can be lunched... On practice at first time it can take up to several days just to make it work, as you will need to sort hundred files from your client to make them ready for converting to *.emp. After this you get distro which is rather friendly to yours players.

As for ready state, it never will be ready, as allways is smth that can be added or need to be fixed... And one more - razor and all other tools wont be work with UCS.

Last edited:
As someone who is currently testing/using the alpha release, its completely amazing. It is 100% geared for RP shards, and it shows.

Domonstration for few features - experimental drawing range change, adding new resolutions and customizable 2x upscaler. My english is far from perfect so comments are in in subtitles, so don't forget to enable them.

PS Sorry for bad quality, originaly video has dimension 2560x1440 and I had to downscale it to 1920x1080 to be able to upload it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hi,

I will take a look, sounds very interresting, but I got many systems that need UltimaLive... What about UltimaLive compatibility ?

Officialy any other third party tools not supported, thow it doesnt mean that they can't run. But it means that even if they will work no guarantees that it will continue work in future releases. On other hand i will add smth like this in future, thow it's concept will be differ...

Great work Staticz. One step closer to the Ultima Online of my dreams!
This shows excellent promise and I can not thank you enough for sharing this with all of us!
You have my up most respect and admiration.

Version 0.6.05 available!! New features overiew will be little later in video. In new version was improved code injection, it now becomes much more stable and in 95-99% runs with first attempt. In theory this possibly can also solve problems with win8. It will be greate if someone will check this.
Core features review:
[media]
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Technicaly it's most difficult hack. About 10 hooks, 20-30 assembler injections, about 40 code patches and 50 code offsets for all this (other are founding dinamicly)

I'd love to put my hands on the source hhahahah...I know it is not open :p
Thats awesome what you did to the paperdoll and the ease to customize

And i'm trying to increase the game fps hahah
Anyway, great work man!

Version 0.7.91 available!! There are no any new client hacks, thats why at this time no any video preview. But this don't mean that there are no much changes. Most of change focused on improving ucs logic itself and security issues. Also since this version all updates are destributing in special packages that can be installed by "UCS DevKit Managaer" (this will make installing and updating more easy):

apix.academ.org_img_2015_07_16_9e8bf86899c26586dd7f5bd5a5e78dc0.png

Now UCS ready for self updating, full working patching will be implemeted in next version...

Little more good news - version 0.8.96 released!

Changelog:
  • new chrome window style for UCS with switching beetween normal window border and minimalism
  • fixed deployment bug that cause error without depricated xessence.bin file
  • ability to disable warning "You must have three\four unique skills chosen!" at proffesion selection scene while character creation
  • ability to remove advanced button from selecting profession while character creation
  • ability to customise hair\beard styles for character selection scene
  • add "Character Creation" scene for gumpapi hack
  • add support for new controls for gumpapi (listbox, picture, colorbox, palette)
  • add logging for undefined controls in known scenes, so now creating UI hacks become much easy
  • fixed many errors in gumpapi that cause sometimes crashing client while loading or incorect work of gumpapi (for example in some cases setting unchanging values don't work)
  • now ucs avoid from patching client with unused code for gumapi, fixed disabling gumpapi scenes
  • improved and fixed documentation for gumpapi
  • editing allowed letters in character name (for example it required for supporting non english names)
  • add RP character name validation while creating character (allowing only capital letters only at rhe bigining of words)
  • Switched to Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5
Please take attention for installing new patching you have to update UCS DevKit Manager up to version 1.1 as old one contain several errors that cause incorect work of patcher.

Here some screenshots from our shard as demonstration of abilities for customising character selection screen:
auoquint.ru__fr_8_7638100.png
auoquint.ru__fr_8_s4163885.jpg
auoquint.ru__fr_8_6557837.png

PS Special thanks Valorian for equpment gumps, some of them you can see on thees screens

Last edited:
Wow very impressive, I will have to look into this a little further when I get a free minute. Just had to say how impressed I was though. Good Job!

I'm trying to contact StaticZ in the last week, no success.. =[
Does anyone have a better way to contact him ? (I tried by Email and message box). If anyone have an account in his uoquint forum, please can call for him there? Or if someone have the Essence UCS and can share with me [email protected], I will be glad.

Ty!

Im alive )) Best way to contact with me is email or xmpp, simply I dont feel good last time and don't check anything. As for UCS its free of charge, but not freeware and cannot be simply share, besides it's the single thing I'm ask from users - don't distribute UCS devkit (thow sure you are free for distributing configured for your server UCS client for players)

StaticZ updated Essence UCS with a new update entry:

Version 0.09.0111 released

Version 0.09.0111 released!!

Meanwhile, Ultima Client Shell was updated. Here is the list of updates:
  •  Error #313: UO Intro video caused client crash;[/*]
  •  Error #314: Bad compatibility with Windows 8, 8.1, and Windows 10;[/*]
  •  Improvement #232: Added self-patching option and the client data patch feature;[/*]
  •  Improvement #233: Changing the contents of .emp files by client patch;[/*]
  •  Improvement #312: Added support to UTF with BOM...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I tried making an account with facebook/google/twitter and manually using an email address with IE Edge, Google Chrome and firefox, on two separate machines. I keep getting this response no matter what.

upload_2016-6-18_23-38-55.png

Back