dragon slayer2 submitted a new resource:

Flying Carpets - This was posted lomng ago at runuo and orb

Here is a release of flying carpets that I have fixed to work with servuo

credits as always goes to all that created this script

Here are the details:

- Zoom around on a magic carpet: up, down and all around.
- Set minimum and maximum altitude.
- Set whether flight drains mana (and how much).
- Set whether you can fly while invisible.
- Set whether you can fly while mounted.
- Set whether flying carpet has a "shadow" (a black-hued version drawn on ground to give visual indication of...

Read more about this resource...

I really love this script and there is another version of the carpet you posted. This version doesn't use goza mats... instead it uses carpet pieces as multis and does the same thing. This version of the flying carpet does allow for a larger space to walk around on the carpet while it's flying.

To install just add all three folders to your customs directory and start up your server. I did not script this and therefore take no credit for it.

Then [add FlyingCarpetMagicLamp

I have changed the name of this script so that it doesn't conflict with the one dragon slayer 2 posted; thereby you can have 2 different flying carpets on your server :)

Why didn't I add this as a new resource?

Too much wasted space on the forum boards.... this is a flying carpet and so I thought maybe it should be with the other version so people can see them both instead of searching.

Attachments

• FlyingCarpet.rar
    37.5 KB · Views: 75
Would I be a horribly evil person if I asked if it would be possible to make this work with the mouse steering system the new galleons use instead of a gump? XD

I can try that was something I wanted to do since I added the galleons script was update carpet to work like that.. I will work on that great idea..

I made the playermobile edits and it compiles just fine. I add the carpet, put it on the ground and 2x click it and it expands...not exactly sure what to do after that. Is there some command i'm missing or the like?

-Alch

When I click on the lamp my server crashes and restarts:

Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Server.Spells.SpellHelper.CheckTravel(Mobile caster, Map map, Point3D loc, TravelCheckType type)
at Solaris.Addons.MovableAddon.CanMoveTo(Point3D p, Map map)
at Server.Items.MovableAddonKey.FinishCreation(Mobile from, Point3D point)
at Server.Items.FlyingCarpetMagicLamp.FinishCreation(Mobile from, Point3D point)
at Server.Items.MovableAddonKey.PlaceMovableAddonTarget.OnTarget(Mobile from, Object targeted)
at Server.Targeting.Target.Invoke(Mobile from, Object targeted) in c:\Users\Ted Gress\Desktop\ServUO-master reboot\ServUO-master\ServUO-master\Server\Targeting\Target.cs:line 278
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.TargetResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc) in c:\Users\Ted Gress\Desktop\ServUO-master reboot\ServUO-master\ServUO-master\Server\Network\PacketHandlers.cs:line 1349
at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns) in c:\Users\Ted Gress\Desktop\ServUO-master reboot\ServUO-master\ServUO-master\Server\Network\MessagePump.cs:line 187
at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice() in c:\Users\Ted Gress\Desktop\ServUO-master reboot\ServUO-master\ServUO-master\Server\Network\MessagePump.cs:line 121
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args) in c:\Users\Ted Gress\Desktop\ServUO-master reboot\ServUO-master\ServUO-master\Server\Main.cs:line 588
[doublepost=1506956705][/doublepost]The other flying carpet script, is it possible to make it work in Malas?

I been trying to add flying carpet to my server questions is were do i put it?? i read it said in the customs folder is this the one in the saves folder if it is it doesnt load it for some reason i added it to an older version and it let me create it in game but crashed server when i clicked on it...and does any customs i add go in that folder or do i make a customs folder some were else...Youre help is appreciated im new and trying to learn from reading but i get stumped cause i dont know enough of the basics yet

The customs folder it is referring to is one that you would create in your scripts folder. Most people create one right away and put any scripts they add to their server in there to keep them separate and easy to find.

Hope this helps.

Errors:
+ Custom/Flying Carpet/FlyingCarpetGump.cs:
CS1061: Line 41: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_CarpetItem' and no accessible extension method 'm_CarpetItem' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 150: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 170: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 171: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 172: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 173: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 180: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 181: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 182: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 183: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 190: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 191: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 192: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 193: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 200: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 201: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 202: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 203: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 208: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 209: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 210: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 211: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 216: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 217: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 218: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 219: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 223: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 224: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 227: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 228: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 231: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 236: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 237: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 240: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 241: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 244: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 249: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 250: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 253: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 254: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 257: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 262: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 263: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 266: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 267: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 270: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 275: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 276: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 279: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 280: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 283: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 288: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 289: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 292: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 293: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 296: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 391: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 393: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 394: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
+ Custom/Flying Carpet/FlyingCarpet.cs:
CS1061: Line 135: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 137: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 138: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 158: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 160: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1061: Line 161: 'PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'm_Volotimer' and no accessible extension method 'm_Volotimer' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
Post automatically merged:

function is fantastic,thank :)

Last edited:

C#:
// somewhere just after the following lines in PlayerMobile.cs:
//
//public class PlayerMobile : Mobile, IHonorTarget
//{

// add the following lines to the top of your PlayerMobile.cs file:
#region Flying Carpet

public Item m_CarpetItem;
public Timer m_Volotimer;
#endregion

// AND right after the lines:
public override bool Move( Direction d )
{

// add the following:
#region Flying Carpet
if (HasGump( typeof( FlyingCarpetgump ) ))
{
if ( m_Volotimer != null )
{
m_Volotimer.Stop();
m_Volotimer = null;
CloseGump( typeof( FlyingCarpetgump ) );

if(InRange(m_CarpetItem,0))
SendGump(new FlyingCarpetgump( m_CarpetItem, this, 0 ) );
}
}

#endregion

To gametec:

I know this is a bit old. But it's pretty brilliant :cool:

Playing Ruins & Riches and never was a fan of the "Magic Carpet" boat thing or UO boats fer that matter.
Had to learn Teleport to get off the bloody thing!

Was a bit flummoxed at first, couldn't understand where the lamp was. Then I double-clicked the bloody bastard carpet and we wer off!
Killin' some pirates with me' bow!
:thumbsup

Seriously, dude.
Thank you :)

There might be a possible mistake (though I haven't coded in 30+ years):
Shouldn't "m_AllowMountedFlyers" and "m_HasShadow" be in Serialize and DeSerialize?

For some reason those properties would reset to false whenever I restarted the server even though they clearly are true in the Constructable.
I created the carpet through the GM account so maybe that has some sort of bearing..

Last edited:
welp seems this is missing something.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ServUO - [ServUO - Ultima Online Emulation] Version 0.5, Build 6437.20990
Publish 54
Core: Optimizing for 4 64-bit processors
RandomImpl: CSPRandom (Software)

Errors:
+ Mobiles/PlayerMobile.cs:
CS0246: Line 1867: The type or namespace name 'FlyingCarpetGump' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS0246: Line 1873: The type or namespace name 'FlyingCarpetGump' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS0246: Line 1876: The type or namespace name 'FlyingCarpetGump' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Attachments

• PlayerMobile.cs
    158 KB · Views: 0
Back