Jokue's staff runbook

Greystar

Citizen
It seems the staff runebook is causing MULTIPLE third backups I mean every time it makes a new one it doesn't delete the old one and it's causing my HD to get filled up. I am trying to tweak it to actually close the Rune Account.xml fire properly. For some reason it is not and it is making this happen.2018-10-18 13_48_17-Create Thread _ ServUO - Ultima Online Emulation.jpg

Greystar

Citizen
The one I'm using is from last month so if there was something newer then no. Okay just checked the repo and there is no updates in that part of the code in almost a year.

*edit* on a semi-related note. I had to restart my computer in order to free up the files/folders to make them delete-able. So there's got to be something that is not actually closing/releasing the files as unused.

*edit 2* and no the server was not running when I tried to delete them in the first place.

Dan(Tasanar)

Administrator
ServUO Developer
It gets updated weekly but no edits to that particular script.

Do you actively use the runebook?

Greystar

Citizen
yes I do, but I haven't added or removed any enteries.
[doublepost=1539893282][/doublepost]I'll eventually get around to checking differences between my files and the current distro to see what i need to update (with WinMerge) so my changes don't get removed, but I'm sure it's not going to fix this problem.

Greystar

Citizen
it's the save file that it makes that's why. I can not delete that file without restarting my pc so something is not properly closing that file as complete which is making it so ServUO can not delete the additional backup folders. I have done NOTHING with that section of code and has not changed at all from the distro package. I haven't even added new runes to it or anything.
[doublepost=1539961906][/doublepost]Okay i don't know why this was moved because it IS a bug, not a discussion.

Dexter_Lexia

Administrator
ServUO Developer
I did, because it’s a custom script. I’ve never heard of, or had this issue. It would probably be viewed by more people if it weren’t in the bugs section. I’ll love to script support, that would be more appropriate.

Dexter_Lexia

Administrator
ServUO Developer
It is custom, just was never removed. Look at XmlSpawner, that’s considered custom even though it’s in the repo. XmlSpawner has its own support forum below.

Dexter_Lexia

Administrator
ServUO Developer
Now back to my original question. Is the staff einwbokk save file the only thing in those save folders?

Dexter_Lexia

Administrator
ServUO Developer
yes I do, but I haven't added or removed any enteries.
[doublepost=1539893282][/doublepost]I'll eventually get around to checking differences between my files and the current distro to see what i need to update (with WinMerge) so my changes don't get removed, but I'm sure it's not going to fix this problem.
This right here is another reason why the post was moved. I’d suggest you go over your own changes before assuming it’s a ServUO bug. That’s the whole point of the script suppor forum.

Greystar

Citizen
If you include it in the distro it should be supported with the distro. I have not changed that code AT ALL so it's not a bug that I could have possibly caused. So I suggest it be removed if it's not being supported. Now I see how the support is going to be on something included with the distro files and I'll just try to fix the bugs myself then.
[doublepost=1539978784][/doublepost]
Now back to my original question. Is the staff einwbokk save file the only thing in those save folders?

Yes that was the ONLY file in that folder and without rebooting my computer it was not being "freed" to be deleted.

Dexter_Lexia

Administrator
ServUO Developer
@Vorspire, do you think this could be related to the changes you made to the console commands and saving a couple weeks ago? This may be over my head.

Vorspire

Vita-Nex: Core
Administrator
ServUO Developer
Nope. PEBCAK?

Make sure the server exe has fully closed in Task Manager.