It seems the staff runebook is causing MULTIPLE third backups I mean every time it makes a new one it doesn't delete the old one and it's causing my HD to get filled up. I am trying to tweak it to actually close the Rune Account.xml fire properly. For some reason it is not and it is making this happen.2018-10-18 13_48_17-Create Thread _ ServUO - Ultima Online Emulation.jpg

The one I'm using is from last month so if there was something newer then no. Okay just checked the repo and there is no updates in that part of the code in almost a year.

*edit* on a semi-related note. I had to restart my computer in order to free up the files/folders to make them delete-able. So there's got to be something that is not actually closing/releasing the files as unused.

*edit 2* and no the server was not running when I tried to delete them in the first place.

yes I do, but I haven't added or removed any enteries.
[doublepost=1539893282][/doublepost]I'll eventually get around to checking differences between my files and the current distro to see what i need to update (with WinMerge) so my changes don't get removed, but I'm sure it's not going to fix this problem.

it's the save file that it makes that's why. I can not delete that file without restarting my pc so something is not properly closing that file as complete which is making it so ServUO can not delete the additional backup folders. I have done NOTHING with that section of code and has not changed at all from the distro package. I haven't even added new runes to it or anything.
[doublepost=1539961906][/doublepost]Okay i don't know why this was moved because it IS a bug, not a discussion.

I did, because it’s a custom script. I’ve never heard of, or had this issue. It would probably be viewed by more people if it weren’t in the bugs section. I’ll love to script support, that would be more appropriate.

It is custom, just was never removed. Look at XmlSpawner, that’s considered custom even though it’s in the repo. XmlSpawner has its own support forum below.

yes I do, but I haven't added or removed any enteries.
[doublepost=1539893282][/doublepost]I'll eventually get around to checking differences between my files and the current distro to see what i need to update (with WinMerge) so my changes don't get removed, but I'm sure it's not going to fix this problem.
This right here is another reason why the post was moved. I’d suggest you go over your own changes before assuming it’s a ServUO bug. That’s the whole point of the script suppor forum.

If you include it in the distro it should be supported with the distro. I have not changed that code AT ALL so it's not a bug that I could have possibly caused. So I suggest it be removed if it's not being supported. Now I see how the support is going to be on something included with the distro files and I'll just try to fix the bugs myself then.
[doublepost=1539978784][/doublepost]
Now back to my original question. Is the staff einwbokk save file the only thing in those save folders?

Yes that was the ONLY file in that folder and without rebooting my computer it was not being "freed" to be deleted.

It is fully closed and it definitely is NOT my issue. I remember when you were a newb Voxpire so don't give me that shit.
[doublepost=1540444959][/doublepost]Milva, not not a Drama Queen, Really annoyed that Voxpire has the gall to call it user error when I've done absolutely nothing with that system until now and it seems that my Fix has fixed it as I have not once had the issue since i made the change. Since you all have been incredibly unhelpful with this issue, I'll let you figure out the problem (and fix) on your own.

Also the file sometimes does not properly close, especially if the server unexpectedly shuts down (for example, power goes out, random crash, etc). If the file does not properly close windows still thinks it's in use until the computer is rebooted.

We have recently been going through the repo and removing certain customs anyways. This was one of them and is no longer included with ServUO.

That being said it is drag and drop so any shard owners who want to keep it in there may obviously do so. I'd just recommend moving it to your Customs folder.

It is fully closed and it definitely is NOT my issue. I remember when you were a newb Voxpire so don't give me that shit.
[doublepost=1540444959][/doublepost]Milva, not not a Drama Queen, Really annoyed that Voxpire has the gall to call it user error when I've done absolutely nothing with that system until now and it seems that my Fix has fixed it as I have not once had the issue since i made the change. Since you all have been incredibly unhelpful with this issue, I'll let you figure out the problem (and fix) on your own.

Also the file sometimes does not properly close, especially if the server unexpectedly shuts down (for example, power goes out, random crash, etc). If the file does not properly close windows still thinks it's in use until the computer is rebooted.

Guess what... I'm really annoyed that you have the gall to ask for support and treat my admins/staff the way you do, demanding that an obvious piece of custom software be supported just because it exists.

The technical support issue isn't the problem, your attitude is the problem and it isn't welcome. No one is going to help you when you're taking that disposition.

Don't even try that holier-than-thou attitude with me, where will it get you?
It's not my problem if you can't take a joke...

If you remember me as a newb, that means you at some point knew more than me, so why didn't you bother to learn like I did?

I'm sorry I didn't add the drama queen emote :/ I don't even like it and have never used it . If I some how did add that I will remove it.

I've checked and can confirm that the StaffRunebook Persistence implementation is flawed.

I've checked and can confirm that the StaffRunebook Persistence implementation is flawed.
Thank you, and I noticed it has now been removed from the Distro files as well as the Staff Toolbar that was custom code.

As to your Previous remark, I was frustrated with the "Joke" as I wasn't getting any responses previously that were even remotely helpful and it was an Item being Provided WITH the distro files meaning that the "developers" who are supporting the ServUO code SHOULD support that item too. As I mentioned since it's now been removed it's a moot point.

Also the reason I Stop bothering to look into RunUO/ServUO (and learn) is because I stopped running a shard and as such it's taking me a while to relearn the code as it stands now.

I felt that "Your" staff where being condescending and rude towards me (all except Tasanar who was trying to help with the issue). As such I responded in Kind. When one is trying to ask for help, joking in the help request will often result in a negative response, unless the poster is already joking as well. (something to keep in mind in the future).

Also @Tasanar, why did you go through and remove all references to XmlSockets, XmlPoints and XmlFactions (and whatnot related to XmlSpawner) when it was already set to be an optional item? I think those changes should be reverted and just note to all downloaders that these systems are a custom part of XmlSpawner and will not be directly supported.

A lot of those XML additions come with their own install files. I will add them to the ServUO forums as a seperate download but we don't want to maintain code that does not pertain directly to UO.

That optional code puts strain, overall, on the shards with checks that are not needed.

A lot of those XML additions come with their own install files. I will add them to the ServUO forums as a seperate download but we don't want to maintain code that does not pertain directly to UO.

That optional code puts strain, overall, on the shards with checks that are not needed.

Okay that's fine, they just don't currently exist anywhere other than old archives that someone may have saved somewhere and they may be many people (other than me) using one or all of them. Including them in the XmlSpawner subforum will at the very least provide people with somewhere to find them and ask for support if they start to have issues.

This is tru after this whole clean up, my shard save time went from 8secs to 3- secs.

Back