Ok I'm using MySQL ODBC Connector version 5.1.13 and MySQL 15.1 on Debian 9. I know you have your myrunuo scripts in the right area, otherwise you wouldn't have seen the connection attempt. The only thing I can think of is a MySQL or connector version issue or maybe check your configs.

I cheated and got a hosting service lol Im working on it now will see if that works better i went thru go daddy and got the sql stuff all done now im uploading all folders to it Hope this works easier lol Thank you again i very much appreciate it

lol i cant get this as far as i got the mysql on my machine Could i pay you to connect remotely to my server machine and install this so it will actually work I wasted 50 bucks for a domain and stuff today and it says it cant connect to thier mysql database at all I know theres a program i can install on server machine and you can log into it from your pc but i dont rem what it is but ill find it if youre interested in doing it

If it weren't so close to finals I'd help, but I wouldn't ask for money. I'm sure someone will read your post and take you up on that. There are some very good people here. I have just been popping in when I get a break to try to help. Can you post what errors you're getting? and are you on a Windows or Linux machine? If it is Linux there are some good tutorial sites on google for setting up the MySQL ODBC Connector.

We removed MyRunUO from the ServUO Repository a while back. It was a decision made by myself, Dexter, and Voxpire. The code was outdated and can have performance issues on large loads.

I don't have much experience with the windows setup for it. I'd imagine you'll need some sort of lamp package like xaamp, but I'll leave the Windows machine folks help you there so I don't steer you wrong. Sorry I couldn't help you more than that but I don't want to lead you wrong when I use Debian.

Correct, or anything moving forward. We update the code on a daily basis for the most part. Always plugging in bug fixes. I wouldn't just stop at release 55.1.

I was wrong Daniel. Now they have a nice MySQL installer for windows that only takes 3 minutes to install. It is here.. https://www.mysql.com/why-mysql/windows/ I have this system by the OP working great on Debian, but I imagine with that MySQL installer it would be much easier for Windows. I hope you get it working. Don't give up :D

ok i had to redo mine on machine it wouldnt work on go daddy they wouldnt let me include the driver that config file says i needed so i reinstalled everything anf got this it is connected so i dunno if its cause i dont have rest of it done or not

MyRunUO: Updating character database
MyRunUO: Exception caught in database thread
System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException (0x80131937): ERROR [HY000] [MySQL][ODBC 5.3(w) Driver][mysqld-8.0.16]The used command is not allowed with this MySQL version
at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.HandleError(OdbcHandle hrHandle, RetCode retcode)
at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand.ExecuteReaderObject(CommandBehavior behavior, String method, Boolean needReader, Object[] methodArguments, SQL_API odbcApiMethod)
at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand.ExecuteReaderObject(CommandBehavior behavior, String method, Boolean needReader)
at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at Server.Engines.MyRunUO.DatabaseCommandQueue.Thread_Start() in c:\Users\dedicated\Desktop\ServUO-master\Scripts\Services\MyRunUO\DatabaseCommandQueue.cs:line 224
MyRunUO: Database statements compiled in 0.44 seconds
MyRunUO: Characeter database updated in 0.2 seconds
MyRunUO: Updating status database
MyRunUO: Status database updated in 0.0 seconds

My question is now to host the site that is in the disto folder what else do i need on my machine to do it Do i need PHP or what to load the files in the www folder upto or do i still need a hosting site

Any help would be greatly appreciated i have got it this far like to finish it lol Im stubborn that way I hate to be beat lol

Why wouldn't the allow your driver? You're not on shared hosting are you? You're on a VPS or Dedicated machine, right?

I dont know they just said they would not allow me to change the driver I think that was a shared machine Mine is a dedicated one that i have the server on
Post automatically merged:

I just dont understand were to put the www folder that has all the site files in it at...the mysql database is connected and updating just has that one error that says that driver isnt allowed with thet version of MYSQL but its working says its updated character and status dats base in 0.0 seconds

Oh ok, yeah you can't run servuo on a shared machine. Just a vps or dedicated hosting. I know on your original setup you had all your folders good to go, there's a problem with your mysql or odbc connector since that's what the error says. Your myrunuo is fine because it is trying to connect. Did you set up the config in the MyRunuo folder with your database info?

yes its all connected now I just dont know what to do with the rest of the folder that has the files in it for the site The www folder thats in the disto folder that i downloaded My machine isnt a shared one its dedicated The one at go daddy was a shared one for the website hosting Do i still need a website hosting service to do it

oh ok.. if it is Linux your website files will go in /var/www/html depending on the distro. If Windows, I'm not sure where those go because I never use IIS.

so i need ISS to do it on a windows machine

or does that www folder in the disto go in my server folder somewere

IIS i meant

That would be one for the Windows guys here, there is xaamp if you want to use Apache, but I'm not too sure how well it works. Sounds like you're making good progress though. Like I said, I don't want to mess you up, so hopefully an IIS guy will make a post. I bet you'll get it soon :)

lol i hope so I hate to be beat yea my database is connected I just dont know how to fix it so i can have the site work on my windows machine I thought there might be a place in my servo folder that the contents of the www folder in disto goes into lol Thank you again doc maybe someone will see it and poke me in the right direction hats off to you man for youre help You have helped me a lot i wouldnt have gotten this far Thanks again

Np. You can probably find a tutorial on serving web pages from windows. Sorry I couldn't get you all the way!

Thats ok I just found a web folder in my servuo master and its got all the files in it i just got to figure out how to use them lol
Thats ok you helped a lot Ill search some more Thanks again have a great day and good luck on the exams

i got it this far lol Anyone got any ideas how to fix this part of it Im stumped This is the page when it pulls up i just selected all and copyed so erros would show up

#​
Time​
Memory​
Function​
Location​
Call Stack​
( ! ) Error: Call to undefined function mysql_errno() in C:\wamp64\www\config.php on line 110
( ! ) Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_errno() in C:\wamp64\www\config.php on line 110
1​
0.0002​
398752​
{main}( )...\index.php:0
2​
0.0003​
404600​
sql_connect( )...\index.php:65

Last edited:
one last thing I got it working and it shows how many is online but my home page guilds and other tabs when i click on them says database access error
heres a pic of it at this point man iam so close to getting it nailed down any help with this would be greatly appreciated i have worked on this 30 hours straight lol

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 22
Does your database user have granted all priveleges? I had a similar issue and that was my problem. If you don't know MySQL commands very much, look at installing phpmyadmin and use the priveleges tab on that database if you need an easy way to manage databases.

yes all 3 user accounts does My problem is now I can see the site from the machine its on but not another computer Im using WAMP does anyone know how to set it up to view from Wan instead of on the server machine its on or is there another program to use besides wamp

this is what its doing now lol i dunno what i have done but its responding from a outside pc now but it brings up the index of site lol

http://southeastohio.from-oh.com/

i got it narrowed down to this anyone Have any idea how to finish this fix

System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException (0x80131937): ERROR [HY000] [MySQL][ODBC 5.3(w) Driver][mysqld-5.7.21]The MySQL server is running with the --secure-file-priv option so it cannot execute this statement
at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.HandleError(OdbcHandle hrHandle, RetCode retcode)
at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand.ExecuteReaderObject(CommandBehavior behavior, String method, Boolean needReader, Object[] methodArguments, SQL_API odbcApiMethod)
at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand.ExecuteReaderObject(CommandBehavior behavior, String method, Boolean needReader)
at Server.Engines.MyRunUO.DatabaseCommandQueue.Thread_Start() in c:\Users\dedicated\Desktop\ServUO-master\Scripts\Customs\MyRunUO\DatabaseCommandQueue.cs:line 224
MyRunUO: Database statements compiled in 0.42 seconds
System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException (0x80131937): ERROR [HY000] [MySQL][ODBC 5.3(w) Driver][mysqld-5.7.21]The MySQL server is running with the --secure-file-priv option so it cannot execute this statement
at Server.Engines.MyRunUO.DatabaseCommandQueue.Thread_Start() in c:\Users\dedicated\Desktop\ServUO-master\Scripts\Customs\MyRunUO\DatabaseCommandQueue.cs:line 224
MyRunUO: Database statements compiled in 0.44 seconds

yesi think i do doc but im using wamp now and that sthe only error i got is that one so im not sure were to go in wamp to edit the file

yea im so close it isnt funny but also in wamp i have to use the ip address of the server and not the domain name but im sure that a setting in my config file in server If i can get this error to go away with the privledge think ill worry about that one

http://209.222.7.206:8081/

check it out

I did find this in my ini file but not sure what to do with it

;To avoid warning messages
secure_file_priv="c:/wamp64/tmp"
skip-ssl

explicit_defaults_for_timestamp=true

also Doc do you have any idea what this line in server screen means Its when server first loads up

[Web Sockets]: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Do you have your web directory folder permissions right?

Doc which folder would i need to set permissions to

also any idea why it wont do nothing but this on home page when you click home this is all it shows for characters just were something should be but isnt lol

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    880.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I'll install wamp on my Windows machine and see if I get the same thing and see if I can figure it out. I just got my term papers done so I have a little time. I know how frustrating it is when you've put that much time in and get so close.

you dont have to go thru all that doc its a lot to do i tryed a bunch of that stuff on the site you linked but it still does same thing I apprecaite you helping us Im so close i can smell it lol I just dont get why when you hit the players page or the home page it shows the little Icon and nothing else Its beyond my scope lol

Try this, in the bottom right corner where your winamp controls are, stop all services, go up to MySQL, then select "my.ini". There will be a line that says secure_file_priv="c:\wamp64\tmp". Change that to secure_file_priv="" and restart all services. See if that fixes you.

Make sure you restart ServUO :)

ok changed it to
;secure_file_priv="" c:/wamp64/tmp"

but i did that already didnt do anything on mine

same thing

Did you restart all the wamp services and servuo? I was getting the same exact errors until I did that. I am using the exact same connector and everything.

Oh wait you didn't remove the ; comment ? you want it uncommented so remove the colon.

This is what you want that line to say...

secure_file_priv=""

Then restart winamp services

yes i completely shut down both and restarted them let me try it again
should it look like this ;;secure_file_priv="" c:/wamp64/tmp" or ;secure_file_priv="" c:/wamp64/tmp" or without them secure_file_priv="" c:/wamp64/tmp"

remove the colon ;

this...

secure_file_priv=""

Make sure to restart wamp services and restart servuo as well

Back