Very nice work adam. :) I think I really should hire you and owenuo for my project and rex aswell ;-) you do so good with the stuff and i love how you implemented my old graphics. (Trees and stuff i did years ago for Arx Obscura).
I would love to chat with you and give you a tour round Aeternum. Maybe we can also learn from each other. Seems you also know some tricks I don't know.

Cheers

Very nice work adam. :) I think I really should hire you and owenuo for my project and rex aswell ;-) you do so good with the stuff and i love how you implemented my old graphics. (Trees and stuff i did years ago for Arx Obscura).
I would love to chat with you and give you a tour round Aeternum. Maybe we can also learn from each other. Seems you also know some tricks I don't know.

Cheers
Yeah I would love to. I've always admired and Drew inspiration from Arx Obscura's map. Even went and made transparent water throughout my whole entire old map (was quite a nightmare doing it alone)

a little short story of images of a dungeon i made a while back. would have liked to attach more images but am only allowed 10 :(

Attachments

• 1into the void.jpg
    1into the void.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 141
  • 2deeper into the void.jpg
    2deeper into the void.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 124
  • 3order balance and chaos stone in ethereal void.jpg
    3order balance and chaos stone in ethereal void.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 121
  • 5the guardian's massive throne.jpg
    5the guardian's massive throne.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 114
  • 6further and further we go.jpg
    6further and further we go.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 111
  • 8the dark gate calls to me.jpg
    8the dark gate calls to me.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 116
  • 9welcome home.jpg
    9welcome home.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 111
  • 10wonder who or what lives here.jpg
    10wonder who or what lives here.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 109
  • 11you see a shadowy figure.jpg
    11you see a shadowy figure.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 114
  • 12you are dead.jpg
    12you are dead.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 95
i used google search for clouds pictures.then find some and in photoshop or something likethat (i used photofilter 10) edit them. after add statics clouds. finally add them in to statics muls. give them transulent and transparant ( from tiledata settings). can better view if you edit patiently
[doublepost=1499385624][/doublepost]http://s3.dosya.tc/server12/v60kk8/clouds.rar.html these are clouds i made

add to statics then give them transparant and transculent settings from tiledata. you can change colours with hue while using centred. you can get a lot of different nice results

Last edited:
Are my eyes still not awake or did I see some good old Fallout crates? :D Everything looks good too :)

I really like the clouds :) Nice work there.

I bring to you a screenshot of Val Erintra, the capital of our central kingdom.
Centred+ 20% zoom to show at least 1/3 of the actual city. The water bug comes from the zoom of Centred... You wioll not see any tile borders in 100% zoom.

ValErintra1.jpg

Hope you like it :)

And another one... Rychhaven...A city in the style of an old city in the netherlands.

Rychhaven.jpg

And finally the oldest castle. Fully build in a early mediveal style. Dark and in the middle of a forest.

Grundelin.jpg

I really love to see a lot of my old graphics in the pics above. I really would hate it if this stuff was never used again. Fits well in the old school UO.
(Example are the trees, which I honestly did about 6 years ago or so...)

Last edited:
Valorian I'd love to use some of the graphical elements you've created! The rock formations among other things. Excellent work. And long live UO style art!

I really like the clouds :) Nice work there.

I bring to you a screenshot of Val Erintra, the capital of our central kingdom.
Centred+ 20% zoom to show at least 1/3 of the actual city. The water bug comes from the zoom of Centred... You wioll not see any tile borders in 100% zoom.

View attachment 9306

Hope you like it :)

And another one... Rychhaven...A city in the style of an old city in the netherlands.

View attachment 9307

And finally the oldest castle. Fully build in a early mediveal style. Dark and in the middle of a forest.

View attachment 9308

I really love to see a lot of my old graphics in the pics above. I really would hate it if this stuff was never used again. Fits well in the old school UO.
(Example are the trees, which I honestly did about 6 years ago or so...)

Just spectacular!

Hey everyone.

You might remember me as yugitashi over on the RunUO forums back whenever I started posting screenshots detailing my experience in not really knowing what the hell I'm doing when it comes to map customization. Even though I must have started way back in 2006.

That being said, I'm still going at it and while I accept the fact that this project has now lasted around three presidents with no end date in site, I matters well show off exactly what I've been up to.

https://www.facebook.com/brandon.ho...68296417390.1073741834.100001126996374&type=3

Sorry I'm unable to post attachments for some reason. Probably because this is my first ever post on this particular website and for the most part I'm basically using a second spare pc specifically for modifying UO.

........ and yes I am using a modified Brazilian Reborn client. I say modified since I had to fix up some missing mobile animations (IT AIN'T UO WITHOUT SHEEP) and I've even gone through the trouble of updating the equipment gumps and to even make things more insane, there will be art graphics to go along with them. Because at this point, I have no life to where I've succeeded beyond undead and transcended towards those of ancient liches.......... who also managed to get their own animation sprites.

Hi all,
Just a heads up that Outlands is going to start testing with my custom map which I've shared in this thread a few times. Here is a thread with a ton of screenshots of 3 of the dungeons we're tentatively opening this week.
http://forums.uooutlands.com/showthread.php?tid=148
Would be great to see you around the community! Here is a link to our Discord: http://discord.uooutlands.com And our forums: http://forums.uooutlands.com.
Best,
Owen

Nice Work.

Shows what time and patience can do.

I may pop in once its open just to check it out.

To give my "nod-of-approval"

Nice work Owen :D

Your work on classic UO is stunning. You really have the skills. I will be glad to welcome you to Aeternum aswell.
You showed that spending some time with even the "old" stuff can bring out a stunning new look of UO.
So this is the stuff I really love to see and the stuff I build all my things on.

These are all very nice I am glad to see there are people still building a prolific as we did when we started with pol shards and then runuo shards it does this old timer good to see as we built all the time and some of us still do Keep Up The Good Work All. Your Great!!!!

Greetings travelers and awesome world builders.

It's great to see the maps and the incredible details are added to the world. Very inspiring and cool how you guys building the epic worlds. My self I creating game content (game assets) to richer the maps for the world builders. In that regards made discord: https://discord.gg/AhYK2jx . Not only game assets you will find but other talented artists, programers and map builders.
Welcome to join the journey with other creators.

(Mostly you probably you know me form website https://nicegoodies.files.wordpress.com or the portal game assets.)

yours sincerely,
Kartman

Cheers
You did the Arx Obscura trees and stuff? I love all your work!

Reworking Underworld tile by tile also adding new images as needed. Broken floors ect... The classic map is a total mess. Converting it tile by tile has revealed what a total mess it truly is. I am trying to turn it into something beautiful. Underworld1.png Underworld2.png Underworld3.png

Starting to slowly get the hang with this map editor. Incoming loads of pics and they're all dungeons.

View attachment 10407#29 - Murkmere Dwelling 3 (Almhara Reborn) by zigholtul88, on Flickr
View attachment 10408#30 - Swampwater Solitude 2 (Almhara Reborn) by zigholtul88, on Flickr
View attachment 10409#31 - Kal-Berbessia 2 (Almhara Reborn) by zigholtul88, on Flickr
View attachment 10410#32 - Black Widow Pit (Almhara Reborn) by zigholtul88, on Flickr
View attachment 10411#33 - Mongbat Hideout Third Floor (Almhara Reborn) by zigholtul88, on Flickr
View attachment 10412#34 - Dragons Dens 2 (Almhara Reborn) by zigholtul88, on Flickr
View attachment 10413#35 - Azurite Caverns 2 (Almhara Reborn) by zigholtul88, on Flickr
View attachment 10414#36 - Azurite Caverns 3 (Almhara Reborn) by zigholtul88, on Flickr
View attachment 10415#37 - Vyguls Vault (Almhara Reborn) by zigholtul88, on Flickr
View attachment 10416#38 - Ghuul Sanctuary (Almhara Reborn) by zigholtul88, on Flickr
View attachment 10417#39 - Everstar Estuary 2 (Almhara Reborn) by zigholtul88, on Flickr
View attachment 10418#40 - Murkmere Dwelling 4 (Almhara Reborn) by zigholtul88, on Flickr

Reactions: abu
Some more pics. This time in game as a player character and showing off some gameplay features.

View attachment 11949#41 - Reading notes in Black Widow Pit by zigholtul88, on Flickr

View attachment 11950#42 - Island Closest to Tartarrix by zigholtul88, on Flickr

View attachment 11951#43 - Getting close to lava by zigholtul88, on Flickr

View attachment 11952#44 - Mongbat Hideout Updated Entrance by zigholtul88, on Flickr

View attachment 11953#45 - Wish I had gills by zigholtul88, on Flickr

View attachment 11954#46 - Updated Blacksmith Crafting List by zigholtul88, on Flickr

View attachment 11955#47 - Updated Carpentry Crafting List by zigholtul88, on Flickr

View attachment 11956#48 - Updated Tailoring Crafting List by zigholtul88, on Flickr

View attachment 11957#49 - Updated Fletching Crafting List by zigholtul88, on Flickr

View attachment 11958#50 - Freezing water by zigholtul88, on Flickr

View attachment 11959#51 - Reading notes in Bleak Wind Caverns by zigholtul88, on Flickr

View attachment 11960#52 - Updated Greater Heal Animations by zigholtul88, on Flickr

Very awesome thanks for sharing :) love looking at what others build and your paperdoll gump is great also

We have a showcase channel on the discord to share things in progress and get feedback!

I know I'm better about putting things there, although I should post totally finished things here every now and then.

This is just a Map I started messing with.
Not sure how much I will do with it, but we will see!

View attachment 12645

What image editing software are you using for this? Then what’s next? I could really use some assistance with the process for making maps.
I have a custom one that a friend and I made, I originally designed it back in 2003 in paint shop pro, and he converted it. When we recovered the files, Dian here adjusted it to a modern size, but I’d like to design a new map and I’m at a loss.

I use Photoshop and have a color scheme for for the map with correct landscapes. And i use Dragonmod11 to convert it to a map.

Back