ServUO Version
Publish 57
Ultima Expansion
Stygian Abyss
Hello everyone,

I use ServUO and am struggling to script a particular function. The catch is that I cannot modify any existing files on the server (since I act as a GM and not the server administrator). Hence, I can only create a new file and work on that.

What I need is to create a base in-game mobile, which can be set using a gump or the [props command to adjust its str/int/dex, skills, hit points, etc. In short, I want to adjust everything. But, the absolute hardest part I'm facing is setting its slayer vulnerability. I'd like to specify in-game whether a mobile is vulnerable to, say, Demon Slayer, Undead Slayer, Orc Slayer, and so on.

If there's a way to integrate any system—even if it's through a command—but keeping the modifications restricted to new files without touching existing ones, I'd be extremely grateful. I'm at my wit's end. Thanks to all!

Couldn't you create the monster file yourself and send it to the administrator for them to add it? It would be much easier.
If the administrator doesn't grant you access to the server files, I recommend using your own ServUO to create content, such as monsters or items, test them yourself, and then send them for inclusion.

Couldn't you create the monster file yourself and send it to the administrator for them to add it? It would be much easier.
If the administrator doesn't grant you access to the server files, I recommend using your own ServUO to create content, such as monsters or items, test them yourself, and then send them for inclusion.
I may have explained myself poorly. I have the ability to add files to the server, but not to modify existing ones. I can add as many files as I want, but I can't, for example, edit the slayergroup.cs.

How come you cant edit it? download notepad++ and open the file, you should be able to edit and save the file

Is anyone understanding what I mean? I'd like to know if there's a way to do this by adding a new file to the server without modifying the existing ones. Is there a way to add the "slayer" property to a mob without altering the existing files, but just by adding a new script, perhaps named "slayervulnerability.cs"?

Maybe this?
Look at zombie.cs

C#:
public override TribeType Tribe { get { return TribeType.Undead; } }

public override OppositionGroup OppositionGroup
        {
            get
            {
                return OppositionGroup.FeyAndUndead;
            }
        }
Not tested,im not sure about that.

Is anyone understanding what I mean?
I think we understand what you mean, but we just don't understand the normal things that occur with shard ownership so it is confusing to us how to give you advice when you provide a situation that we have literally never seen before and therefore we cannot "understand" that.

What was already pointed out: How do you have access to ADD files but not UPDATE them? It seems like a really strange management design.

If you upload files, they don't do anything until the server is restarted. So there is another point of great confusion.

If there is some sort of security issue, where you can only add files, well you can still mess up server by uploading a bad script. Again, our minds can't wrap around this relationship.

Well you can just define your own properties for like

C#:
[CommandProperty(AccessLevel.GameMaster)]
public SlayerName SlayerSuper { get; set; }

[CommandProperty(AccessLevel.GameMaster)]
public SlayerName Slayer { get; set; }

And then add the Slayer Damage inside your override of the Damage method

Back