Here is a question.

For the dungeons, is it better to place the spawners where and how many monsters there are, yourself?
Or is it better to let neruns or xml to do it for you?

Also, I have tried everything to get xml to load my spawners for my dungeons, but nothing is working.

And if it is better to do it yourself, who goes where? And how many?

The one tricky part of adding XML spawner is to do [props on it and set it to "Enabled". I think it might be disabled by default.

not working.

giving "that is not a valid command".
I am at owner level.

* * * * EDIT * * * *
Did not realize that capitals in the commands made a difference.
Now it is working.

If I wanted to, I could edit the spawners to increase or decrease or add monsters to that location?

Editing the spawners is quite easy. Double click on the spawner to bring up the gump. You sill see a list of names of what is being spawned. On the left of the name is up/down arrows. Use these to set the number to spawn. If you click Props you get into the main control panel and can set home range/spawn range, how far from spawner the spawn and roam - 0 on both makes them stand in one place (handy for quest NPC's). You can change the spawn time, what triggers it etc... Very nice system.

Along these same lines I have a question about the location xml files. I have added quite a few Quest NPC's, and some critters (mainly pirates). I name all my spawners so I can keep track of what was mine and what came with the XML spawner setup. But is there a command to bring up a list of spawners? Especially the ones I added?

Thanks! Quite a learning curve for a newbie :)

~Edit~
Oh, I am so glad I gave reasonable names to my spawners!

Last edited:
I know I solved this once before, but forgot to write it down, and need advice again.

I have tried:
[xmLoad Trammel
[xmLoad Trammel.xml
[xmlLoad trammel.xml

But everything is telling me "that is not a valid command".

I have the spawns folder with the necessary xml files.

I know I solved this once before, but forgot to write it down, and need advice again.

I have tried:
[xmLoad Trammel
[xmLoad Trammel.xml
[xmlLoad trammel.xml

But everything is telling me "that is not a valid command".

I have the spawns folder with the necessary xml files.

try this
[xmlload spawns/trammel.xml

this should work for you if you didnt change spawns xml default location in your servuo directory

thanks Kilra Yan.
Right command, but capitalization is important.
[xmlLoad Spawn/trammel.xml

But thanks for getting back to me so soon.

****EDIT****
Now I will admit that maybe I was too nitpicky with the capitalization issue, but if someone who is a complete noob on the subject and, maybe wouldn't think of it, I thought it would be a good idea to mention it.

No, I own lastest version of ServUO and I dont use this capitalization... still I am able to spawn from xml...
btw no problem, welcome to ServUO!

thanks Kilra Yan.
Right command, but capitalization is important.
[xmlLoad Spawn/trammel.xml

But thanks for getting back to me so soon.

****EDIT****
Now I will admit that maybe I was too nitpicky with the capitalization issue, but if someone who is a complete noob on the subject and, maybe wouldn't think of it, I thought it would be a good idea to mention it.

If you are using a linux system the case matters when you are refering to a file location. This is why often on the net (Since the majority of the net is powered by *Nix system) you will find that www.domain.com/Directory is different from www.domain.com/directory often resulting in 404 errors if you visit the incorrect cased url.

On windows this does not apply, it ignores case in all directories and filenames.

If you are using a linux system the case matters when you are refering to a file location. This is why often on the net (Since the majority of the net is powered by *Nix system) you will find that www.domain.com/Directory is different from www.domain.com/directory often resulting in 404 errors if you visit the incorrect cased url.

On windows this does not apply, it ignores case in all directories and filenames.

Switched over to windows so I could use Vita-Nex core. As I still need to learn more of linux to build correctly.
But yes, even in windows, caps did matter.

My next little pet project after trying to fix the misc bugs and such that I've encountered in ServUO is to try to fully update the OSIaccuratespawn.XML to OSI standards as closely as I can. It is a very good basis, but a few things need changed and/or added and I think it will be something everyone can appreciate when its done. I will definitely be sharing it to the community.

all I know is if I type [xmlload trammel it would not work.
but if I typed it as [xmlLoad trammel it did.

don't know why, but I had to do it that way. If you can recommend a fix, great, if not, great, either way, great.

[xmlload spawns/trammel.xml should work. If it doesn't maybe try typing the full filepath like [xmlload C:\ServUO\Spawns\trammel.xml

Of course you'll have to replace the C:\ServUO with wherever your actual ServUO folder is on your PC. I have mine in E:\ServUO.

If it were case sensitive, one would think it would be [XmlLoad because that is what is defined in the actual C# code for the command. So really [xmlLoad shouldn't be any different than [xmlload or [Xmlload or [XmLoAd. Perhaps you made a minor spelling or syntax error with your slash marks or something. Regardless, if [xmlLoad works for you and [xmlload doesn't, just go ahead and use what works :p. For a competent typist it's the difference of a couple milliseconds when typing it probably -- albeit a little annoying still.

Last edited:
I know this is a bit off topic for this thread I started, but what are the definitions for the different map rules?

I see in my mapregistry.cs file there is something call felucca rules, trammel rules, what is that?

I know this is a bit off topic for this thread I started, but what are the definitions for the different map rules?

I see in my mapregistry.cs file there is something call felucca rules, trammel rules, what is that?
Felucca rules = you can PK people and pvp and what not. Also more loot drops in felucca
Trammel rules = no unconsented pvp, less loot than felucca

Back