TheRisingPhoenyx submitted a new resource:

The Realms Of Faye Reborn(work in progress) - (a zelda inspired quest arch with custom deco and armor/weapons and pets)

i have been working on getting this how i want it for months and the goal is like the well known and beloved(or hated depending on person) underworld arch (the one with hade's ) to have the entire arch as addon with built in telporters and all so it is able to be placed where ever staff wishes and not require download of new maps every time we get an update. Please reply as to comments and if anyone is good at building dungeons and wishes to help i will post requirements for the arch in...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
Very good wow! Very impressive! I love seeing our community sharing this kind of custom content. I think it will help grow the UO community as a whole. I am sure there are more recent parallels, but one I am more familiar with is the DikuMUD modules that were shared back in the 90's. Many builders started sharing their self-contained content modules over BBSes and the early Internet, and many DikuMUDs were stood up with nothing more than a selection of these shared content modules. Players began to recognize the content they enjoyed the most (Smurf Village for example) and would seek out those MUDs that had the modules they liked.

I see this style of "Plop in anywhere" content as harkening back to that, and it's awesome!

more updates will follow as i get them in if anyone wants to chime in and help email me what you can help with, IE scripts or deco and i will send a template of what i am looking for with details on how to assemble all of it into a full quest arch please keep in mind once this is done those who help get credit for doing so and if they are shard owners they get to live test the quest for 7 days minimum with it not posted live for all until after it is tested via staff members and myself (as i am the quest creator and once its done even a staff member has the same base as a player as i am hard coding it into the quest settings to be based on health not of the player but the type of tunic they have all items from outside the quest will be bank boxed and all skills will be non usable in the quest as it has its own set built in) this is a tribute to BS-Zelda (the 16bit japan famicom broadcast satellite version) with a Ultima twist and all new dungeon area builds (i didnt want the dungeon areas to spell out ST. GIGA with a skull and arrow as the last two as in the original game)

That entire thing is an addon ?
Does loading an addon that large cause issues with lag or crashing?
Or do you have it split into multiple addons?

Sorry for all the questions, recently submitted my AddonEditor and have been wondering about the limitations and performance of the client loading big addons

I've got the Overworld almost completed about 92% rough estimation it currently sits at over 15,000 Statics however the size of the map versus the static count it is an average of one and a half Per tile once the Overworld is finished I will hammer out dungeons and then start working more on the scripts and I will publish the Overworld by itself as an add-on as a upcoming display prior to the event arc being completed

Enjoy here is the book you needed

Code:
namespace Server.Items
{
    public class IcePhoenyxGroto : RedBook
    {
        public static readonly string BookName = "Notes";
        public static readonly BookContent Content = new BookContent(
            "Ice Phoenyx Groto", "An Unknown Mage",
            new BookPageInfo(
                "   1 2 3 4 5 6 7",
                "a        B   H H",
                "b    X   X   X H",
                "c  X X X () X X @",
                "d  X   X X X   *",
                "e  A     X     A",
                "f        X      ",
                "g      X X X    "),
            new BookPageInfo(
                "e1 holds a tunnel to e7",
                "(Beware of the Guardian",
                "of the alter in the room",
                "north of there). a4 was",
                "a locked basement room.",
                "b6 held a hidden wall to",
                "the treasure room. c7",
                "holds the alter I presume"),
            new BookPageInfo(
                "where the artifact stolen",
                "from the queens rests.",
                "Awaiting the pervsion of",
                "the dark rituals once",
                "they have obtained all",
                "they need to proceed.",
                "May the goddess guide",
                "and shield you ....."));
        [Constructable]
        public IcePhoenyxGroto()
            : base(false)
        {
        }

public IcePhoenyxGroto(Serial serial)
            : base(serial)
        {
        }

public override BookContent DefaultContent
        {
            get
            {
                return Content;
            }
        }
        public override void AddNameProperty(ObjectPropertyList list)
        {
            list.Add(BookName);
        }

public override void OnSingleClick(Mobile from)
        {
            this.LabelTo(from, BookName);
        }

public override void Serialize(GenericWriter writer)
        {
            base.Serialize(writer);

writer.WriteEncodedInt((int)0); // version
        }

public override void Deserialize(GenericReader reader)
        {
            base.Deserialize(reader);

int version = reader.ReadEncodedInt();
        }
    }
}

this project was not back burnered per say I fried my pc and had life happen I am back though I now have a lot less time due to full time job but it is still alive and well

the ice temple.png
[doublepost=1488096098][/doublepost]I realized dungeons are great but I would like to get this working before uo turns 20 so I'm going with temples for now
[doublepost=1488159844][/doublepost]so my next ? is mini peerless style bosses for each of the nine temples with the layout like a mini champ (minus the gold shower ) to much and if not is making it a one and done for the set of items or a rare drop and as a start to finish a better route

Realize it's been awhile since I've posted an update in regards to the faye realms system yes I am still working on this life has thrown me a few curveballs my computer has been a pain and I just did the short math there will be large spaces in between each of the dungeons so as you don't have a view or range overlap between however add an average of 1 static per tile of the footprint size considering while yes there are vacant areas there are also areas that a 20 by 20 square has a 5-story building if I average it out for simple get keys into the tune of 185000 staticsRooms in the dungeons 9 by 9 tile there are 25 normal rooms per dungeon and 3 hidden there are nine dungeons the main island is 128 by 92 granite it's in the shape of an island so there's some of that static count that can be shaved off but again it's not as simple as one static per tile if I want to make it look right the two smaller islands are roughly 45 by 45 and have a 32 by 32 miniature City inside a moat there are two Castle overlays one for winter one for summer there are two 18 x 18 overlays in the form of towers 16 pieces of armor as things currently stand spread across the various slots the summer side of the armor is jewelry and clothing variety the winter side of the armor is your standard main slot worth of armor there are two weapon sets the one for winter is a bow that is completely customized and mate to the set quiver the summer side is the one-handed variety of the paladin sword with a mantled cloak am still ironing out some of the details in regards to the custom mobs I do not have an ETA at this time when I have more of it piece together the way I want it I will upload pictures I knew when I started this and was told that it couldn't be done and I was insane for trying that it was going to be a very long and arduous process but I am a glutton for punishment and a die-hard Zelda fan
Post automatically merged:

TheRisingPhoenyx updated The Realms Of Faye Reborn (a work in progress) with a new update entry:

updated the location due to a issue i had with it being in ilsh is now ablew to be tram fel or both

Realize it's been awhile since I've posted an update in regards to the faye realms system yes I am still working on this life has thrown me a few curveballs my computer has been a pain and I just did the short math there will be large spaces in between each of the dungeons so as you don't have a view or range overlap between however add an average of 1 static per tile of the footprint size considering while yes there are vacant areas there are also areas that a 20 by 20 square has a 5-story...

Read the rest of this update entry...

TheRisingPhoenyx updated The Realms Of Faye Reborn (a work in progress) with a new update entry:

still working on the system as life permits

i have had a few huge setbacks and a few breakthroughs since i last posted and am happy to say that it is back in the realm of being worked on.

one of the maps i have been working on for the system i designed myself with 4 variants Wynter / Summer / Choas - Darkness / Peace Restored View attachment 22789
each variant has its own champ spawn area and peerless boss area as well as 2 dungeon sets (was originally only one) per map (8 total for easier load due to it being a run...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Back