Does anyone by chance have a client that doesn't use the enhanced client?
I will chime in here...

The Enhanced Client is what Broadsword has for their game...which reworks the interface and changes some graphics. I think it sucks but I played with the classic client for years.

Then you have the Classic Client that is the 2D one most of us are used to...with the now considered crappy frames per second and horrible resolution options from the CRT monitor days.

ClassicUO is what games based on R&R use, and it is developed by an emulator community member.

So I assume you are asking if anyone has a "Classic Client" for these games instead of "ClassicUO".

Basically...no. The Classic Client was abandoned quite a long time ago now...because I was maintaining both Classic Client and ClassicUO. The thing is...ClassicUO just allowed me to do more things with the game. Certain things like how containers work, and the fact that I could make way more mounts...just sealed the deal for me to give up on the Classic Client (which handcuffed my creativity).

Finaltwist updated Ultima Adventures - A full featured, content packed offline/online server with a new update entry:

August update of the Ultima Adevntures pack

This update is a must have, a ton of bug fixes (they never end!), and most importantly, completely new taming abilities for pets they can gain as they level up. fixed breeding issues, fixes balance issue ... another must have update. to see the full list of what's changes check the april-august updates on the annoucement channel on the discord.

Cheers!

Read the rest of this update entry...

well amazingly a player of the server has volunteered to completely populate a system we had added that was never used to the fullest. We added a conversational townsperson NPC to the server very early on. This system relies on a database that needs to be manually populated and allows the players to converse with the npcs on various topics.

He has now added a full database of most quest items and world and dungeon and cities locations... for example, you could ask one of these npcs "where is dungeon XXYY" and he will answer... or "where can I get XX item?" and he will give you hints... this will act a a fully immersive wiki of sorts which can be accessed ingame.

really excited for this addition. Didn't make it to the august package so its going to live on the server in the next day or so.
I will chime in here...

The Enhanced Client is what Broadsword has for their game...which reworks the interface and changes some graphics. I think it sucks but I played with the classic client for years.

Then you have the Classic Client that is the 2D one most of us are used to...with the now considered crappy frames per second and horrible resolution options from the CRT monitor days.

ClassicUO is what games based on R&R use, and it is developed by an emulator community member.

So I assume you are asking if anyone has a "Classic Client" for these games instead of "ClassicUO".

Basically...no. The Classic Client was abandoned quite a long time ago now...because I was maintaining both Classic Client and ClassicUO. The thing is...ClassicUO just allowed me to do more things with the game. Certain things like how containers work, and the fact that I could make way more mounts...just sealed the deal for me to give up on the Classic Client (which handcuffed my creativity).
good to see you Djeryv.

Don't know if you saw how we attribute odyssey to you in the package... if not, create a new character to see. I hope that's fitting as your work needs to be acknowledged and i found this method to be immersive and better than a statue.

Adding more Flavor to the world.

I was sitting one evening remembering with fondness the good old days of Muds (text multiplayer dungeons). I found myself looking at a few websites from muds still operating since the early 90's... 30 years of online presence. I studdenly felt the need to immerse myself in one, to see if i still get the same feeling.

Oddly enough I did! The text opens the imagination, hints at what is around the corner, leaving everything up to you to create in your own mind. Graphic games have removed this... we enter now, we see what is around, but it feels... bland compared to a mud's description.

With this in mind, I decided to add a new texttile to Adventures that displays flavor text when a player enters a new area. I felt Djeryvs clues tiles were a great tool and were really underused in the game so made a few tweaks to them. You can now place them anywhere, add 3 different text strings and itll pick randomly from the 3 and display above the player's head. I added a few of these to the world, and lo and behold, I got that very same feeling from the text-only mud, but in UO!

For example, here is my character approaching an inn

View attachment 18744

Ah... lovely UO graphics. That's nice, but i felt something was missing... see how different the scene looks with a bit of flavor text.

View attachment 18745

I started populating one dungeon... hinting at previous inhabitants, wondering at some decor or book left behind, or adding hints of sounds coming from the walls. The entire experience of walking in the dungeon feels more alive, deeper.

I'll be populating dungeons as i go, and hoping that other GMs on the server do the same. These little tiles are an easy add to the game, but do wonders in adding flavor to the game, and bringing back those good old days of text-adventuring.
Hello, where I can get that "clues tiles" script? I found only ClueGump.cs in UA files, but I think I miss something.

Trying the new version on offline shard server, but when I try to start I get into the screen of verifiing accout, it boots me pretty much directy after.

I got in on the c:\ dir
not sure what is going on. Im happy I got the previously version backupped

well amazingly a player of the server has volunteered to completely populate a system we had added that was never used to the fullest. We added a conversational townsperson NPC to the server very early on. This system relies on a database that needs to be manually populated and allows the players to converse with the npcs on various topics.

He has now added a full database of most quest items and world and dungeon and cities locations... for example, you could ask one of these npcs "where is dungeon XXYY" and he will answer... or "where can I get XX item?" and he will give you hints... this will act a a fully immersive wiki of sorts which can be accessed ingame.

really excited for this addition. Didn't make it to the august package so its going to live on the server in the next day or so.

good to see you Djeryv.

Don't know if you saw how we attribute odyssey to you in the package... if not, create a new character to see. I hope that's fitting as your work needs to be acknowledged and i found this method to be immersive and better than a statue.
This sounds awesome, is it by chance something that you can create a 'patch' for?

Trying the new version on offline shard server, but when I try to start I get into the screen of verifiing accout, it boots me pretty much directy after.

I got in on the c:\ dir
not sure what is going on. Im happy I got the previously version backupped
are there any messages in the server console? if not, it might be a client side issue?

What does the console say when you get booted out? Anyone else having this issue?
This sounds awesome, is it by chance something that you can create a 'patch' for?
I don't create patches since really this is just the entire server code/save. making a patch is really tricky since many of the changes we make are included in the world (spawners, map edits, etc) and im already super busy with making the actual fixes/changes to the code. that being said, if anyone wants to step in and create patches for changes, it would be welcomed!

Right now people who play offline have to manually merge the scripts and then again lose any world-changes since they would need to erase their offline savegame. That's why you should play on the server and then everything you do gets included when a new release is made :)

Last edited:
Well no real error:
Client: 127.0.0.1: Connected. [1 Online]
Login: 127.0.0.1: Valid credentials for 'Playername'
Client: 127.0.0.1: Disconnected. [0 Online] [Playername]

the disconnect is due to the client it seems.

With the previous version I do get to login, so no clue whats going on now

oh wow, got ignored...
due to the fact im logging in here from my work computer and can't access the code to answer you and certainly not due to me not knowing the answer off the top of my head....
Well no real error:
Client: 127.0.0.1: Connected. [1 Online]
Login: 127.0.0.1: Valid credentials for 'Playername'
Client: 127.0.0.1: Disconnected. [0 Online] [Playername]

the disconnect is due to the client it seems.

With the previous version I do get to login, so no clue whats going on now
zip up your client, and extract the client from the package (clean) and see if it works or not.

I have this working well for solo play.
I want to have access to a GM or Owner account, but wizard/admin does not respond to [add or [delete. The text just shows up in chat.
I cant figure out how to reset the password for "Admin" it looks like this doesn't just use a simple sha-1 password, it must be salted.
<PlainPassword>blah</PlainPassword> does not work either, maybe that is to old.
I move over <accessLevel>Owner</accessLevel> to another account I know the password to, but that does not work either.

What the heck am I doing wrong?

Hey there, I'm experiencing some missing textures on certain things, is this a known issue? What can I do to correct it? Thanks!Screenshot 2022-10-04 090151.pngScreenshot 2022-10-04 090223.png

Last edited:
Hey there, I'm experiencing some missing textures on certain things, is this a known issue? What can I do to correct it? Thanks!View attachment 20602View attachment 20603
you're not using the correct client. you need to use the client files in the distro.
I have this working well for solo play.
I want to have access to a GM or Owner account, but wizard/admin does not respond to [add or [delete. The text just shows up in chat.
I cant figure out how to reset the password for "Admin" it looks like this doesn't just use a simple sha-1 password, it must be salted.
<PlainPassword>blah</PlainPassword> does not work either, maybe that is to old.
I move over <accessLevel>Owner</accessLevel> to another account I know the password to, but that does not work either.

What the heck am I doing wrong?
create a new account with your password, then edit accounts.xml in the save folder and copy/paste your desired encrypted password into the wizard account.

Is there an anti-AFK macro deterrent on this server? I'm trying to level hiding, piece and music, and every now and again I get disconnected with a "Connection lost. Connection reset" gump.

My internet connection is fine so it can't be that.

Update: Looking at the ingame NetStats I have noticed my ping seems to fluctuate wildly (40 to 200+).

Last edited:
I need help please i want to start a fresh server or world of this to play alone or with 1 guy, but i don't know how. I think i delete saves folder and need to type worldgen stuff? im lost

I need help please i want to start a fresh server or world of this to play alone or with 1 guy, but i don't know how. I think i delete saves folder and need to type worldgen stuff? im lost

No worries, dude. Just follow these steps and you'll soon be lost in a wonderful world:

1: Download the package: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1msOYn-xA6dV4mshNfDFLzO--tQ0oHLPN/view
2: Start the server (Adventures Server.exe)
3: Start the client (Runme Option 2 - ClassicAssist Launcher)
4: Pick the Testing server
5: Enjoy :)

No worries, dude. Just follow these steps and you'll soon be lost in a wonderful world:

1: Download the package: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1msOYn-xA6dV4mshNfDFLzO--tQ0oHLPN/view
Thanks a lot sir :D also is the main server pvp? Just curious im a bit scared of pvp ahah i know it's a core thing in uo tho i used to love it but I can't imagine pvp in this crazy world hehe

Thanks a lot sir :D also is the main server pvp? Just curious im a bit scared of pvp ahah i know it's a core thing in uo tho i used to love it but I can't imagine pvp in this crazy world hehe
As far as I know it's non-PvP.
Although watch out for NPC gank squads.

The NPC's here can be pretty convincing.

No pvp unless players consent to it. We are all mature players who just want to have a fun experience.
As far as I know it's non-PvP.
Although watch out for NPC gank squads.

The NPC's here can be pretty convincing.
Glad you like the npcs... Made a ton of changes to situational awareness and ai. You should try barracoon champ.... Its completely redone

No pvp unless players consent to it. We are all mature players who just want to have a fun experience.

Glad you like the npcs... Made a ton of changes to situational awareness and ai. You should try barracoon champ.... Its completely redone
Dude, I'm still at the starter graveyard.

Went down to Lord British's cellar and instantly got smacked. Got ressurected (this time without a horse 'cuz maybe the horse couldn't handle the stairs) and then I heard a very familiar laugh along with a flash of a well known newbie killer starting with an L.

It's gonna be a while until I meet Barracoon.

Dude, I'm still at the starter graveyard.

Went down to Lord British's cellar and instantly got smacked. Got ressurected (this time without a horse 'cuz maybe the horse couldn't handle the stairs) and then I heard a very familiar laugh along with a flash of a well known newbie killer starting with an L.

It's gonna be a while until I meet Barracoon.
Join the server there's plenty of people who can help. Might be good to load the discord too!
UA doesn't pretend to be a forgiving game

Wow just dicover that now, and blow my mind, THANKS!!! i love all the server you do.
I thinking to start a server with that for friends and who whants to join.

Maybe i miss the goverment system (i know, its for few players), the Cooking Expansion Set, and skills like lokais do for building, riding, and sailing.

Maybe i try to implement it, if i do, if you want can i send to you ^^.

Last edited:

I gave it another go, while all is really easy to follow, I just get instantly disconnected from the Adventures Server. (even with with override client setting selected om classicAssist). Anyone know why?
in the ClassicOU screen is says "verifying account ...." which is seems to be in a loop
A previous release does work fine for me btw

Last edited:
without posting the whole server text, nothing seems really unusual. All seems to load up well without any really errors as far as I can see
Here the last bit of it:

Warning: 1 bad spawns detected, logged: 'PremiumBadspawn.log'
Beginning Hourly Tasks
Done Hourly Tasks
Cleanup: Detected 377 inaccessible items, removing..
BEgin 150 min tasks
End 150 min tasks
Done 200 Minute Tasks

Last edited:
without posting the whole server text, nothing seems really unusual. All seems to load up well without any really errors as far as I can see
Here the last bit of it:

Warning: 1 bad spawns detected, logged: 'PremiumBadspawn.log'
Beginning Hourly Tasks
Done Hourly Tasks
Cleanup: Detected 377 inaccessible items, removing..
BEgin 150 min tasks
End 150 min tasks
Done 200 Minute Tasks
in ServerList.cs at Line 41 change your ip.
public static readonly string Address = "YourExternalIP";

Serverlist.cs in the folowing folder?: C:\Ultima-Adventures\Scripts\Server Functions\Misc

I dont recall making any changes in the previous versions.

Burried deep in the mountains of code changes and new content in the next release will be a new playstyle, the Affinity Mage.

It's no secret that I hate what Age of Shadows did to Ultima Online, placing artificial dependence on item stats instead of skill and guile. We've done our best in UA to bring back a new, innovative non-item based playstyle slowly but surely. The Soulbound system is really fantastic now, allowing players to cast off the item-based gameplay for one that is filled with risk, and relies on skill.

But I've also been hearing how Melee-focused UA is, where Melee archers or swordsmen outperform every other playstyle for late game content. With this in mind, I got to thinking... how does a mage look in conventional Ultima Online servers? Here's one:

1666736965167.png
Spell Channeling weapons and shield, and armor that allows him to generate mana quickly. Players have been forced into this type of playstyle for their mages because of the heavy reliance on items and item stats. But how does this make any sense at all?!?!? Is this how you remember mighty mages in your favorite fantasy books or movies?? Do they carry a shielf and wear armor!?!? NO!

This is how a mage SHOULD look like
1666737383185.png

So I took it on myself to make a completely new playstyle in UA, the Affinity Mage. Being an affinity mage means you can play without needing armor. It means you need to rely on your spells and skill in battle instead of on items, it means you can defeat the mightiest foes and be god-like in power in the battlefield, outdoing a warrior in terms of raw carnage, and do all of this wearing only a robe and the clothes of your liking!

The affinity mage playstyle will kick in when a player has over 90 magery and does NOT wear ANY armor or any weapon whatsoever. It is impossible for an affinity mage to properly channel the magic he masters when encumbered by armor and weapons and shields. His spellbook and his spells are all he needs to be effective in combat.

The affinity mage can, for example, cast an armor spell that gives him excellent resistances for a short while, curse enemies (which increases the damage dealt to them), has more ways to regenerate his mana, and his spells do much greater damage. But he has to be quick! He has to be smart! He has to cast the right spells at the right time!

THAT is what a mage has always been in my mind. We will be testing the balancing the new playstyle on the server, really looking forward to play this myself. And because UA doesn't have any skillcaps, this new playstyle will blend nicely with barding, taming, or any other skills a player wishes to use.

Last edited:
Found an error Log, anyone an idea?

ClassicUO [STANDARD_BUILD] - 0.1.10.285 - 10/26/2022 21:08:11
Thread: CUO_MAIN_THREAD

Shard: 127.0.0.1
ClientVersion: 0.1.7.10

Exception:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: cant find C:\Ultima-Adventures\ClassicUO\statics36.mul .
Filename: C:\Ultima-Adventures\ClassicUO\statics36.mul
bij System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

Found an error Log, anyone an idea?

ClassicUO [STANDARD_BUILD] - 0.1.10.285 - 10/26/2022 21:08:11
Thread: CUO_MAIN_THREAD

Shard: 127.0.0.1
ClientVersion: 0.1.7.10

Exception:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: cant find C:\Ultima-Adventures\ClassicUO\statics36.mul .
Filename: C:\Ultima-Adventures\ClassicUO\statics36.mul
bij System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
That's a classicuo crash, and I assume its because you aren't using the right client files, since its never happened to anyone I know
Runmeopion #?

Im using the ones that got packed with the last release. I also used the classicUO versions packed with the previous release (that do work with the old but give same error with the new one)
Pretty sure the error is on my end, but tbh I can not find out what tho..
Appreciate the effort to help :)

delete your classicuo folders, extract from the archive
not sure what you did there when you tried to keep the old client but its a mess apparently?
oh, and join us on the server too while you're at it, we're a friendly bunch.

Last edited:
I'll do that again but it is something I done before. It's not really a mess. Since the new client was not working, I made a back up and replaced it with the client that was with the older release. This one is working fine with the older release so. But when running it with the new UA server I just get the same error. Anyways, will give it another go when home from work. I'll have a look at discord too. Maybe I'll re-download the latest distro again, just in case.

Balladier playstyle added to the server! This is a huge change to bards and really allows them to compete with any other playstyle in terms of damage and killing power. :D

massive increase to all bard skills, including ability to do area provoke
cooldown after using bard skill dramatically reduced for balladiers dexterity now plays a role in effect and duration (was skill value only before)
balladiers will be able to affect bardimmune mobs at a rate based on their music skill and dex (up to 50%)
balladiers will find it much easier to influence higher difficulty mobs.
balladiers can provoke/discord while hidden with high enough hiding
they can provoke a creature unto itself and it deal itself damage as if it were attacking itself
they can use provoke on themselves and do area provoke for all mobs around it which will include any tamed mobs wrestling does massive damage to mob if mob is discorded

two new valid playstyles in UA! no more melee-rocks-everything!

Balladier playstyle added to the server! This is a huge change to bards and really allows them to compete with any other playstyle in terms of damage and killing power. :D

massive increase to all bard skills, including ability to do area provoke
cooldown after using bard skill dramatically reduced for balladiers dexterity now plays a role in effect and duration (was skill value only before)
balladiers will be able to affect bardimmune mobs at a rate based on their music skill and dex (up to 50%)
balladiers will find it much easier to influence higher difficulty mobs.
balladiers can provoke/discord while hidden with high enough hiding
they can provoke a creature unto itself and it deal itself damage as if it were attacking itself
they can use provoke on themselves and do area provoke for all mobs around it which will include any tamed mobs wrestling does massive damage to mob if mob is discorded

two new valid playstyles in UA! no more melee-rocks-everything!
interesting :p when you say comes the release? jejeje

everything is on the server now. next release is... when it comes next. we are also adding worldmap changes as we progress so your save will likely not include all changes, and since we are changing serializations too you might have to delete some items

That's a classicuo crash, and I assume its because you aren't using the right client files, since its never happened to anyone I know
Runmeopion #?
downloaded the whole pack again. unzipped to c:\, started the server and finally started the client.
But again: cant find C:\Ultima-Adventures\ClassicUO\statics36.mul
guess the latest distribution doesnt like my rig...

Back