ServUO Version
Publish Unknown
Ultima Expansion
The Second Age
Hi All

I've scoured the internet and wasn't able to find an answer and hoping someone on this forum may be able to point me in the right direction.

My problem is after placing a house, I am not able to access the house menu. When I double-click on the house sign the only gump i get is gold sign- see attached. There are no menus. Another related problem is when I try to use house commands to lock down or secure chest, there is no target when i say 'I wish to lock this down'

I am running

RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.2, Build 8622.27242
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 4.0.30319
Core: Optimizing for 4 processors

I am using clients from UOSA client version 5.0.8.3

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you

Attachments

• double clicking house sign issue.JPG
    double clicking house sign issue.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 4
How did you place the house; with a deed, the house placement tool, or via [add?

The first two will set you to the owner of the house, the latter will not.
[area interface where basehouse
^ This command will let you access the props gump for the house, you can check if the Owner property is set to your character.

How did you place the house; with a deed, the house placement tool, or via [add?

The first two will set you to the owner of the house, the latter will not.
[area interface where basehouse
^ This command will let you access the props gump for the house, you can check if the Owner property is set to your character.
Thanks Voxpire for your help.

I placed the house using a deed. When I check the owner property it is set to my character.

The issue with the house menu via the house sign and house command happens on both the house owner character and shard owner character as well.

I've included the basehouse.cs file if that helps.

Attachments

• House properties.JPG
    House properties.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 1
  • BaseHouse.cs
    106.2 KB · Views: 1
Thanks Voxpire for your help.

I placed the house using a deed. When I check the owner property it is set to my character.

The issue with the house menu via the house sign and house command happens on both the house owner character and shard owner character as well.

I've included the basehouse.cs file if that helps.
Your version of RunUO houses is set up to require the house key in your backpack;
Code:
        public bool IsOwner( Mobile m )
        {
            if ( m == null )
                return false;

if ( m.AccessLevel >= AccessLevel.GameMaster )
                return true;

return IsKeyOwner( m ); // <<< 
        }

This is what RunUO usually uses;
Code:
        public bool IsOwner(Mobile m)
        {
            if (m == null)
            {
                return false;
            }

if (m == m_Owner || m.AccessLevel >= AccessLevel.GameMaster)
            {
                return true;
            }

return IsAosRules && AccountHandler.CheckAccount(m, m_Owner);
        }

I do have the house key on the character. The house that automatically spawned in my backpack when I placed the house using the house deed.

I also tried putting the house key that spawned in the bank box in my backpack but it still didn' work.
i updated the code to

public bool IsOwner( Mobile m )
{
if ( m == null )
return false;

if ( m.AccessLevel >= AccessLevel.GameMaster )
return true;

//return IsKeyOwner( m );
return IsAosRules && CheckAccount(m, m_Owner);
}

had to remove AccountHandler since there were no reference but it still doesn't work.

I don't think its an ownership issue but more with double clicking the house sign and not getting the right gump and also the game not recognizing the house commands. Issues occurred even with an admin account which should supersede and player account.

Last edited:
Back