It looks very promising as a idea but a little artistic standpoint I do feel that the Creatures get lost within the Backgrounds, The Creatures Needs a way to stand out between the background. As a suggestion you should change the background to something that's resembles more UO based like using the Isometric Art style background so the characters really fits well with the background. As from a artistic standpoint I see a floating character pasted upon on top of a picture that doesn't fit or support either artistic styles so it loses my interest personally
I wouldn't pay 800+ million for the Mona Lisa, Art is in the eye of the beholder! But to address your comment, they are the shrink mobs, and yes they are pasted on backgrounds, these backgrounds symbolize the biome they are in when the game is played UOB is not built to compete with the likes of MTG or Hearthstone, it is a UO style mini game, nothing fancy, All art is editable so I don't see any issues swapping out the biomes for something you'd like better! I personally like the look and the work Red Rooster performed!

One thing I will say with new systems is your really just getting the system all artwork and gumps are just extra and yes editable that is the beauty of it. It is the system the playability all other things are just extra candy to play with to make your own as with the entire emulator game itself. So personal preference and ideas are cool but will always give credit to the good work the authors and creators put into the systems created. I myself just like to add my own spice to things. Makes for good cooperation and enjoyable community and game play.

What did I do wrong?
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Server.Services.UOBattleCards.Gumps.GumpUtility.LoadCardGump(PlayerMobile user, CardInfo card, BaseGump gump, Int32 x, Int32 y, MatchInfo game)
at Server.Services.UOBattleCards.Gumps.BaseCardGump.CardLayout(PlayerMobile user, CardInfo card, Int32 X, Int32 Y)
at Server.Services.UOBattleCards.Gumps.BaseCardGump.AddGumpLayout()
at Server.Gumps.BaseGump.Refresh(Boolean recompile, Boolean close)
at Server.Gumps.BaseGump.OnResponse(NetState state, RelayInfo info)
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

What did I do wrong?
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Server.Services.UOBattleCards.Gumps.GumpUtility.LoadCardGump(PlayerMobile user, CardInfo card, BaseGump gump, Int32 x, Int32 y, MatchInfo game)
at Server.Services.UOBattleCards.Gumps.BaseCardGump.CardLayout(PlayerMobile user, CardInfo card, Int32 X, Int32 Y)
at Server.Services.UOBattleCards.Gumps.BaseCardGump.AddGumpLayout()
at Server.Gumps.BaseGump.Refresh(Boolean recompile, Boolean close)
at Server.Gumps.BaseGump.OnResponse(NetState state, RelayInfo info)
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)
Thanks for the bug report: Fixed!

Back