Praxiiz submitted a new resource:

UO Compendium - Build informational gumps in game and display them. Uses a gump studio like interface.

This is an in game gump editor similar to a WIKI. Create pages such as shard rules, monster lore, weapon and artifact lore and display them to players.

The primary goal of this system is to communicate information to your playerbase. It is expandable so that new widgets can be added to provide custom actions if needed, but they are not provided.

Common uses may include, but are not limited to:
  • Tutorial Gumps
  • Item Encyclopedia
  • Monster Compendium
  • Instructional Gumps...

Read more about this resource...

Thanks, I hope you like it. It has a nice plugin system for additional widgets if you're ever inclined to write one.

Great something else to stress test...

Kidding. This looks awesome...

PS - I just promoted this thread to the main page, because I realized I can...and it looks amazing.

I'm mocking up some gumps for an XML Based Addon Generator I'm building. I prefer this method over Gump Studio (GS) even though it doesn't generate any code. GS still doesn't seem to get the labels right in gumps. GS also allows you to hue things that you can't hue, such as tiled images.

By using this editor, I know that when I convert the gump items over to code by hand, they will be exact. It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to add support for code generation to this system.

ai22.photobucket.com_albums_b347_Praxiiz_addon_gen_mockup.png

Last edited:
okay am just dumb but I want to start making some ingame gump or wiki pages from you system I got it installed and everything but how do I use it ingame ?

I showed this to Voxpire, we both agree that this is really impressive work Praxiiz. Especially considering Voxpire has never relased docs on super gumps. It's nice to see some folks at this level of coding in the community :)

I wasn't able to test the compatibility upgrade, so if anyone has any issues with this, please direct them to me and I will try to resolve them on behalf of Praxiiz. Private message is fine, or direct email [email protected]

So I finally decided to check into this, as I wanted a in game guide so to speak, it compiles fine however with the current repo for servuo, when you go to edit (create a gump) using the [editpage welcome command, it doesn't let you make any changes, such as width. Just keeps reverting back to defaults after any change.

I also had that problem Joshua, when I hit the "Apply" button, nothing actually happens. As a side note, I haven't really taken the time to update uo compendium, which might be the issue? Since you requested forwarding issues to you @Voxpire, im gonna tag you. lol

I currently checking this issue since i want a working compendium as well. My travel yet leads to "CompendiumPageEditor.cs" into function "CompileLayout" there it gets a snapshot of current selected entry which has not been updated. I currently try to find why it not updates and then we will see :)

Compendium seems pretty promissing, sad that I have the same Issue.

For a temporary solution, I edit the xml file, which is pretty time consumming.

So, I hope you will find the solution!

The problem is probably because a Refresh() is called somewhere before critical things are computed, meaning the computations run AFTER the gump is recompiled and resent.

The problem with the Compendium is it doesn't really follow the true pattern design of SuperGumps, which makes it much harder to maintain and diagnose issues. As soon as I get some time spare I'll take another look at it, I know people have been complaining about this issue for a little while now.

For some reason when I try to edit the XML directly it still doesn't take. lol. yeah i agree on time consuming.

I know the last post was in Apr 24, 2016. Did anyone happen to get a working version for the new repos?

Thanks!

Trying to get this to work and I'm not going to begin to try and debug it myself. [editpage gumpname doesn't do anything. What am I missing?

@Voxpire - wanted to check back on this, by chance did you have a free moment to see if we can help allow this tool to work again with the current version of Vita? it is an awesome concept.

The entire system needs to be re-written, it never actually used any of the SuperGump features in the first place due to a misunderstanding in the way the layouts were supposed to be rendered. It could just as easily not require Vita-Nex to be fair. Not sure if I will get the time to revisit this.

hello everyone how run it on RunUO 2.0 RC1 ?

Errors:
+ MYSCRIPTS/INGAMEGUMP/Editor/CompendiumPageEditor.cs:
CS0241: Line 158: Default parameter specifiers are not permitted
CS0241: Line 159: Default parameter specifiers are not permitted
+ MYSCRIPTS/INGAMEGUMP/GumpAdditions/HyperLink.cs:
CS1031: Line 14: Type expected
CS1041: Line 14: Identifier expected, 'int' is a keyword
CS1002: Line 14: ; expected
CS1041: Line 15: Identifier expected, 'int' is a keyword
CS1002: Line 15: ; expected
CS1002: Line 17: ; expected
CS1041: Line 17: Identifier expected, 'bool' is a keyword
CS1002: Line 17: ; expected
CS1041: Line 18: Identifier expected, 'bool' is a keyword
CS1002: Line 18: ; expected
CS1041: Line 19: Identifier expected, 'bool' is a keyword
CS1002: Line 19: ; expected
CS1041: Line 20: Identifier expected, 'string' is a keyword
CS1002: Line 20: ; expected
CS1041: Line 21: Identifier expected, 'string' is a keyword
CS1002: Line 21: ; expected
CS1002: Line 22: ; expected
CS1519: Line 24: Invalid token '(' in class, struct, or interface member declaration
CS1519: Line 25: Invalid token ',' in class, struct, or interface member declaration
CS1519: Line 26: Invalid token ',' in class, struct, or interface member declaration
CS1519: Line 27: Invalid token ',' in class, struct, or interface member declaration
CS1519: Line 28: Invalid token ',' in class, struct, or interface member declaration
CS1519: Line 29: Invalid token ',' in class, struct, or interface member declaration
CS1519: Line 30: Invalid token ',' in class, struct, or interface member declaration
CS1519: Line 31: Invalid token ',' in class, struct, or interface member declaration
CS1519: Line 32: Invalid token ',' in class, struct, or interface member declaration
CS1519: Line 33: Invalid token '(' in class, struct, or interface member declaration
CS1519: Line 33: Invalid token ',' in class, struct, or interface member declaration
CS1519: Line 33: Invalid token ',' in class, struct, or interface member declaration
CS1519: Line 33: Invalid token ')' in class, struct, or interface member declaration
CS1519: Line 34: Invalid token ')' in class, struct, or interface member declaration
CS1518: Line 37: Expected class, delegate, enum, interface, or struct
CS1518: Line 72: Expected class, delegate, enum, interface, or struct
CS1518: Line 74: Expected class, delegate, enum, interface, or struct
CS1518: Line 94: Expected class, delegate, enum, interface, or struct
CS1518: Line 107: Expected class, delegate, enum, interface, or struct
CS1001: Line 107: Identifier expected
CS1518: Line 107: Expected class, delegate, enum, interface, or struct
CS0116: Line 107: A namespace does not directly contain members such as fields or methods
CS1022: Line 108: Type or namespace definition, or end-of-file expected

2021 Does not function with Pub 57. I tried copy pasting the necessary files into my scripts folder as well as its own Compendium 1.0 folder. Both throw this same error.

"
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...Failed with: 12 errors, 0 warnings
Errors:
+ PageElements/AlphaAreaElement.cs:
CS0234: Line 5: The type or namespace name 'Linq' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Xml' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
CS0246: Line 59: The type or namespace name 'XElement' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS0246: Line 151: The type or namespace name 'XElement' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
+ PageElements/BackgroundElement.cs:
CS0234: Line 5: The type or namespace name 'Linq' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Xml' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
CS0246: Line 61: The type or namespace name 'XElement' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS0246: Line 171: The type or namespace name 'XElement' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
+ PageElements/BaseCompendiumPageElement.cs:
CS0234: Line 7: The type or namespace name 'Linq' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Xml' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
CS0246: Line 201: The type or namespace name 'XElement' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS0246: Line 65: The type or namespace name 'XElement' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS0246: Line 46: The type or namespace name 'XElement' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
+ PageElements/ButtonElement.cs:
CS0234: Line 6: The type or namespace name 'Linq' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Xml' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
CS0246: Line 62: The type or namespace name 'XElement' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS0246: Line 196: The type or namespace name 'XElement' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
+ PageElements/HtmlElement.cs:
CS0234: Line 6: The type or namespace name 'Linq' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Xml' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
CS0246: Line 66: The type or namespace name 'XElement' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS0246: Line 222: The type or namespace name 'XElement' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
+ PageElements/HyperLinkElement.cs:
CS0246: Line 70: The type or namespace name 'XElement' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS0246: Line 353: The type or namespace name 'XElement' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
+ PageElements/ImageElement.cs:
CS0246: Line 60: The type or namespace name 'XElement' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS0246: Line 151: The type or namespace name 'XElement' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
+ PageElements/ItemElement.cs:
CS0246: Line 59: The type or namespace name 'XElement' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS0246: Line 150: The type or namespace name 'XElement' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
+ PageElements/LabelElement.cs:
CS0246: Line 60: The type or namespace name 'XElement' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS0246: Line 156: The type or namespace name 'XElement' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
+ PageElements/TiledImageElement.cs:
CS0246: Line 62: The type or namespace name 'XElement' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS0246: Line 172: The type or namespace name 'XElement' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
+ Compendium.cs:
+ CompendiumPageRenderer.cs:
CS0246: Line 191: The type or namespace name 'XDocument' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

"

2021 Does not function with Pub 57. I tried copy pasting the necessary files into my scripts folder as well as its own Compendium 1.0 folder. Both throw this same error.

"
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...Failed with: 12 errors, 0 warnings
Errors:
+ PageElements/AlphaAreaElement.cs:
+ PageElements/BackgroundElement.cs:
CS0246: Line 61: The type or namespace name 'XElement' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS0246: Line 171: The type or namespace name 'XElement' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
+ PageElements/BaseCompendiumPageElement.cs:
CS0234: Line 7: The type or namespace name 'Linq' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Xml' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
CS0246: Line 201: The type or namespace name 'XElement' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS0246: Line 65: The type or namespace name 'XElement' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS0246: Line 46: The type or namespace name 'XElement' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
+ PageElements/ButtonElement.cs:
CS0246: Line 196: The type or namespace name 'XElement' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
+ PageElements/HtmlElement.cs:
CS0246: Line 66: The type or namespace name 'XElement' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS0246: Line 222: The type or namespace name 'XElement' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
+ PageElements/HyperLinkElement.cs:
CS0246: Line 70: The type or namespace name 'XElement' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS0246: Line 353: The type or namespace name 'XElement' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
+ PageElements/ImageElement.cs:
+ PageElements/ItemElement.cs:
CS0246: Line 150: The type or namespace name 'XElement' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
+ PageElements/LabelElement.cs:
CS0246: Line 156: The type or namespace name 'XElement' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
+ PageElements/TiledImageElement.cs:
CS0246: Line 172: The type or namespace name 'XElement' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
+ Compendium.cs:
+ CompendiumPageRenderer.cs:
CS0246: Line 191: The type or namespace name 'XDocument' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

"

I believe Vita Nex was removed from the ServUO core. Check their page for the source: http://core.vita-nex.com/

I have Vita-Nex 5.2 and it runs those errors.

Oh, I see. Then, it must be a compatibility issue. Probably Compendium was written to an earlier Vita Nex. Perhaps Voxpire or another one proficient in VNC would know how to get that to work. Actually, if you look at post 32 and 33 above, you will see that this lost compatibility back in 2019. I think you are out of luck here.

Back