I am just getting setup, moving from JustUO...

So I got my shard setup easy enough. Test Center is enabled for now. I started a character and got a backpack, and bank, full of stuff. I have been hunting and my gold ledger works fine, gold sweeping is fine...

...but I went to the bank and double clicked on a check. I got a message that 100,000 was added to my account. There is no gold added to the bank, nothing in my backpack, and my gold ledger did not go up. I was wondering where does it go? What account? Also, I took a check out of the money box and set it in the main part of my bank box - same message "50,000 has been added to your account", and the check vanished.

Since I have the money box (test center) I say "check 50,000" and the banker says "we no longer offer check services"? So.... how does the money system work in ServUO? Very confused right now ha ha

It's in line with OSI publish 90/91 - Time of Legends virtual account gold.

All gold is now bound to your Account and can be accessed by all characters on your account.

Trading gold has been updated in that you can now type an amount of gold directly in to the trade gump.
Because of this new feature, bank checks became redundant for transferring large amounts of gold.
You can still withdraw stacks of gold coins from your gold account, say "withdraw 50000".

Basically, Banker.Withdraw, Banker.GetBalance, etc, now checks Account.TotalCurrency instead of looking for physical Gold and BankCheck items in your bank box.

There are options enabled in CurrentExpansion.cs which allows the server to automatically delete and convert Gold and BankChecks dropped in to the BankBox (that's why they vanish).

If you say "balance" to a banker, they should tell you the correct amount, including the gold that's "vanished" :D

Also 1 billion gold == 1 platinum.

I used the Gold Ledger on my shard too, but with the new ToL account gold changes, it became redundant, so I've made it that when people d-click their Ledger, it deletes and credits their account. Things like Gold Sweeping were then replaced with an OnMovement override in Gold.cs instead.

Ok, I just signed in. Balance was 0. I dropped in 5,000 gold coins and now my balance says 5,000 gold. Dropped in a check and the balance showed up (I did not save earlier so the checks were back). Does the trade window, and vendors, use this virtual balance too, I suppose?

I also tested the "ATM" button on my slot machine and it says "insufficient balance", although the banker says I now have 60,000... I will work on that later...

Guess it will work out, but offhand I don't like it yet ha ha :)

Ok. I will play around with it for a while and see... If I disable it later would it change anything else or just he checks and gold piles?

Oh... I see it now/ I will probably just leave it in - I was just confused. Thanks :)

AccountGold.Enabled = Core.TOL;
AccountGold.ConvertOnBank = true;
AccountGold.ConvertOnTrade = false;
VirtualCheck.UseEditGump = true;

Agree, it's such a big change from the UO we were so use to :) but once used quite a bit, becoming more comfortable with the change does happen.

Some things to be aware of:
1. A player-ran shard that I play on that used some of our code had some economy-breaking bugs with this system that I have yet to test in ServUO. Use with caution.
2. The new secure player trading Gump does not work with client version 7.0.47, and possibly with 7.0.46. I am working on a fix for this now. Until this is resolved the only way of transferring large amounts of gold between accounts is to withdraw stacks of 60000 at a time and throwing them on the ground. So yea, don't patch that client :)

Curious as to what those bugs were?

Been running this system in two production servers for as long as it's been available and haven't had any issues with it other than a culture conflict with the separator and decimal point used to represent floats as string in Xml. That issue was fixed in ServUO a while ago, though.

I'm always using the very latest client and haven't had an issue with not seeing the new trade gump, but that doesn't mean I haven't missed a minor version that could have the issue.

We need to verify the earliest client version for when the new trading gump was actually patched in, as I have a feeling the version used for NetState.NewSecureTrading is a slightly later version than when it first appeared; this may be responsible for it not working right in some cases too.

I noticed that about bankers which doesnt offer check service too, it should be restored.

I noticed also that you cannot have a stack of coins larger then 64000 (or something similar).

Im using client 7.0.45

The shard I am taking about has some of our code. That's sorry if a way to describe it. Anyhow, on that shard if you buy grin a vendor you have to have gold on you. And if they try to withdraw from the bank for a large purchase the sake goes through but your bank is not deducted. Again I have bit looked to see if thIs is remotely present in servuo.

As for the trade gump, on version 7.0.47 clients the secure trade gump does not work. Our secure trade packet is one byte shorter than what I get from osi. And there is also a packet that is not implemented 0xDC I think. I'll have to check my packet traces when I get home.

My older shard Shadow Age and my shard have been using the account gold system for several months now with no issues. There may be a few customs systems you'd have to tweak if you set it up to withdraw gold from your bank or whatever, but, I haven't seen anything that could be used as an exploit since that time and I've hosted hundreds of players messing with it everyday.

You are correct though, it did take ALOT for the players to get used to it, but once they did, its an absolutely amazing system.

I believe i have an issue i had a new player login to my game and with a 0 balance he has withdraw 60k gold muliple times... i have no idea what to do...

How did he withdraw it? Did he just use the command "withdraw 60000"? Trade gump?

What version of ServUO are you using?

Do you have any stock script edits?
[doublepost=1469639351][/doublepost]Ive also long thought that there needs to be an in-game way to check players and total gold counts in-game. Since gold is the main currency greater control over it is needed.

Yeah, i verted our OSI clone back to the default banking system because well, i think some things EA changes are not really things that need to be tampered with.. Love that old style with the new style of OSI hehe.

Back