Donate
Donate money to this user
jase giffin submitted a new resource:

-Arya Battle Chess- - battle chess mobile sized

Arya.
this is one fine game.
i do love a good game o chess and i have always loved seeing peoples
ideas come to life here on UO.
this game works great many features and i just felt it should be added here.
usage...
[add ChessControl
double click and follow directions .
Drag and drop restart action.:eek:
AWESOME!!!
Read more about this resource...

Insanity

Mar 2, 2013
www.servuo.com
Its buged, when the chests peaces eliminate one of its opponents they just walk around them its bugged. would love a fix
Pretty sure your issue is due to having your chess board's z level set to low. Try adjusting the altitude of the board and see if that fixes your issue. I absolutely used to love this old game, Arya really released a pretty nice gem before leaving the community.

Milva

Admin
Mar 3, 2013
Donate
You should be able to raise it in game by 1 for the z level?

IanE

Dec 27, 2013
Florida
github.com
Donate
Whenever I do that and move a pawn he just keeps walking around the board and doesn't let the other player have a turn.
I have it placed in green acres. Does it have to be in Felucca or something?

Thanks

IanE

Dec 27, 2013
Florida
github.com
Donate
ahh ok I see I alwas trying the stairs thinking it would move the whole thing..power just went out so ill have to wait until tomorrow.

Milva

Admin
Mar 3, 2013
Donate
I'm surprised it was not all one piece, try [area increase 5 see if that works out with the board.

IanE

Dec 27, 2013
Florida
github.com
Donate
I did that and still the same thing. Also, am I supposed to move just the board pieces or the stairs also? I tried both already.

Milva

Admin
Mar 3, 2013
Donate
I just threw this on my tester, can't test chess pieces with just me but-
when you place the board the z level is at 5 when you increase the board the z level is then at 10- can't walk up the steps. Yes targe one far corner of the chess board with the stairs then go to the opposite corner at the (steps)

Milva

Admin
Mar 3, 2013
Donate
Oh yes the chessmen are all at the z level of 5 still by the looks of it, I'm not sure if there is an area in the chessboard.cs to change this- maybe some one else will be able to help with that.

jase giffin

Sep 14, 2013
in a box
Shard Name
The Grove
Donate
to me i would think that if the board were not set they would not walk to the location. im thinking, that this has more to do with piece deletion. and the method it uses to capture the piece. even tho it loads without errors.

Insanity

Mar 2, 2013
www.servuo.com
Increase the game stone, it should raise the chess board I believe. Don't start the game until the z level for the board is at the correct height.

Ravenwolfe

ServUO Developer
Sep 7, 2013
Texas
www.ultimaonlinephoenix.com
Shard Name
UO Phoenix
@Insanity -I don't think that's the problem, the problem is that the NPCs can not move thru the other NPC to reach the waypoint and the game will not delete the captured NPC until the moving NPC has finished the move to the waypoint.

I've been working on solving this problem by allowing the chesspiece to move on top of the other one, but I haven't figured it out yet. I think they base on basecreature but I haven't been able to override the OnMoveOver method nor the CheckShove method so far.

Well crud, it looks like OnMoveOver is already overridden in the ChessMobile.cs - but I still think its something with the NPC not reaching his waypoint.

Last edited: