Hey sorry, I am on vacations. So the latest version should be sonething like 7.0.21 (anyone?) As far as I remember there is a download available in the ressource section...

Hey sorry, I am on vacations. So the latest version should be sonething like 7.0.21 (anyone?) As far as I remember there is a download available in the ressource section...

But is that the last known working version for centred?
[doublepost=1501690949][/doublepost]I tried the 7.0.20 download from resources and got cedserver up and running. However, I found that someone must have added a building to at least moonglow in that download. So it's not a pure UO map. *Sigh*

If a building was added, then that's stored in the statics file, not the map file, you should be able to replace the statics to make that building vanish, as long as the new replacement is from roughly the same client version.

I tried the 7.0.20 download from resources and got cedserver up and running. However, I found that someone must have added a building to at least moonglow in that download. So it's not a pure UO map. *Sigh*

I'm not trying to start anything, so don't take this question the wrong way - I'm simply curious. If you're looking for a "pure" UO map, then what do you even need CED for? If you plan on making modifications to it anyway, then just use CED to manually remove the building?

I'm not trying to start anything, so don't take this question the wrong way - I'm simply curious. If you're looking for a "pure" UO map, then what do you even need CED for? If you plan on making modifications to it anyway, then just use CED to manually remove the building?

JERK! No, I'm looking to START with the pure UO map, and then make modifications/updates to that map using CED. CED cannot use the UOP files that are available now.

(Just kidding on the jerk comment)

Last edited:
Its trivial at this point to convert UOP to Mul and vice versa. UOfiddler and a plugin work great for that. Hope this is helpful.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Its trivial at this point to convert UOP to Mul and vice versa. UOfiddler and a plugin work great for that. Hope this is helpful.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

How do you mean, UOFiddler and a plugin to do complete worldbuilding?

For One m309 was just trying to help you . It was not a off the wall question for someone to ask you . Two you will not get very much help asking for help and then calling people names. A little respect goes along ways..

For One m309 was just trying to help you . It was not a off the wall question for someone to ask you . Two you will not get very much help asking for help and then calling people names. A little respect goes along ways..

I was joking around when I said that. I hope he understands that as well. But I can see how that could be missed.

No smiley or a "haha jk" isn't there to help with making that clear.

CentrEd+ supports any clients based on mul files, to be exactly from pre-alpha client up to 7.0.23.1. If you use higher client you can use some software to convert files for CentreEd+ from uop to mul and then convert back for client from mul to uop. Files required for client are written at login menu of client, and files required for server you can see in config file.

If CentrEd+ not work for you read what errors give client or server, in most situations they are related with problems in CentrEd+ configs, for example there presents tiles which not exists in your mul files. From version to version I fix known bugs which cause crashes, but it still have some problems especialy with TilesEntry.xml. Yes it requires some work with configs, just as all client are different its hard to make configs that will work with any muls (sure I mean not empty configs xD). If some one whant to improve default configs or share his\her own I with pleasure will include them in next versions

Can't use any converted UOP->MULs from any clients 7.0.50+ due to incorrect map sizes... If you were inclined to release the CED+ source for both server and client, I would be more than happy to bring it up to speed... Otherwise I will have to do everything you've already done, all over again, working with the last know source release. (which would suck, but doable)

In CentreEd+ map sizes are in server configs and can be easily change. As for problems with converters UOP->MUL it's problem of such convertors not CentreEd+ ). As for now it's easy to write converter UOP->MUL and back

To Lord Clay of Aquinas:

The thing is that you have just a few choices to make:
1) Will I just use OSI stuff as it is? -> Yes, than you do not need Centred+ -> No, than you need to use something below the clientversion StaticZ mentioned.
2) IF no, what would you like to change? If you are happy with the filesizes and the empty slots available, then be happy with it. If not you can use the little programm to increase all the filesizes up to a certain limit (0xffff). But they all need to be in the same length and version. The disadvantage of this is simply that you need a new client as Orion for example to use the files properly.

And as StaticZ mentioned: The mapsize can easily be set in the configs of Centred+. If you are missing some tiles just check your virtual tile list. All tiles mentioned in there will be marked as virtual and cannot be seen in the tile list!

Converted files are not useful with Centred+, tried this myself and then I thought I can be happy with increased file sizes aswell (StaticZ now it was hard to get there, but I made it with his great support^^).

To Voxpire:

I am not sure if StaticZ likes to release the sourcecode.
For me it even would not matter cause everthing is supported quite ok. The thing that I see more problematic is the lack of proper up to date programms like fiddler or similar tools.
Fiddlers source code is available and it would be great to increase the filesize that could be read by this tool and also the speed.

Link to the source:
https://svn.code.sf.net/p/pol-distro/code/tools/UoFiddler/

So if you could spend some time with that and update it, that you would already have a working world editor to use.
BTW: The Centred source (The original one) is available:

Link:
http://redmine.aksdb.de/projects/centred/wiki/SourceCode/4
http://redmine.aksdb.de/projects/centred/wiki/SourceCode/4
Hope that is of some help.

To Lord Clay of Aquinas:

The thing is that you have just a few choices to make:
1) Will I just use OSI stuff as it is? -> Yes, than you do not need Centred+ -> No, than you need to use something below the clientversion StaticZ mentioned.
2) IF no, what would you like to change? If you are happy with the filesizes and the empty slots available, then be happy with it. If not you can use the little programm to increase all the filesizes up to a certain limit (0xffff). But they all need to be in the same length and version. The disadvantage of this is simply that you need a new client as Orion for example to use the files properly.

And as StaticZ mentioned: The mapsize can easily be set in the configs of Centred+. If you are missing some tiles just check your virtual tile list. All tiles mentioned in there will be marked as virtual and cannot be seen in the tile list!

Converted files are not useful with Centred+, tried this myself and then I thought I can be happy with increased file sizes aswell (StaticZ now it was hard to get there, but I made it with his great support^^).

1. So the plan is using the OSI map, however I need to make changes to it. Ideally, using the latest files would be nice.
2. A: I would love to allow for more items to be added (essentially the max amount that can be added).

I know I can set different map sizes and configs for different map size versions in the cedserver.xml. However, I was attempting with the latest UOP files to do this and it was continually failing. Once I tried mul files from 7.0.20 (estimated last version that works with ced), I was able to get the cedserver working without any issues.

In the end it would be nice to have it all latest uop files to modify, largest amount of item count etc. But I know that's not all possible a this time due to decreased support for applications at this time.

If CED+ source won't be released for the greater benefit of the community, then I am forced to update on old version, or even create an entirely new map editor from scratch. Watch this space...

Relying on file conversions is annoying, we need to bring our tech up to date. CED is pretty much useless right now, I don't understand why the source won't be released.

If CED+ source won't be released for the greater benefit of the community, then I am forced to update on old version, or even create an entirely new map editor from scratch. Watch this space...

Relying on file conversions is annoying, we need to bring our tech up to date. CED is pretty much useless right now, I don't understand why the source won't be released.

I would support to get a more up to date version of several programms. Look, even the files from the newer UO versions cannot properly be edited with the old stuff. I would love to have more freedom of adding unlimited items and textures to UO, but fiddler cannot manage this right now. It is even slow as hell... And Centred+ is crashing regularly and also has some restrictions I do not like. I would love to see a worldeditor as easy to use as Centred+ but with more freedom like adding dynaimcs, or dynamic lights, or even with a "brush" tool to draw proper landscapes and heights.
For example: I am using textures with more then the regular border to border transitions (gras to roock, etc) to give UO a more natural look. If we could add this to centred+ I would be glad to release my textures. But now it is a pain to get stuff like this working cause you need to place every border by hand if you like to have more then one tile.
There are a lot of wishes I would have for a new tool and the best tool would be a combination of fiddler and centred+ like StaticZ did with fiddler+ which I cannot use cause my russian is very rusty :D
So I would highly support anyone who is willing to combine two epic possibilitis: Edit files unlimited and edit worldmaps unlimited on the fly.
And it would need a lot of tools.
I would even test it or try to help with programming some stuff ( i am not fast, but a fast learner) if you do it in c++ or c#^^
I know that Aeternum is most probably the freeshard which ich bringing custom stuff to the very limit, but I guess if we do it properly a lot of projects will follow who will all need new programms to keep thing going.

Cheers!

And Centred+ is crashing regularly and also has some restrictions I do not like. I would love to see a worldeditor as easy to use as Centred+ but with more freedom like adding dynaimcs, or dynamic lights, or even with a "brush" tool to draw proper landscapes and heights.
I don't heared about any crashes in lasts versions (except loading configs while login), as for me it works stable, so If you have any problems and find some bugs - describe them, Im always ready to help and fix such things.
As for "dynamic lights" I don't understand what you mean, and as for "brush" tool to draw proper landscapes heights - work is in progress. UOP support is also in plans...

For example: I am using textures with more then the regular border to border transitions (gras to roock, etc) to give UO a more natural look. If we could add this to centred+ I would be glad to release my textures.
Same as above, no one before requests anything like this. If you whant to add support of such thing - explain more detail, give some expamle of such textures with borders and rules for them if reuired. If you don't like share your artwork you can show it with 2colored texture example.

I would have for a new tool and the best tool would be a combination of fiddler and centred+ like StaticZ did with fiddler+
Fiddler+ is opensource for several years, even more anybody can do with it sourcecode anything he or she whants. Rather much people whanted to see it in english, but no one even tries to make translation or fix some problems. One time I also worked on UDK (Ultima Developer Kit), projects goal was rather interesting - create complex project that replace UltimaSDK (dll which is used in many projects for working with uo files), library with special UO controls for fast and easy writing own applications and application itself that can anything that can fiddler+\centred+\map generator and even more. It was also opensource, but no one was interested in it and whant help with it developing, so development was freezed.

I can help with the translation. I have a russian collegue whom I can ask. So the translation I can provide at least. I started with it but figured my russian is to low level to go on and it seemed to frustrating.
I will open a new thread for the rest, this one is way to far away from the topic...

There are not much text, 95% of text is simple words like "open file", "save file", "animation edit", "show grid" and so on. It can be easily translated with Google Translate and then corrected. For example if you get some button translation as "download file" and you see that selecting it open allows to open file from HDD its evidently that better to change translation to "open file" or "load file". But in cases when text composed of 1-3 words this willn't even required. More hard to understand how some things works even with russian knowledge and sources, but I can help with this. Main problem with Fiddler+ and Fiddler is that it's fast codding projects. I wrote Fiddler+ for myself and own project so don't take much care about supporting other clients, sure it work with other and vanila clients but not all, thats why I don't publish it here. Any way if someone whant to translate, fix bugs or impreve it I can give access to SVN for commit changes. But, friendly speaking, Fiddler\Fiddler+ has very bad architecture, thats why I don't whant to continue developing it. Sure from time to time I still make updates when I require do something with mul files, for example import new fonts from font editor. Thats why better to develop new application, like UDK. We started it with one guy, which worked on WPF UI for project. Unfortunately he have no time for project, so development was freezed as Im not much good in it and it's take from me too much time. So if someone will whant to help with UI for UDK, I will continue work on it with greate pleasure.

As for converting maps from uop and back I will try to write some tool now.

There are tools for converting map uop to mul and back...

You say there has been no interest in developing these tools, but that couldnt be further from the truth... I agree Fiddler codebase is a tangled mess that is virtually unmaintainable, but that didn't stop me digging into it to add UOP support... I don't release it because its not stable, but I share source when asked. So, why not open source the CED+ server software? I want a straight and reasonable answer, if you don't mind... Is it because someone would remove the Quint splash screen? Because honestly, thats the only difference I've managed to notice between CED and CED+ or the other App+ releases... Whats the point in taking feature requests when you're too busy to implement them? Just release the source, or let it become obsolete and make way for a new community project... it has been useless since last year anyway... so help me understand your thought process because right now, its just a carrot on a stick for those who would-be amazing world designers, held by back by the most simple and easily resolved issues... my questions will become less and less hospitable the more you continue to leave them unanswered...

There are tools for converting map uop to mul and back...
I know, it's not a secrete, but this is yours words:
Can't use any converted UOP->MULs from any clients 7.0.50+ due to incorrect map sizes...
Any way I wroted mul2uop and uop2mul converter, my converter. I don't test it much, but it works fine with 7.0.59.4 client. Worked with artLegacyMUL.uop, gumpartLegacyMUL.uop, soundLegacyMUL.uop, map##LegacyMUL.uop and AnimationFrame#.uop. I upload it as Essence UDK Tools if some one will be interested in it.

You say there has been no interest in developing these tools, but that couldnt be further from the truth... I agree Fiddler codebase is a tangled mess that is virtually unmaintainable, but that didn't stop me digging into it to add UOP support...
I said this only about Fiddler. Why? To much copy\past, when I create art.mul merger I don't only ones more create same controls and wrote much same code, I even had to create copy of Art class in UltimaSDK as it don't allow to work at same time with different same files. Many things wroted very uncomfrtable, thats why I decided not to continue its developing. It's still good project and I still update it when need some special, but it have no future as creating something more powerful and flexible will require to rewrite too much code, and it's easy in such case write new project from zero.

So, why not open source the CED+ server software?
I will open source when finish or when decide to stop developing as I did with Fiddler+. Why? Sorry, it's hard for me to explain it in english and friendly speaking I don't much wont do explain it.

Is it because someone would remove the Quint splash screen? Because honestly, thats the only difference I've managed to notice between CED and CED+ or the other App+ releases...
There are much difference in UI, features, tools and so on, logo is just way to give link to projects page, where can be found updates, documentation and where people can post bugreports or some feature requests. As Fiddler+ is closed you can do with it sources any thing you whant - remove\replace splash screen, rename project, I even don't require to give any mentioning or links to original project, it's site or me.

Whats the point in taking feature requests when you're too busy to implement them?
Why you decided it? Im working on it. Just at this moment I have only few requests, most of them ither very specific like supporting stilus presure sensevity ither not properly understood (for example brushes for drawing landscape geometry. I agree it's important and will be very helpfull, but how this brushes must work?). Whats the point you ask? If no request then ither all are happy with what we have at this moment ither no one use it at all. As you understand all this take influence on motivation to spend time on developing.

Last edited:
StaticZ updated CentrEd+ with a new update entry:

Version 0.7.9 released

Version 0.7.9
=============
[C] Bug #393: Range check error in drawing mode
[C] Bug #394: Blinking scene corners after startup
[C] Bug #428: minimap don't update after switching zoom
[C] Improvement #429: new tool - editing mesh
[C] Improvement #395: Render optimization
[C] Improvement #427: Landscape block cache optimization
[C] Improvement #396: Add new hotkeys for VirtualLayer
[C] Improvement #430: Support uop data for new clients
[C] Improvement #431: Support artLegacyMUL.uop file format...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Must work, I tested it on facet #5 from 7.0.59.4 all works fine. Enhanced client not supported and I don't think it will be easy to add its support as it used other rendering engine, especialy for landscape. And file formats and using data differs.

So is only the client updated? What about the server? Can't run client yet without server updates right?
Also for newest client and UOP we us this?
0х0010 Use *.uop files It is not implemented yet.

Server is also updated, thow client can work with old server version also. Server updated added only support for map files in uop format.

Where you get this words?

Server is also updated, thow client can work with old server version also. Server updated added only support for map files in uop format.

Under the centered Server setup

Under the server setup page http://dev.uoquint.ru/projects/centred/wiki/Start_and_server_setup map sizes

Back