If you don't know what is command line application forget about UDK Tools

@TwilightRaven I don;t think its problems of installation, seems just file sizes in new client are wrong and as CentrEd checked them it sugest there are some errors in config.

I have a masters in computer science, I know what a command line tool is. geesh. I just didn't know UDK was one, I assumed it had a GUI. So you are saying if I can scrape off that extra crap in my mul file It should work with CentrED+?

Question is...how the heck to use it. lol. Do I want to increase/decrease mul file length?

Hey how to fix this? i messed up the elevation and all that, is there an option to put the tiles heigh to 0? like in area? the more i try to fix it the more i ruin it :p

Howtofixthis.png

enable grid mode to see and anderstand geometry of you "location". then see altidude of tiles level you whant to set then use are selection with tool set altitide. As altenativ you can use flat render mode with drawing altitude levels

enable grid mode to see and anderstand geometry of you "location". then see altidude of tiles level you whant to set then use are selection with tool set altitide. As altenativ you can use flat render mode with drawing altitude levels

Yes thank you im almost fixed it

Im trying to use static filtering, the window opens up but only for about 2 seconds and it hides again. I can't seem to get the window to stay open so i can filter out statics.

In what way?

You can run the entire thing (and server mode) in WINE without many issues. The client side is less stable under WINE, but still very usable for all things. There are the occasional range errors that cause a hard program crash, but you can work around those very easily.

Hi all when I run command: "mono --server cedserver.exe" I get: Cannot open assembly 'cedserver.exe': File does not contain a valid CIL image.
[doublepost=1513109035][/doublepost]Dam and for what Im reading that error usually means that it is not mono or wine compatible :( but I dont know for sure, I hope Im wrong. :)

Last edited:
I did tried that and got the same error, do you think I need to use UBUNTU instead of DEBIAN? I'm using Debian, I used the following commands with same result:

wine cedserver.exe
wine --server cedserver.exe
mono cedserver.exe
mono --server cedserver.exe

I feel stupid, but it simply wont run :( Im using this: Debian 9 (Stretch) (64 bits)
[doublepost=1513125001][/doublepost]OK I would like to confirm that I was been stupid :)

well I did not had wine install so that was that, Now I reilize Im using a fairly bew client, ao like I dont have map.mul how can I go about this? Im just a total noob.

I'm getting excited to use this! :D Can't wait! I'm planning on building a home server that I might make public later, but it'll be private to me and my friends.

Ok, so I've run into a hiccup.

I've gotten Centred+ 0.7.9 to work with the latest Broadsword files with the UOP map. However, when I want to use the project that I'm working on's map and static files, it seems to crash while creating the Tiledata.

[13:50:34] Loading: Map, Statics, StaIdx, Tiledata
[13:50:34] Creating: Cache, TiledataAn unhandled exception occurred at $00458D36 :
ErangeError : Range check error
$00458D36
$004589BB
$0044B8E3
$0044B546
$0041CAFF
$00401C38

Press any key to continue , , ,

<CRASH>

Any ideas? I've tried a couple things but nothing has worked.

**UPDATE**
I swapped the tiledata, radarcol on the server with the latest from Broadsword and the server started. I then had to swap the tiledata radarcol and hue muls on the client side to get it to connect properly. A few artifacts, but I'm not sure what this would mean using other tiledata and radarcol that are not from the project I'm working on... Any ideas?

Last edited:
Seems problem is in yours mul files - some of them have bad size or format. Whats your tiledata file size? It must be around 3188736 bytes and 163768 bytes for radaracol.

Hi StaticZ, did you tried new uop maps with CentrED+? They are little bit bigger after converting from UOP to MUL (by 1 KB) and CentrED crashes on them (tested with map0). I was using LegacyUOP2MUL tool, for SA/HSA converting was fine and size was as specified in documentation, but recent maps have that problem.

Hi all, i've installed CentrED+ on Windows 10 an my Shar runs on a server - not local.
If i start CentrED+ and use my login credentials i see in the server log my own login. But CentrED+ hungs up @ "Connection".
After a while the server disconnects my account due inactivity.
What can i do to run CentrED+ ? Have i to install a "Server-Version" ?

CentrEd has own server and client, you can find server part in PEBinaries directory of centred+ installation folder. See wiki for more details about configuration and running.

Hi, everyone. I have a question.
I'm trying to config CentrED+ to use .uop files.
I'm using CentrED+ 0.7.09.
My tiledata.mul and radarcol.mul are in the range that StaticZ said.
Txt from my .xml:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<CEDConfig Version="6">
<Language>..\Language\English.ini</Language>
<Port>2597</Port>
<Map>
<Map>C:\CS\map0LegacyMUL.uop</Map>
<StaIdx>C:\CS\staidx0.mul</StaIdx>
<Statics>C:\CS\statics0.mul</Statics>
<Width>896</Width>
<Height>512</Height>
<Prefix>0</Prefix>
<Format>0x0010</Format>
</Map>
<Tiledata>C:\CS\tiledata.mul</Tiledata>
<Radarcol>C:\CS\radarcol.mul</Radarcol>
<Accounts>
<Account>
<Name>admin</Name>
<PasswordHash>21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3</PasswordHash>
<AccessLevel>255</AccessLevel>
<LastPos x="2464" y="440"/>
<Regions/>
</Account>
</Accounts>
<Regions/>
</CEDConfig>

Which prefix should i use? 2? But always when i'm trying to initialize the cedserver, the message "bad mul files..." shows itself.

I can run the cedserver using "0x0008" and pointing to map0.mul.
But i really want to use the .uop file instead.

What can i do?

Ty, StaticZ, but i already read, use and config multiple times using that wiki.
I already tried in different ways, but i'm always falling into the same hole.
There any tips about the specific situation and config of .uop files?
Which is the best Prefix to use?
My problem is about the size of my files? It's about the height and the width of my map?

Prefix depends on used in map files root key for hashing data blocks. For original files it's equal to map index - 0, 0x, 1, 1x, 2, 2x and so on.
In newer clients as i remeber there is some trash in uop files, that become reason of failing validation of this files at loading. In this case ither resave them or whait for next version - where it will be fixed.

Hi. I'm having problems with CentrE+. I have 0.7.9 (I think) I have the client installed ok I think but
cedserver says I have bad mul files. I am using the converted UOP muls in my client folder
I'm trying to edit Trammel which should be 896x512. I looked at my map0 and the bytes are 87.809 bytes * 1024 = 89,916,416 bytes. The listed bytes for Trammel are 89,915,392. Do the converted uops not work with cedserver?

I had an issue awhile ago to where the map didn't render correctly due to an improper flag. used 0x000008 and that fixed the issue at that time. now I switched to UOP files from client version 7.0.65.4, client and server for CentrED using the same tiledata and text data files and everything in the same directory, getting map render issues. Using the flag per UOP files of 0x0000010 and getting the problem.

Tried swapping out to older tiledata and text data files, no change

I have encountered some issues when using CentredPlus

Major
  1. Large command operations: adding multiple static or multiple drawing terrain just add or draw the first element on the list.
  2. Performing one of the operations mentioned above, will sometime create a lot of unused terrain tile (land terrain id 0)
Minor
  1. Sometimes the hightlighing doesn't show up when dragging the mouse.

Last edited:
Found a work around, if you would even call it that... :) lol... When I used UO Fiddler to Pack the UOP files into MUL Files, no matter what options I chose ( i really did dig through the wiki on this ), it kept returning bad map file sizes for the MUL converted from the newest patch. Something about the UOP's are different, probably started with the new fancy client update to better work on Windows 10.

And the current UOP's provide a messed up rendered version of the map when opening in CentrED so that isn't really a good idea either.

So here is the work around.
1) Obtain a copy of Ultima live
2) Copy the core files of Ultimalive into the customs folder and set it up per the instructions (ALL THE WAY (except the server core files)). You do not need to configure custom maps above the defaults unless you want to.
3) Then launch the client (doesn't need the lrping file) and login. Use the command [exportclientfiles to export the client files into MUL files.
Will be somewhere in your servuo folder, likely UltimaLive\ClientFilesExport or something like that.

You can use those MUL files just fine with the current CentrED version. 'I've yet to test if packing them pack to UOP's provides working copies yet but its a start. Least we can get the newest content this way if you face the same problems I did.

To note this isn't a thread to support UltimaLive, if you run into any problems, report them on the UltimaLive thread or open a help thread else where. This is just a possible work around to provide viable map files for CentrED.

Where do you get a copy of Ultima Live and what do you mean by copying the core files of Ultima LIve into the customs folder and setting it up per the instructions? Do you have an executable and files? All I could find was the GitHub source code.

Back