Hey Joshua. This is Walter. My account was on the fritz so - anyway I downloaded the files you sent me and made the changes from the instructions to the core files and the custom scripts. I tried the command "[exportclientfiles" but all it did was pop the command over my head. Any ideas?

So I rather not hijack this thread to support another script. Post issues on the resource page itself I provided you. I will respond in PM :)

Could anyone please help me about this error? I didnt have any clue what this is :S

======= CentrED+ Server [Version: 0.7.9 Build: 270] =======
Copyright: "UO CentrED" ver 0.6.1 (c) 2009 Andreas Schneider
: "CentrED+" version (c) 2017 StaticZ (uoquint.com)
[13:31:32] Language loaded: English
[13:31:32] Config file loaded: "cedserver.xml"
[13:31:32] Initialization starting
[13:31:32] Loading: Map, Statics, StaIdx, Tiledata
[13:31:32] Creating: Cache, Tiledata, Indexation, RadarMap
An unhandled exception occurred at $0045A83B :
EAccessViolation : Access violation
$0045A83B
$0044BA2F
$0044B546
$0041CAFF
$00401C38

check config file, make sure files are existing and application have access (windows can block access to drive C as some antivirus can help moving to other location or lunching with admin rights)

Also that could mean that you may have servuo or the client that is using those files open, windows will only let one program at a time access files like that. Glad to see you StaticZ, thought you left us. lol

I'm pretty sure this is an issue with the the fact that I'm using two different size files. My map0.mul file was created by DragonMod @ 6144x4096 and I'm using StaidX0, Statics0 files from the latest update from Broadsword.

I've tried the width at 768 and 896, and I've also played with every Format setting. And the server does not launch, so is it because of the difference in file versions? If so, how can I get my map to the necessary size to match the latest staidx and statics? Or get the statics/staidx to the same version as the map?

<Width>896</Width>
<Height>512</Height>
<Prefix>0</Prefix>
<Format>0x0000001C</Format>

How to 2nd floor?

I click virtual layer increase the height and i cant build another floor above the first one, it only let me put roofs :S

centred.png

Have we lost further development of Centered? =(

I wouldn't say that development has been lost. It's just diminished. The current owner probably has limited time available to advance the application, but from what we've seen from past attempts to request the source so that other developers could advance the application, the current developer will NOT release it.

He was last commenting in this thread on: StaticZ,Oct 24, 2018

I wouldn't say that development has been lost. It's just diminished. The current owner probably has limited time available to advance the application, but from what we've seen from past attempts to request the source so that other developers could advance the application, the current developer will NOT release it.

He was last commenting in this thread on: StaticZ,Oct 24, 2018
I am really hoping and looking forward to a client version update so I can build my dream shard =(

I would love to see more development tool updates, period.. So many outdated tools that we are just trying to make work haha.

I am really hoping and looking forward to a client version update so I can build my dream shard =(
Yeah, I'm sort of in the same boat. I'm just trying to figure out how to build my dream map from scratch. All the tools that I had once used (2003) timeframe are outdated and have been changed or updated, or the files that need to be created are different from what they use to be so the files that those tools would make won't work at all. It's a mess.

And then you talk to some people that state they are using a custom application to accomplish map making but they won't share that info or knowledge to you. However they will allow you to build out your map and send it to them for them to "create." Sorry, but while I'm all for sharing things, handing over something like that seems a bit much in my mind.

I know with the above statement though that this will sound contradicting, however I do think this community is suffering from a lack of sharing of tools and knowledge. The reason why I justify not wanting to share a map initially is because A: It's incomplete. B: I want to create it and not be burdening someone every few days for adjustments every time I change things. C: A map is a very personal thing, it's your artistic creation... (I suppose you could argue code/applications to be the same).

Either way. It's sad that the UO emulator community that once was about the free creation and sharing of the UO experience, has become so much of a "for profit" and jaded industry.

I created my map from scratch that im working on now. I used UOLandscaper but i think it was a UOL knockoff? If my computer wasnt smashed by a virus, i would put it up for grabs... its hard to find programs these days and i have gone into deep, deep google searches and pulled utilities off of half working sites.. Then i just roll into centered to fix anything that needs it.

map.png

I created my map from scratch that im working on now. I used UOLandscaper but i think it was a UOL knockoff? If my computer wasnt smashed by a virus, i would put it up for grabs... its hard to find programs these days and i have gone into deep, deep google searches and pulled utilities off of half working sites.. Then i just roll into centered to fix anything that needs it.

View attachment 12642

So UOLandscaper is the tool you used to create the landmass shapes? And you're potentially battling a virus at the moment?

So UOLandscaper is the tool you used to create the landmass shapes? And you're potentially battling a virus at the moment?

Yeah the basic land shapes and all that come from from UOL and then go in with centered and build and modify
[doublepost=1546989648][/doublepost]And the virus dealt with but it locked down all my stuff

Google how to remove rasomware
[doublepost=1546992485][/doublepost]
Yeah, I'm sort of in the same boat. I'm just trying to figure out how to build my dream map from scratch. All the tools that I had once used (2003) timeframe are outdated and have been changed or updated, or the files that need to be created are different from what they use to be so the files that those tools would make won't work at all. It's a mess.

And then you talk to some people that state they are using a custom application to accomplish map making but they won't share that info or knowledge to you. However they will allow you to build out your map and send it to them for them to "create." Sorry, but while I'm all for sharing things, handing over something like that seems a bit much in my mind.

I know with the above statement though that this will sound contradicting, however I do think this community is suffering from a lack of sharing of tools and knowledge. The reason why I justify not wanting to share a map initially is because A: It's incomplete. B: I want to create it and not be burdening someone every few days for adjustments every time I change things. C: A map is a very personal thing, it's your artistic creation... (I suppose you could argue code/applications to be the same).

Either way. It's sad that the UO emulator community that once was about the free creation and sharing of the UO experience, has become so much of a "for profit" and jaded industry.

Once you open your shard your map will not be private anymore.. Anyone can take the files and do whatevet

oh i did but this ransomware isnt curable yet so i have all the files saved for one day when it is. Yes, anyone can steal your stuff. Sucks..

Google how to remove rasomware
[doublepost=1546992485][/doublepost]

Once you open your shard your map will not be private anymore.. Anyone can take the files and do whatevet

Oh I understand that part of it. But then it's at least the completed design. Not part way in and someone is now stealing your work. I know, it's a weird double standard in a way, but I do think it differs.
[doublepost=1547011038][/doublepost]And just so that anyone can get it. I've got the latest version of Centred+ 0.7.9 (Client + Server) available for download in my signature.

Does anyone have the .xml files (tilesentry and tilesgroup) cleaned up for a ML-ish client? The file that comes with the base download has all the new boats and the like, along with many new walls and other items, and it's causing errors.

Hello, is the code open source? I read that it's possible to run on Linux, but I can't find a downloadable version of it or the source code to compile it myself

Hello, is the code open source? I read that it's possible to run on Linux, but I can't find a downloadable version of it or the source code to compile it myself

This application is not opensource sadly. It hasn't been updated in 2 years, and the lead dev. has declined sharing the code to prominent developers in the community many times. His response was always to download the OLD code that he used to work on, as he did't even create the software originally. Sadly, people are more about the fame, money or control than aiding the community and passing the torch to active people.

If you talk to a lot of people about map making, you'll find quite a few people that claim they've made their own application(s) to do the job, or have some amazing program and techniques, but will NOT share those resources. It's sad, and I think this mindset has set the community back over the years. Good luck with your endeavors and research.

This is one of the old code links I found.

This application is not opensource sadly. It hasn't been updated in 2 years, and the lead dev. has declined sharing the code to prominent developers in the community many times. His response was always to download the OLD code that he used to work on, as he did't even create the software originally. Sadly, people are more about the fame, money or control than aiding the community and passing the torch to active people.

If you talk to a lot of people about map making, you'll find quite a few people that claim they've made their own application(s) to do the job, or have some amazing program and techniques, but will NOT share those resources. It's sad, and I think this mindset has set the community back over the years. Good luck with your endeavors and research.

This is one of the old code links I found.

Damn, that's incredibly annoying.
I did get the app to run on ubuntu using wine, but apparently it supports only up to 7.0.18 as client.
I'm currently sticking to an older client version (7.0.15), since I'm alone and want to focus on the gameplay currently. Editing the map is a need for my idea, but I don't have the bandwidth to build something like that myself.

Last but not least, since ClassicUO is open source, it might be possible to just alter that client instead and support different files, while using the files from the old client.

The source code is in Pascal apparently, so I'd need to study another programming language. While that's relatively simple at this point, I don't really want to invest in that to bring that app up-to-standard. Might be easier to create a converter between file formats.

I am going to say, after fiddling around with a few things, I managed to get this up and running. I want to apologize for having a moment of dumb.

im having some trouble. im trying to build a whole map and make mountains. i do know how to make them, but i cant see them how i see it in the game. The titles are black and seem out of place, out of hight. is there something wrong with my titledata? is there a way i can see how its goona look in game?

Having some serious LAG issues with CentrED.
Every time i do something in the client it freezes for a few seconds or hangs\crashes.
Not sure where to start with troubleshooting.

Hi guys,

I am currently working on a map here with CentrED+ and its just fine.
I had an issue with the client version but, after setting it as 0x000c it worked fine.

The new thing is:

I cannot load tiles from my art.mul after the count of 16k. It seems that CentrED+ does not support High Seas higher count of art.

I wanted to know if any of you knows how to make CED recognize this other art and run it.

I have tried to launch the Cedserver with 0x001c to see if it would enable the extra art but it crashes, does not even load.
Older versions would break the heights of the terrain, so I am pretty sure the 0x000c is the working one...

If you can help me it would be great!
:p

Thank you!

Hello! I'm having a little problem. Can you help me? I cannot use Entries- in the category section, I get an error to set up a house and ship. İnvalid bit index :38544 error.png

I get this error when I try to use the features there. OK, when I press it, I continue but I cannot use the Entires part.

There are Boxes on the side, 'Textures' and 'Statics', click both of those to show the statics and tiles. You can search those. CentrED+ is a very very finicky program that likes throwing fits over nothing sometimes. Just have to force it to work.

I understand you, but I could not explain myself to you. My English is weak. I want to add a house from the buildings section. thank you
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
as done here in 3:38 seconds

Hi,

Appreciate this is an old thread,

I have downloaded the latest version 0.7.9 from the website and I've managed to get it to working

BUT

now when I try to install the files after downloading the 0.7.9 from the Обзор - CentrEd+ - Quintessence

I can't install the local files required for the server it just get's stuck at 0% and won't download and let me install the files required for the server :(

Could anyone PLEASE help me out and share the server files required ?

Well server hosting the installer files is down or something. You can't do anything about it. Maybe they will fix it or maybe it was deleted. We will have to wait or try to contact StaticZ.

As it is imposible for me to get any version of centrED running is there a similar tool (even if less potent) out there ?

It doesn't exist that well, but you can use wordforge for the map and mulpatcher for the static from old programs. Or the original Centred.

Back