213.1 KB · Views: 185
  • [ServUO.com]-Immagine4.jpg
    [ServUO.com]-Immagine4.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 171
  • [ServUO.com]-Immagine5.jpg
    [ServUO.com]-Immagine5.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Adding more images that comes from the ice wyrm confrontation.

The icy wyrm, compared to the obsidian wyvern is much easier to beat but...

...after the wyrm bounty and ice scales have been collected (third image) it starts a countdown and player have to manage a smart escape way!
This is an improvement compared to OSI quest and of course much more challenging and entertainment guaranteed.

Many areas of dungeon are covered in ice and many walls will prevents player to pass!

There's a walkthrough for both melee and wizard classes to exit on time before our hardly collected icy scales melt down!

Attachments

• icywyrm.jpg
    icywyrm.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 92
  • Immagine2.jpg
    Immagine2.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 87
  • immagine3.jpg
    immagine3.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Kilra Yan updated Exploring the deep with a new update entry:

Update 2

What is included in the last update:

- Include signposts (user edit) in docs
- Fixed deco issue including correct tent model
- Fixed incompatibility with older ServUO vers
- Fix Icy wyrm spawn coord
- Several improvements on Cousteau Perron Icy Wyrm Quest
- Found better model ID for Gravewater whirlpool
- Removed shown coords for rope/whirlpool and others "by click" teleporters
- New reset quests auto-check condition covered (where quest will reset itself automatically)
- Icy wyrm quest become...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Quote by Kilra Yan (You can find this information in the first post of this page :) )
I made possible to script all Exploring The Deep quest.

It will be available to anyone who will donate at least $15 to ServUO staff.
This is all mine production and claims aver 1 Mb of scripts and work with 30 days of work with 4-5 hours per day.

Yes, this initiative has been designed to help keeping the pushover in forum & server mainteinance.
You could donate to ServUO or do it for a few times, when you reach 15 (less then 1 coffee in 15 days) the work can be shared with you too by pm to me your email.

For me is not bad to ask 15$ for some Scripts.

I have Scripted and Submitted more Quest Script and other my Work for SA and i dont ask nothing for my work (user Lotar84 is Me).

Think about my personal impression of this Post.

This is my personal choice way approved, to support and supported by the forum to share that content, I dont earn anything by it.
So I dont ask anything neither not anyone ask you.
Btw you can read in the documentation everything about this statement.

Last edited:
Kilra Yan has been so wonderful in offering their time to help ServUO, All donation go towards the upkeep of the website to help ServUO :)

hi,

i have an issue and Kilra Yan and i are clueless, maybe someone have an idea.

When killing the icewyrm the game crashes.....everytime... Kilrah provided me with different versions of the icewyrm.cs but with no success so far.

I installed a clean repro from git today, and only added the quest. Everything works fine till i kill the icewyrm (doesnt matter if with kill command from gm or as player)

this is the crashreport:

Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 0.5, Build 5812.19025
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
.NET Framework: 4.0.30319.34209
Time: 30.11.2015 19:30:02
Mobiles: 88
Items: 77799
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
bei Server.Mobiles.IceWyrm.OnDeath(Container c)
bei Server.Mobile.Kill() in c:\Users\Armitage\Desktop\Nemesis\ServUO-master\Server\Mobile.cs:Zeile 4230.
bei Server.Commands.Generic.KillCommand.Execute(CommandEventArgs e, Object obj)
bei Server.Commands.Generic.BaseCommandImplementor.RunCommand(Mobile from, Object obj, BaseCommand command, String[] args)
bei Server.Commands.Generic.SingleCommandImplementor.OnTarget(Mobile from, Object targeted, Object state)
bei Server.Targeting.Target.Invoke(Mobile from, Object targeted) in c:\Users\Armitage\Desktop\Nemesis\ServUO-master\Server\Targeting\Target.cs:Zeile 269.
bei Server.Network.PacketHandlers.TargetResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc) in c:\Users\Armitage\Desktop\Nemesis\ServUO-master\Server\Network\PacketHandlers.cs:Zeile 1323.
bei Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns) in c:\Users\Armitage\Desktop\Nemesis\ServUO-master\Server\Network\MessagePump.cs:Zeile 303.
bei Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice() in c:\Users\Armitage\Desktop\Nemesis\ServUO-master\Server\Network\MessagePump.cs:Zeile 121.
bei Server.Core.Main(String[] args) in c:\Users\Armitage\Desktop\Nemesis\ServUO-master\Server\Main.cs:Zeile 571.

Clients:
- Count: 1
+ 127.0.0.1: (account = Kdzero) (mobile = 0x1 'GameSwooMaster')

Last edited:
maybe if all the solutions provided didnt work, maybe Denjiki may try to do the same and see if he share this issue.

I am sure with my client I killed many times the icy wyrm (as provided screenshot shows) without any occurred crash.

Maybe sounds wise to share the solutions I sent:

1) Tests included a full wipe (removing Saves folders also), undeco restarting and redecorating all from scratch.
2) Slimming down the scripts (erasing the icy shards spawning and some other "unnecessary" thick script)

A translated post might yield more responses. The error codes aren't in English.

In addition:
I wonder (stupid question maybe): did you managed to configure the map path in the Datapath.cs script?

Btw I see
Code:
bei Server.Mobiles.IceWyrm.OnDeath(Container c)

imo the problem should be seeked here (softer "ondeath" version you tested)

Code:
public override void OnDeath( Container c )
		{
			base.OnDeath( c );
			PlayerMobile mobile = LastKiller as PlayerMobile;
			Account acct=(Account)mobile.Account;
			bool CousteauPerronIceWyrmQuest = Convert.ToBoolean( acct.GetTag((mobile.Name) + "CousteauPerronIceWyrmQuest") );
			bool CousteauPerronQuestCompleted = Convert.ToBoolean( acct.GetTag((mobile.Name) + "CousteauPerronQuestCompleted") );
			if (mobile != null && CousteauPerronIceWyrmQuest && !CousteauPerronQuestCompleted)
			{
        	mobile.AddToBackpack(new ETDIceWyrmScale() );
			acct.SetTag((mobile.Name) + "CousteauPerronQuestCompleted", "true" );
			mobile.PrivateOverheadMessage( MessageType.Regular, 1153, false, "*These icy scales are already wet and they will melt in very few seconds...*", mobile.NetState );

}
        }

Last edited:
oh okay... sorry didnt mentioned that the crashreport is in german, but it seems to be only:

System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.

System.NullReferenceException: The object reference wasnt set to an object instance

@kilrah: what do u mean with did you managed to configure the map path in the Datapath.cs script?

I did only the things u wrote in docs. Maybe here is the problem? die i missed something?
Tommorow i will try it again with an absolute fresh install and the latest full version u provided me :)

thanks so much for all the support, i hope i can give something back in future...

@kilrah: what do u mean with did you managed to configure the map path in the Datapath.cs script?

you have to configure the maps in \ServUO\Scripts\Misc

edit DataPath.cs in the line
Code:
private static readonly string CustomPath = @"datapath etc etc";

hi sry for late response...

yes, in datapath i find my correct öhm datapath.

with which client version do u developed ur quest?

i retried the following,

i downloaded last repo to the pc of my girlfriend. Than i copy paste bittiez uttulities and icewyrm.cs to script folder (only this two files)
than i compiled (win.bat) using classic client i logged in and [add icewyrm, after this i typed: [kill and targeted the icewyrm.
Server crashes......

uo version is 7.0.45.89 classic client.

Because i used another pc and the latest repo, the last thing that can have influence must/should be the version of uo.

First PC i7 cpu, 16gb ram, nvidia Gtx970 windows7
Second Pc, i75 laptop, 8gb ram, amx????graphic card (not too old) windows7

than i compiled (win.bat) using classic client i logged in and [add icewyrm, after this i typed: [kill and targeted the icewyrm.
Server crashes......

you answered the question, you used the [kill command.

I have to make a workaround for this, you cant kill the wyrm with the command but you have to use "conventional manners".

Btw I will figure out if I can fix it allowing even the command.

danielle is it possible that u sent me the quest again via email? Maybe something is missing,

no I didnt

Ps: to fix the problem go to icewyrm.cs

Search ->

Code:
PlayerMobile mobile = LastKiller as PlayerMobile;

Add under this:
Code:
if (mobile == null)
	{ return; }

you are done :)

I recommend you not to kill quest creatures with command, as they will not be counted (neither code recognize you as killer)

Last edited:
omg thank u so much =) now everything seems to work fine... And as i can say ur work is amazing!!!!
And i now changed to actual repo as base for my server ;-)
i will translate the quest into german language so that our kids can enjoy this too =)
if you want (for what reason ever) i can provide u the quest in german, but it will last some time till i finished :p

Good, very good ;-)

ps:
remember to restore the original long version of the ondeath code to the icywyrm if you wish the "timer escape effect"

i used the icewyrm from ur last update the date of the file is 17kb
u sent me on 21.11. and added the piece of code from ur last response.

i dont want to spoil but it is the one with the 678789millions ice crystals :D

Kilra Yan updated Exploring the deep with a new update entry:

Update 3

Small optimizing update

- Deserialization now works for both delete after decay items & creatures
- Deserialization now works also for creatures abilities, enabling them back on server restart.
- Minor fixes
- Shadowlord release reward only once for player who kill him
- NEW FEATURE: Allow possible Mercutio ransom negotiation and pay with gold Hutwait debt!

For whoever already got the quest working and need the update, send me a pm with your email or an email.

For whoever made a donation...

Read the rest of this update entry...

so basically servuo left out OSI content that i paid for... just for you to script it and make us pay money to use it lol.. SO now anyone wanting to explore the deep and do bosses down there.. has to pay you 15$ lol

yeah after i posted this i did some investigating found the files in the repo before you even posted this.. but i still cant get them to generate of for the deep to actually work.. so?
[doublepost=1522864810][/doublepost]also been googling and looking on servuo for 2 days havent seen any other files or people who need this.. even downloaded full shards to see if thier deep worked... no avail

Back