Kilra Yan submitted a new resource:

Ilshenar/britain deco fixes - Ilshenar decoration

These instructions are my 7.0.45 deco fixes especially for Ilshenar and britain:

First:
go to ...\Data\Decoration\Ilshenar

rename adding .bck in the end of :
- golemsandjukas.cfg
- gargoylecity.cfg

Second:
Make a backup of Data/Decoration/Britannia/britain.cfg

Put my files in ServUO

You now will have correct deco for blackthorn castle (britain felucca & trammel) and removed doors and bad hovering deco for ilshenar where previously took place the gargoyle city and now there are some...

Read more about this resource...

there are still many deco issues around the world, please feel free to report me via pm also any deco/missing teleporter issue found I will attempt to fix it and make a release package.
I already have some solved ones in my test shard and actualy one needed to be scripted.

for me there is no ilshensar deco in download.. only tram and fel and there are no changes to see after putting it in data. (latest client, publish54)

just after wipe, you rename the descripted ilshenar files, you overwrite your old ones with mines and then type
[decorate

of course you have also to despawn and respawn creatures from scratch to allow the system to exclude the renamed stuff.

Last edited:
Are all these decorations OSI accurate? If so this should probably be submitted as a pull request to the repo.

I definitely think so, if you go on felucca blackthorn castle you'll notice decorations are really a mess, also east of ilshenar desert (where it took place ilshenar blackthorn castle too and now there are ruins, a few foots toward east) without these deco. I was using lastest client version when I released this with official maps.

Attachments

• Immagine.jpg
    Immagine.jpg
    312.9 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Yeah I think I know where you're talking about. I use the exodus map that has blackthorn's castle and gargoyle city still. It's a shame really that OSI doesn't use them, blackthorn's castle is really cool and so is gargoyle city.

Yeah I think I know where you're talking about. I use the exodus map that has blackthorn's castle and gargoyle city still. It's a shame really that OSI doesn't use them, blackthorn's castle is really cool and so is gargoyle city.

exact, I realized the same and attempted to recover the old ones until I stumbled upon the fact that 3D clients doesnt support any map change :)

I dont know if ServUo directions willing to keep or discard the decos due to the possibility to restore old map versions compared to osi accuracy tho

Well since OSI doesn't use them anymore and the default client doesn't, I'm guessing ServUO doesn't want them either since ServUO tries to emulate OSI as closely as possible. To most people the area just looks like a bunch of weird random signs and decorations attached to nothing. Magincia used to be that way as well until I cleaned it up when submitting the Magincia player vendor system. Besides the areas you corrected I'm not aware of any other areas with bad deco though.

I'm gonna guess there's still areas left undecorated/partially decorated but it would most likely only be newer content.

Well since OSI doesn't use them anymore and the default client doesn't, I'm guessing ServUO doesn't want them either since ServUO tries to emulate OSI as closely as possible. To most people the area just looks like a bunch of weird random signs and decorations attached to nothing. Magincia used to be that way as well until I cleaned it up when submitting the Magincia player vendor system. Besides the areas you corrected I'm not aware of any other areas with bad deco though.

I'm gonna guess there's still areas left undecorated/partially decorated but it would most likely only be newer content.

Your player vendor system is a great workaround, Magincia as it is, is really a mess compared then before.

I didnt find any other bad deco too, yet still too earl to say.

i wrote this because i think its a great idea to add this to repro :)
and when i am able to submit bugfixes i will do! But at the moment iam in the learning process. :rolleyes:

To the question of keeping old deco files, we do retain them now. Old Magincia and Ruined Maginicia are still around, as is the Gargoyle City. Look in Data/Decorations/Old. This is to support shards that run older clients.

Back