Ravenwolfe

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THIS IS AN OLD FILE AND THE SPAWNS THAT ARE INCLUDED WITH THE REPO ARE MORE UP TO DATE.

Ravenwolfe submitted a new resource:

OSI Spawn (Mostly accurate) - XML - Xmlspawner spawns for full OSI map.
extract the AccurateSpawn.xml file it into servuo main directory or servuo/spawns
Run shard and type [xmlload AccurateSpawn.xml

This is a (mostly) accurate OSI spawn map for all maps including TerMur. I've worked on it some, its not perfect, but its the closest I have seen, so here ya go!

Read more about this resource...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing, Ravenwolfe.

Could someone please enlighten me - and I'm sorry if this is obvious - but what is the difference between using Nerun's premiumspawner system and the XMLspawner? I remember downloading Nerun's years ago and it seemed great for all the spawners and deco. Is XMLspawner a better system?

Edit: I just started playing around with XML spawners in game and there seems to be a big improvement in functionality over premspawner. Awesome :D

Last edited:
Great Job!

The bankers in Ter Mur and Luna don't have a spawner. Those are the spots i have noticed right now. I'll keep looking out and let you know more.

I've been told this is a great new shard spawner. People should check it out.

extract the AccurateSpawn.xml file it into servuo main directory or servuo/spawns

It works with a fresh install of ServUO.

Hi everyone.

I have a question regarding this spawner. What is the difference between this spawner and the one that comes with the ServUO installation? Also, has any work been done to clean up the few areas that needed cleaning as Ravenwolfe said?

Thanks,
John

I've been told this is a great new shard spawner. People should check it out.

It works with a fresh install of ServUO.

Sorry for the noob question, but what is the command to remove the spanws? Something like "unload"?

Sorry for the noob question, but what is the command to remove the spanws? Something like "unload"?
[XmlSpawnerUnLoad <SpawnFile or directory> [SpawnerPrefixFilter] -
Alias: XmlUnload
UnLoads the XmlSpawners that are defined in the file supplied from the world.

Is there a way to use this to spawn only the felucca world?
Also along with that, is there a way to remove neruns distro spawn for felucca world only as well?

Would like to replace my current spawners with xml.

To remove neruns premium spawners you would use "[global remove where premiumspawner" and least thats is how I did it, now if I could only find a way to spawn all the original champ spawns since I dont think this did it.

To remove neruns premium spawners you would use "[global remove where premiumspawner" and least thats is how I did it, now if I could only find a way to spawn all the original champ spawns since I dont think this did it.

I'm pretty sure to spawn the original spawns, it was just a command like [generate champspawns or [gen champspawns or [generate championspawns or something like that.

Or maybe you typod and meant to say remove the original champ spawns. Normally if I want to remove all of a certain type of object, I just comment out the deserialize method of the class, save and run the server. Delete the objects when it throws the error, and then close server, uncomment and start again.

Dunno if that helps.

Something I liked about Nerun's is that it allowed me to choose certain dungeons that I want to spawn, or if I want to spawn vendors but no wildlife. is that option available with this?

Something I liked about Nerun's is that it allowed me to choose certain dungeons that I want to spawn, or if I want to spawn vendors but no wildlife. is that option available with this?

There are definately way to do this, but as talow said, the files have to be broken down further. I keep intending on updating this resource broken down by map, but I haven't yet. Maybe I can work on that some today.

Many of the spawners are named and using [xmlfind you can search by name, entry, region, map, etc.

The Spawn Editor I posted is exactly what (or someone) would make this task much easier.. It works as is, the only real broken part is the TansServer portion that links the Editor UI to the Game Client.. That part allows you to import and export spawns into the game world as you are creating or editing them, and a few little things like that, that are interactive between the program and the Staff Character in game who is using the Editor.

What I do in this kind of situation is open the Spawn file with a good XML editor ( VS in my case ) and section out areas into individual files, then load the single or portioned area files into Spawn Editor to edit. The spawners have a unique ID number, so there is not much to worry about in way of duplicating spawners in the game. It will delete the existing spawner and replace it with the new one that you import. Im sure you know this already though.

Its not a big deal about the Trans Server.. it just means you need to take a couple extra steps to import the spawn files.. Besides that, the Trans Server will link the UI to your game character, and track your players movement and transfer the spawning commands from the Editor to the Game or your Character. Without it, you just have to save the file when done, copy it over to the Server's Spawns folder, and type your import command by hand, where the TransServer would handle that for you. It would also allow you to load all in game spawners by the push of a button, when connected with TransServer, for fast on the fly editing..

I am still waiting for someone with true C# knowledge to come forward to have a look at the source and try to fix it. Maybe even clean up a couple areas on the GUI... And who knows, maybe even add in a couple more things that relate to the current XML spawner.

If you or anyone needs a hand setting up the Spawn Editor, I can try to assist in that too. It is not complicated, but does require a couple manual steps to setup.
I am going to be also wanting to get the OSI maps for Tram/Ilsh/Malas/Tokuno/TurMur spawned accurately pretty soon, and if no one else has refined them by then, I will post what I end up with.

One issue though with OSI accurate spawns, is the fact that all the OSI shards have a slight variation to the spawned world. So one person that played on Catskills will have a different idea to the accuracy than a person from say, Europa. We must keep that in mind.

What I do in this kind of situation is open the Spawn file with a good XML editor ( VS in my case ) and section out areas into individual files, then load the single or portioned area files into Spawn Editor to edit.
Sectioning out is the hard part. Wish there was an easier way to find all sections with a specific Map in a single file but I couldn't get wildcard searches to work.
Still I like your idea, would make it a lot easier to edit spawners.

One issue though with OSI accurate spawns, is the fact that all the OSI shards have a slight variation to the spawned world. So one person that played on Catskills will have a different idea to the accuracy than a person from say, Europa. We must keep that in mind.
Very true. It's nice though because it sticks to that whole "shard" backstory.

My team and I have been working a lot on this OSI Accurate Spawn and our little server!

We have opened up OSI Accounts again just so we can check the spawns compared to what is Spawned! (Testing according to Atlantic/TC1 Spawns)

We MIGHT get these sectioned out and posted for patching :) (Not totally my doing as I don't play with XML Spawners much but will definitely try to get it back to you all :))

after doing Tram i went with the map with the fewest spawners, TerMur 182 spawners

*edit: forgot the ending </Spawns> at the end of the file

Attachments

• TerMur_ver2.zip
    17.2 KB · Views: 14
I'm using Notepad++
I search for the name of the map i'm "ripping", mark it so it's highlighted, and then cut and paste each section into a new tab.

Going to take a look at your spawn editor though.

I'm using Notepad++
I search for the name of the map i'm "ripping", mark it so it's highlighted, and then cut and paste each section into a new tab.

Going to take a look at your spawn editor though.

This is honestly how I was going to do it xD

Right, well ripping the world spawn file into segments, yeah I would do the same.

I was just wondering if you were loading them into Spawn Editor afterwards though, to refine them. If you have ever used the Region Editor to create regions, thats how Spawn Editor works, with a UI. You will fall in love with it, seriously

Right, well ripping the world spawn file into segments, yeah I would do the same.

I was just wondering if you were loading them into Spawn Editor afterwards though, to refine them. If you have ever used the Region Editor to create regions, thats how Spawn Editor works, with a UI. You will fall in love with it, seriously

sounds freaking awesome, can't wait to try it. :)
hopefully the trans server gets fixed someday but still going to try it out

Yeah I know. I have a source if anyone with better C# than I wants to fix it. It needs a bit of TCP code updated. Id bet it would take anyone with that experience all of 10 minutes. :-/

Sorry, I should have done this long ago, was hoping to go thru them first but this will get you going...

Attachments

• Map spawns.zip
    473.6 KB · Views: 55
When I mentioned sectioning the world file up in a text/xml editor, I only meant individual areas, not maps.. I think theres an export by region too even.. But by sectioning them by areas, it makes things go realy fast with the Spawn Editor

When I mentioned sectioning the world file up in a text/xml editor, I only meant individual areas, not maps.. I think theres an export by region too even.. But by sectioning them by areas, it makes things go realy fast with the Spawn Editor

Yes, by region would definately be best, and would allow us to fix them region by region to match with the regions in ServUO. Someday when I get past my 50 other projects!

Back