I really must have been smoking crack when it came to copying over the right things. Just did a manual merge from distro pub 54 and owltr 4 and it finally compiles and serializes correctly. Now only weirdness is resources not showing with correct name or colors. I saw something on like page 6 on this thread about it so I'll take a look at...uhm defsmithing and defcarpentry maybe? Thanks for all the great pointers and help HH...almost there!

Anyway here is 500 electrum ore...
574a26f1.jpg

This is 500 petrified logs...shows up correctly in the gump but not colored
574a273a.jpg

This is 1000 electrum ingots smelted...shows up correctly in gump doesn't have color
574a276d.jpg

This is 500 petrified logs.

574a2706.jpg

-Alch

How's your ResourceInfo.cs looking? Or maybe Ore.cs, Ingots.cs, Board.cs & Log.cs. That wouldnt be from DefBlacksmithy or DefCarpentry

Hello Hammerhand! Glad to see you are still active in the UO community, you use to help my mom and I back in 2004 (I think) sometime back when we had DebbaDoo! Anyways I want to use this system again but ran into an error i dont understand! I compared to the original and it was exactly the same. Thanks for any help!
[doublepost=1464501037][/doublepost]Well I solved that, I found an extra {. Now I have all kinds of other errors :(

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    9.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    19.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    19.3 KB · Views: 11
You are missing this line in BaseCreature.cs from the look of it.
Code:
public virtual bool CanBeParagon { get { return true; } }
Its location should be just a little ways below the Var declarations region. Roughly line 280 or so.

You are missing this line in BaseCreature.cs from the look of it.
Code:
public virtual bool CanBeParagon { get { return true; } }
Its location should be just a little ways below the Var declarations region. Roughly line 280 or so.

Fixed some error, still have more : /

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    63.1 KB · Views: 3
Those are all from a bad merge. You've over-written parts of BaseCreature.cs :( With the sheer size of that script, your best bet is to do the merge by hand to avoid overwrites like that.

Those are all from a bad merge. You've over-written parts of BaseCreature.cs :( With the sheer size of that script, your best bet is to do the merge by hand to avoid overwrites like that.

Yeah I just figured it out! Did some merges and fixed, than hundreds of other errors showed up, sorry to take your time ill have to mere all over again lol thank you!

So after many broken keyboards/broken windows and a lot of tequilla i finally got the system compiled correctly. So fun note, if you have existing basearmor in game, DELETE IT... Other wise you will be sorry. " [global delete where basearmor " as the serialization that you mod in basearmor breaks every armor in game using basearmor.

So I have one issue that is bugging me, well maybe two. The Master Looter Bag, it does not auto loot from corpse. Additionally if you remove all items from the loot list and try adding new items, it doesn't add an item and continues to say you are already looting this item. I figured I would post here and see if anyone has any feed back on this as Im about to dig into that script to see why.
[doublepost=1464644935][/doublepost]Also for bull order deeds, item requested comes up blank but it does give the amount in the gump. When I accepted the Bulk Order the item itself did not list the requested item to be made, just the amount as well. I suspect a merge fail on my part so im double checking, I know the servuo repo has a bit more scripts that do not fully align with the provided ones and that may be the cause

So I tried using the word "loot" and "Loot" with the corpse open and closed with no results. I will check the bod entries in a bit. :)

So after many broken keyboards/broken windows and a lot of tequilla i finally got the system compiled correctly. So fun note, if you have existing basearmor in game, DELETE IT... Other wise you will be sorry. " [global delete where basearmor " as the serialization that you mod in basearmor breaks every armor in game using basearmor.

So I have one issue that is bugging me, well maybe two. The Master Looter Bag, it does not auto loot from corpse. Additionally if you remove all items from the loot list and try adding new items, it doesn't add an item and continues to say you are already looting this item. I figured I would post here and see if anyone has any feed back on this as Im about to dig into that script to see why.
[doublepost=1464644935][/doublepost]Also for bull order deeds, item requested comes up blank but it does give the amount in the gump. When I accepted the Bulk Order the item itself did not list the requested item to be made, just the amount as well. I suspect a merge fail on my part so im double checking, I know the servuo repo has a bit more scripts that do not fully align with the provided ones and that may be the cause

I had that same issue. I just made the goldledger.cs file work and use the masterlooter bag for items. I was so bewildered on how to get tokens and gold out of the masterbag that I had fixed the goldledger.cs to autoloot before I figured out the masterlootbag. Plus the masterlootbag wasn't looting gold like yours. I think it required a small basecreature edit to get it working. Now you don't see the gold flying from the ground but it does appear in the goldledger. I will attach my basecreature and my goldledger files. My server is running daat OWLTR 4.0 as well so I am thinking it might work for you. Unaware of anyother changes to my basecreature.cs
[doublepost=1464656423][/doublepost]For other items I use the lootbag.cs The way to specifiy what you auto loot is [grab -t that will open up a gump for you to click on things to add to the loot list.

Attachments

• BaseCreature.cs
    168.8 KB · Views: 6
  • GoldLedger.cs
    39.5 KB · Views: 16
  • LootBag.cs
    3 KB · Views: 18
OK I took a look at my favorite file resourceinfo.cs and it was the exact same problem Ether had mentioned on page 6.
Fixed it, added the hue fixes and it compiled fine but now I've got this strangeness going on...I'm sorry for the wall of text.

TLDR version what the heck can break that I have it so i can use normal leather/iron ingots/red scales to make ANY colored item even if I have said colored resource in my pack.?

Read for exact details...i'm totally stumped.

To recap Clean install of pub 54, clean owltr 4, hue fixes added

Ethereal hides cut to Ethereal leathers, have correct color and name (before cut and after), lists that I have 500 Ethereal Leathers in the gump, go to make an Ethereal Leather Tunic and it tells me I don't have sufficient material to make that. Weird thing is if I have any amount of regular leather in my pack and still have Ethereal Leather chosen, I'm able to make the item (correct color and name) but it takes the leather from the stack of regular leather. If I cut the item, I get Ethereal leather back. Further weirdness I can make every type of colored leather armour (Frost, Shadow, Blaze, etc.) just using regular leather.

Platinum ore smelts into Platinum ingots, have correct color and name (before smelt and after), lists that I have 500 Platinum ingots in the gump, go to make a Platinum Buckler and it tells me I don't have sufficient material to make that. Weird thing is if I have any amount of regular iron ingots in my pack and still have Platinum chosen, I'm able to make the item (correct color and name) but it takes the ingots from the stack of regular iron ingots. If I smelt the item, I get Platinum ingots back. Further weirdness I can make every type of colored weapon/armor (Toxic, Electrum Blaze, etc.) just using regular iron ingots. This applies to being able to make every type of colored dragon scale armor (Gold, Silver, Copper, etc.) just using regular red scales.

Tinkering is the same deal. Platinum ingots in pack with Star Sapphires, lists that I have 500 Platinum Ingots in the gump, go to make Star Sapphire and it tells me I don't have sufficient material to make that. Weird thing is if I have any amount of regular iron ingots in my pack and still have Platinum chosen, I'm able to make the item (correct color no name) but it takes the ingots from the stack of regular iron ingots. Further weirdness I can make every type of colored tinker item (Toxic, Electrum Blaze, etc.) just using regular iron ingots.

As if all that wasn't just bizarre Carpentry and Fletching do the exact same thing with a twist:

Petrified logs cut into Boards, have correct name and color before cut and show in gump as 500 petrified logs, correct color wrong name after cut (just says Board) and no amount of boards of any kind show in gump, go to make a Petrified Stool and I'm able to make it using these correctly colored but wrongly named. Weird thing is I can make every type of colored Carpenty and Fletching item (PurpleHeart, Bamboo, Petrified) etc.) just using regular boards OR the boards that i made from the Petrified logs.

Whaaaaaaatt?? I could be getting a PhD in the time I've spent messing with this system! ;)

-Alch

Post your ResourceInfo.cs @alchimyst. I have everything working as of now except for Boards showing in the crafting gump. Only shows logs, but crafts with boards. BODs are working as well.
[doublepost=1464671150][/doublepost]@Joshua The correct term for looting is [loot Sorry, hadnt been to bed yet after working all night.

ooh no problem, thought it was one of those keyword things lol. So im still having a hard time with the bods ;( anyone mind posting their BulkOrder Folder from a working installation? I need something to compare against as this is driving me mad. I now got the bulk orders to show the items requested for the NORMAL smith and tailor but now carp and bowyer are still messed up.

Here ya go. Just checked & these work fine. Everything shows properly & items add to BODs as well.

Attachments

• BulkOrders.rar
    89.5 KB · Views: 13
So I replaced the whole folder with your copy and I now get the error " You can an order now" then it puts the timer on me where i have to wait to try to get a bod again. that only happens with carp and bowyer. of course. lol now that i notice it, osi doesn't slap you with a timer if you cancel collecting a bod.. lol

That isnt an error, its always been that way with BODs. The higher the skill level, the longer the wait unless you turn one in, then the timer is restarted. A lot of custom shards shut that off to kill the complaints on the wait times. Use [add bod to add some for testing.

When I try getting a bod though, it doesn't actually give it to me. Just provides me that message and starts the timer. I can add the bod via command of course.

It isnt giving you a BOD in the first place? Canceling the BOD acceptance will start the timer. You can [props your player & reset the BOD timer to 0 as well. ;)

I restarted the timer for kicks n giggles, and tried again. Still only gives me that message with no bod, they really just do not want to give it to me . LOL

Not sure whats up with that. I just checked mine & both the Carpenter & Bowyer give BODs. Post one of the NPCs, either Carpenter or Bowyer.

Very broad question... Is the Bod system for the most part stand alone or are their other dependencies? core etc?

I took a gander at the current repo for the core which I use, I think there were event sink handlers and other pieces that may have been adjusted and applied to the bulk order system. I may just have to download a fresh repo and re apply the system to see if there is something different. I keep my distro up to date as far as the core goes but the rest of the system is customized down to the gold coin. as for tonight i need sleep , so i will pick this up tomorrow :)

Well I feel stupid.. What I get for slacking off on sleep... I miss drag and dropped the config files, i put them in the server folder instead of the Data folder... Ok yeah going to bed, ITs working by the way! lol....

HH here's the resourceinfo.cs. I've gone over this file a zillion times and it looks ok.

-Alch

Attachments

• ResourceInfo.cs
    61.3 KB · Views: 4
This is what I'm using & it works, with the exception of the Carp & Fletch gumps only wanting to show logs instead of boards. But they craft with boards, so.. If this doesnt work, lets take a look at your Ore.cs, Ingots.cs & so on. And MasterStorage stores them & allows crafting from it as well.

Attachments

• ResourceInfo.cs
    61.8 KB · Views: 6
  • CraftItem.cs
    47.4 KB · Views: 8
  • CraftSystem.cs
    14.3 KB · Views: 10
  • CraftGump.cs
    37.1 KB · Views: 7
Thanks HH....those files did the trick for the weird smithing, tinkering, and tailoring! Fantastic job!!! :D
Fletching and Carpentry are still being stupid with being able to make any wood type item (aka purpleheart) using normal wood. I've looked over log.cs, board.cs, ingots.cs, and ore.cs and they look fine. I've enclosed them here

Attachments

• Ore.cs
    28.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Log.cs
    12.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Ingots.cs
    16.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Board.cs
    10 KB · Views: 5
I'm giving them back to you. Should work a tad better now. The biggest issue was you didnt have
using daat99;
in the using statements above. Now, for both they are back to the original Log as resource since thats what the system seems to want to show in the gumps. But down below you'll find that I added a subres of Board, which will allow you to craft bow items with boards instead of logs.

And now I need to get some sleep. I'll be back on this evening.

Attachments

• DefBowFletching.cs
    11.7 KB · Views: 5
  • DefCarpentry.cs
    46.4 KB · Views: 7
Awesome HH thanks for all your help on this! Just to make sure I've got you straight and that it's behaving as it should, you set it up to use logs for carp and logs/boards for fletching correct? :D

They both use boards & logs thanks in part to the subres Board. You can craft with either one, only the logs show in the gump at this point. :(

So.. is it working better?

Yep to a good degree! Tailoring, Smithing, and Tinkering work perfect!
Carp and Fletching work great with boards and logs of the normal OSI varieties...I can use either one to craft.

When using OWL woods it works, but only with logs. If I turn the logs into boards the boards retain their color
but are just called boards and can't be used in crafting saying "You have insufficient materials to craft that".

Not a big deal since using logs is technically saving a step.

I really appreciate all the help you've provided getting this system up and running...like seriously.
I'm going to repack it all and post it if that's cool with you so we can have a solid clean pub 54 with
OWLTR 4 people can run with straight out of the gate. :)

-Alch

Back