Oh I was just jokin around. it just kinda slipped out :oops:

Really, its too bad about this whole deal, cause I did really like the guy up until he used me. I just can not get past the whole "OUR Journey has ended" bit. I mean really.. who the hell is 'OUR' anyways..? Far as I can figure, its just HIM..
If he had just written "My Journey Has Ended" rather than 'OUR Journey' I wouldnt think much at all of it, and maybe even have sympathized a little bit. But the way it is, just disgusts me somehow.

Anyways, nuff of this topic for me.. I sure wouldnt want to get banned on RUO... I mean, I am member #64 over there, lol. Pretty impressive, huh? :cool:

I was wondering about file access on the RunUO forums... There are a few things over there that I would really like to get my hands on, but they aren't accepting new members. Is there any way to get access to some of that stuff?

Appreciated :)

If you post the links of what you would like, I will see about downloading those later for you :)

Wow, a lot sure has changed in the last several months. I'm just glad they decided to keep the forum alive as I'll most likely need it for reference whenever I get around to working on a shard again.

So, has anyone set up a repository for RunUO scripts? I can't download from them since they are not accepting new members. I know I can post a request for a particular script but I would hate to see the whole library get lost in the void of lost domains... If anyone has a library of all of them I could host it. I got tons of bandwidth going to waste.

Oh I was just jokin around. it just kinda slipped out :oops:

Really, its too bad about this whole deal, cause I did really like the guy up until he used me. I just can not get past the whole "OUR Journey has ended" bit. I mean really.. who the hell is 'OUR' anyways..? Far as I can figure, its just HIM..
If he had just written "My Journey Has Ended" rather than 'OUR Journey' I wouldnt think much at all of it, and maybe even have sympathized a little bit. But the way it is, just disgusts me somehow.

Anyways, nuff of this topic for me.. I sure wouldnt want to get banned on RUO... I mean, I am member #64 over there, lol. Pretty impressive, huh? :cool:

Hey Dian,

After reading this, I am betting on that he feels that if RunUO is dead, then its over. His ego has him thinking that without him, there can be no more emulators for UO ever.

I am thankful, relieved, and ecstatic that there are people out there proving him wrong.

I just bought the domain www.uoassets.com and I also have the space and bandwith to host if needed. I bought the domain in hopes of one day setting up a repository for data related to UO anyway, I just haven't done anything with it. Could slap something together though, even if it is just ftp via html lol

RunUO's journey ended the day Ryan noticed he was not the "Guy on the Throne" anymore. Which is sad because RunUO could have been something great if he really worked on revamping it. Sadly, he gave up. Oh well.

I hope someone has an online copy of all their scripts! I got a bunch of them - but barely scratched the surface. There is years of work over there... It has been a great resource, for a long time.

Nice Zero! Thanks dude! :)
I know there are more people, like you, that have scripts saved in the Cloud. Perhaps it would be a good idea to start a thread for those folks to share their links.
sounds like a good idea to me, maybe we'll be able to form some kind of collective cloud

I hope someone has an online copy of all their scripts! I got a bunch of them - but barely scratched the surface. There is years of work over there... It has been a great resource, for a long time.

The problem is alot of RunUO Scripts are outdated and needs to be updated for use with ServUO.
But if someone does have a complete list, great.

The problem is alot of RunUO Scripts are outdated and needs to be updated for use with ServUO.
But if someone does have a complete list, great.
That's what the community is for: helping out Lol
Seriously though, I haven't come across anything on RunUO that won't work with a little elbow grease. Perhaps if RunUO does make it back, whomever is running things there now could just do a DB dump of the scripts into cloud storage. Wishful thinking, but you never know lol

Yeah, I downloaded tons of scripts from them. some work as is, some need a little tweaking. But as many as I got - I know I barely scratched the surface of all they had. I would just hate to see so many years work, from so many people, get lost. :)

I think I have most of the scripts & systems I've made over the years. Guess that makes me some sort of weirdo hoarder? :D Plus I have copies of the 2 servers I was part owner on, so I have all the custom scripts from them as well.

I already migrated all my scripts over to both ServUO and PlayUO as I kind of expected this to happen at some point.

What we should do as a "community", get all of these UO emulator forum owners together and agree to share their scripts in a common location that anyone from either forum can access and download. NOW THAT would be an exceptional move toward becoming stable and long-lasting.

What we should do as a "community", get all of these UO emulator forum owners together and agree to share their scripts in a common location that anyone from either forum can access and download. NOW THAT would be an exceptional move toward becoming stable and long-lasting.
That would not be feasible. In the end of the day there will always be one person whom if goes away will destroy the whole thing. Be that the person paying the bill or. The person keeping the code together.

The best thing to do if you are afraid that a site may go away is to archive the crap out of it.

I am going to assume that runuo will be back. The Web server when I last checked was returning a 5xx error which means there is an issue with the Web server somewhere. It is not down in the traditional sense. It likely just requires a Web server restart so whenever Ryan gets to that it would likely be okay again.

That would not be feasible. In the end of the day there will always be one person whom if goes away will destroy the whole thing. Be that the person paying the bill or. The person keeping the code together.

The best thing to do if you are afraid that a site may go away is to archive the crap out of it.
Heh, I've seen that happen with different forums 4 times in just about as many years LOL I got tired of posting all my tutorials over and over again, but thankfully murph, you've done a great job keeping the lights going here and the rest of the team too! With continued community support, monetarily too, I don't see any issues causing ServUO to fade into oblivion :)

I am going to assume that runuo will be back. The Web server when I last checked was returning a 5xx error which means there is an issue with the Web server somewhere. It is not down in the traditional sense. It likely just requires a Web server restart so whenever Ryan gets to that it would likely be okay again.
I remember one of the server migrations RunUO had and the downtime was several days (not sure all the ducks were in a row for the migration).

I am not talking about starting a new forum, I am talking about having a collection of scripts in some form of cloud storage where anyone on any forum can access them, download them, or upload them.

How much space are we talking about needing?

I am not talking about starting a new forum, I am talking about having a collection of scripts in some form of cloud storage where anyone on any forum can access them, download them, or upload them.

How much space are we talking about needing?

Doesnt the Resources section here on servuo.com qualify though? :p Not trying to brown nose but come pay day I need to donate some to this website for its costs...

Doesnt the Resources section here on servuo.com qualify though? :p Not trying to brown nose but come pay day I need to donate some to this website for its costs...
The scripts that are available on ServUO, are barely a drop in the bucket, compared to what is on RunUO. However, most everything released on ServUO is compatible with the latest repo, whereas most of the stuff on RunUO is not.

As for uploading everything to ServUO, I don't think there would be a space issue exactly, but as murph said, there will always be that one person that can topple the house of cards. That's why I started the Cloud Storage thread ;)

That one has been around for awhile. Its basically just links to runuo.com or servuo.com though. Very little if any real content.

Last I checked it was mostly just posts automatically taken from RunUO.com using an rss feed reader (Including the spam)

I didn't see much there other than that. Could have changed though.

Also, http://RunUO.co/ :p

Back