The enhanced client recently got passed form Mythic to Broadsword. Broadsword made some updates to the enhanced client. You can get the enhanced client working with a simple UOSA loader, however the package that we have here no longer fixes the missing strings problem. To fix that you will have to tinker with the files in enhanced client servuo package. I don't know which ones exactly but I am sure it doesn't take too long to figure out.

Hey dragon slayer, I was able to login and create a char, using this:

http://www.sendspace.pl/en/file/f98600022f74963004e972a/uo3drun

but the problem was that as soon as I hit war/peace button, my char dissapeared... :/

I just installed UO EC client the other day, used the UOSALoader and the Cheese.cfg setup. There was no issue with toggling between War/Peace for me.

My only trouble, besides I guess the missing string or cliloc entries, is no idea on how to use a custome map.. so its worthless to me :(

The enhanced client recently got passed form Mythic to Broadsword. Broadsword made some updates to the enhanced client. You can get the enhanced client working with a simple UOSA loader, however the package that we have here no longer fixes the missing strings problem. To fix that you will have to tinker with the files in enhanced client servuo package. I don't know which ones exactly but I am sure it doesn't take too long to figure out.
ok im pretty new to scripting (read as I can cut and paste) but im willing to have a crack at it if someone can point me in the right direction

Azzo, I am in the same boat you are in. I don't know which files to edit. I recommend looking in the servuo package that is contained here because we had the missing strings issue before with the older 3d client and fixed it.

I am guessing that we need to re-edit one or more of the files in that package to fix the string issue. When I get done with work I will see if I can take a stab at it to and then we can have multiple eyes on this project.

I also have 0 scripting and programming ability. I work for a big 4 accounting firm in DC and we don't do any programming of any kind but I will try and give it a shot too.

Hello guys (and girls) !

I've just given a check to the new updates about the Enhanced Client. First, the new client looks AWESOME ! I really like it, and it could boost the will to play it :)

Now, about the missing string, I don't have that issue on my server. So I'll check my files and compare them with those provided here. Don't spend hours on it, I probably have the fix ;)

Although, the grid few seems broken. I can move items, but they stay on the former grid position, then are doubled. I'm confused about it, but I need to test more to see what is broken. lol

Stay tuned for more news !

-Rek-

Well, I will keep my fingers crossed that it will happen soon. Imagine my surprise when I installed the EC, and look into the folder.. no map files?? I was thinking somehow I did not get a full install! haha.

Oh well, hope to be able to use it one day when I can add my map :)

About the missing strings, I'm a bit confused ... it seems with the version provided on this topic (I mean the third version around page 3 ... the other ones are outdated), I don't have the missing strings error.
But here is what I have found, which was the original solution to the problem :

Code:
    public sealed class DisplayContextMenu : Packet
    {
        public DisplayContextMenu(ContextMenu menu)
            : base(0xBF)
        {
            ContextMenuEntry[] entries = menu.Entries;
            int length = (byte)entries.Length;
            this.EnsureCapacity(12 + (length * 8));
            this.m_Stream.Write((short)0x14);
            this.m_Stream.Write((short)0x02); // New layout
            IEntity target = menu.Target as IEntity;
            this.m_Stream.Write((int)(target == null ? Serial.MinusOne : target.Serial));
            this.m_Stream.Write((byte)length);
            Point3D p;
            if (target is Mobile)
                p = target.Location;
            else if (target is Item)
                p = ((Item)target).GetWorldLocation();
            else
                p = Point3D.Zero;
            for (int i = 0; i < length; ++i)
            {
                ContextMenuEntry e = entries[i];
                if (e.Number <= 65535)
                    this.m_Stream.Write((uint)(e.Number + 3000000));
                else
                    this.m_Stream.Write((uint)e.Number);
                this.m_Stream.Write((short)i);
                int range = e.Range;
                if (range == -1)
                    range = 18;
                CMEFlags flags = (e.Enabled && menu.From.InRange(p, range)) ? CMEFlags.None : CMEFlags.Disabled;
                flags |= e.Flags;
                this.m_Stream.Write((short)flags);
            }
        }
    }

Could anyone try to compare this function with the one in your /Servuo/Server/Network/Packets.cs file ?

About the custom map issue, from my knowledge of ServUO, you don't need the Enhanced Client on the Server, which means if you put your custom map in the Classic Client on the Server, then try to connect from a Client (with the Enhanced Client), it should work. But I might be wrong, as you probably have tested it before ;)

I'll try to find a custom map and test it myself too. There should be a "trick" to make it work :p

Good luck for your tests !! ;)

-Rek-

Yes, of course that is how I initially used the EC when I tried it just last week. I have my shard setup and running as usual with my custom map, logged in with the un modified installation of the EC, and was in the Britannia map, falling through map tiles because my server is reading my map, the EC was reading the Brit map.

I am assuming that there will need to be a conversion to the faccet0.mul or whatever map facet used for custom.

Kons (I believe is his name) has some utilities that I have not really tried yet, has on his google code site a custom map with the EC client, but uncertain he released any utility to us yet.

His custom map page on google code is here: https://code.google.com/p/kprojects/wiki/CustomMAP

You can see his other work and tools listed there as well.

hey Reg i posted a updated version of the ec files at Playuo.org with no string problems ect. if you want to grab them.also poste a updated version of your boats at playuo.org if you want to jump over there

hey Reg i posted a updated version of the ec files at Playuo.org with no string problems ect. if you want to grab them.also poste a updated version of your boats at playuo.org if you want to jump over there
Hey dragon slayer can you post a link or post them on here please also what version of EC/Classic Client are you running cheers

It works like a charm ! :)
And no problems with the grid either. Great work !

The graphics of the custom map for the Enhanced Client you show there, Dian, are just amazing !
I'll give it a try and hopefully can make custom map work on EC ;)

Well its not My work, I just stumbled onto it. :)

And Dragon, after looking over the facet files in the EC client, which I assume must be the map files, they are way different sizes, so a simple name change is out of the question. I really do not know how they have a full Felucca map of that small of a size too, where the traditional mapUOP is some 87,842 kb, the facet0.uop is 25,748 kb.

They have either found a way to compress them drastically, or have split them up.. I dont know. More curious, there is no static files either. So that must be the facet0.dds (?)

Strange, this is a very different client for sure.

I'm wondering if people are still contributing to this. We've managed to get the Enhanced client functional on our server with encryption and the loader. The actual client is having some obvious missing packets though. You can't see spellbooks, shop windows, there is no ctrl shift tabs, avatars is missing from the players paperdoll window (but not from others).

If anyone knows how to fix some of these issues, we'd love to hear from you :D

I looked over that too, I'm not sure how it will help yet, I've heard of a few servers that have the enhanced client running properly, it's just a matter of identifying the packets and giving them functionality. Packets aren't moody or my area of expertise, which is why we're seeing if anyone has figured it out yet.

Thanks for the reply though, I will look back over it to see if I can find anything

Packets! That is the rightest way to how emu should support EC, but hardest to find this solve. On german forums i'll readed about that, when UOKR was released, and saw only one RU server which work properly. Then on KR and now still works on EC. Need more info, more people. Who knows more about packets, how to change them or shift(this was wrong). We need find out the right serials to change them in emu for sending them to client. Thats all what i've found. Hope this help for someone to figurout how to find the right serials(which soft or something): https://uodev.de/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=4902 And maybe this help: http://ruosi.org/packetguide/index.xml

Turns out after all of the modifications offered here on servUO, the enhanced client works just fine aside from some small things. After some experimentation, we realized that the packets weren't being sent because our expansion was set to UOR era. lol. Doh.

Not sure if anyone in here will be able to help because it appears to be a client-side issue, but here it goes!

I'm trying to implement the BandageSelf native macros that come with the Enhanced Client. I've put them in on the server and they work fine with the Classic Client's native macro.

I took a closer look at the packets being received by the server. The BandageSelf macro should be sending an extended packet (0xBF) with an ID of (0x2C) which is a targeted item use packet, however it instead sends an Item Use packet (0x06) which is the same packet that gets sent when you double click on something. The classic client sends the correct packets. It works fine with or without encryption.

I have the same problem with targeted spells. They work fine on the classic client, but they're just a regular cast on the enhanced client.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

Found the answer for those wondering!

The packet 0xA9 which is the Character List packet has some flags. Flag 0x400 needs to be sent with the packet which tells the client that the server will support KR client features (such as targetted spells and skills). Hopefully this helps someone in the future!

Found the answer for those wondering!

The packet 0xA9 which is the Character List packet has some flags. Flag 0x400 needs to be sent with the packet which tells the client that the server will support KR client features (such as targetted spells and skills). Hopefully this helps someone in the future!

Hi there. Thanks for the information. I managed to get the BandageSelf working however the 0x400 flag stops spell buttons near healthbars from working at all. Are there any other flags that needs to be passed on along with 0x400?

where? If you could be more precise I may do a check in my shard and see if having the same problem.
3D enhance client All clerk buy sell training skills menu is missing words there is no question of 2D customer specific problems where you say I'm not very clear,

All the shop assistant

I am a Chinese, English seems not so good, thank you.

I am throwing a look today. Have you applied the here present enhanced client patch with full recompile and also you do have the lastest servuo release?

I checked a few npc they are awensomly working, I suspect you didnt compile (server scripts) before turning on your emulator.

Try throwing a run to Compile.WIN.bat file

This should solve.

Last edited:
I am throwing a look today. Have you applied the here present enhanced client patch with full recompile and also you do have the lastest servuo release?

I checked a few npc they are awensomly working, I suspect you didnt compile (server scripts) before turning on your emulator.

Try throwing a run to Compile.WIN.bat file

This should solve.

upload_2015-9-17_0-8-0.png

First of all thank you recompiled version changes do I need to join [ServUO.com]-Enhanced Client Support for ServUO Publish 54?

I downloaded the latest Publish 54
Recompiled versions of text changes will still be in the game if you need to install some patch?

I'm online waiting for you, my foreign friends. This question bothered me for a long time, hoping to get your help and solve!

Back