UO Architect - UOAR is one of the most powerful building management tool for ultima online ever created.

UOAR Credits:
Xandor - Lead Programmer
Khaybel - User Interface & Support
Poeharen - New Lead Programmer

UO Architect v2.7.3 - Latest Release
UOAR is one of the most powerful building management tool for ultima online ever created. If you are building custom worlds for your ultima online shard this tool is a must have tool. This tool can extra AOS custom houses you create, can extra static buildings to database, and can extra any custom decorations or other to database. If you build custom scenes, buildings, decorations or other uoar can extract those into a database to manage your...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
Using the UO Architect Tool By the bazookas from CraftUO(dead) [Edited by Hank]

After following the instructions in the readme file and getting everything to compile, to use UO Architect on your server, simply run your ServUO.exe server (ServUO Shard). In the console, you should see “UO Architect Server for RunUO 2.0 is listening on port 2594).
  1. Now, go to the UO Architect Client directory and open UO Architect.exe.
  2. Press “Connect” (in the top bar). Press the Add button. Enter in the following:
    1. Name: myshard (doesn’t matter)
    2. IP Address: 127.0.0.1
    3. Port: 2594
    4. User Name: WhateverYourAdminAccountNameIs
  3. Press Save
  4. Select that Server in the Server Listing box, and type in your password (I would also check Save Pwd so you don’t have to enter the password again--esp. since this is a local test server and there’s no risk involved), and press Connect.
  5. VERY IMPORTANT: Go to the Options tab (on the left-hand side
    1. Uncheck “Auto-detect” (Use registry)
    2. Type in the path to your Ultima Online Classic folder... e.g. Mine is C:\UO\Clients\Ultima Online Classic
    3. If you don’t do this, then you won’t be able to send commands to your UO client (i.e. you can’t put anything into the game.
  6. Open Razor and log in on your admin account (assuming you aren’t already)
  7. You are now ready to use the tools

Some things to play with

To learn the ropes, here are some things to try:
  • Database Tab: This will have some sample files. Note that the Castle, for example, is extremely large, and I found that [m tele'ing around it cause my client to lose connection for "too much data pending". It might be good, rather, to create your multi's in smaller pieces, perhaps the size of a player's screen--33x33.
    • Build: When you select something and press “Build” it gives you another window--press Build in THAT window and you target in-game (again, you must be logged in as your Admin to use this tool). After placing it, the handy controller window allows you to move it anywhere; very, very cool.
    • Editor is awesome
      • F1-F5 allows you to go to different “levels” for multi-story structures
      • I’m not sure what Build and Build quick do; it’s probably meant to go straight from editor to in-game but doesn’t seem to be working for something
      • Save / Save As, and it pops into your database and is ready to use!
      • NOTE: When you actually build it, wherever you target is the NW-most tile... AND, in the editor, there is a default foundation thing you are building on, and the W and N sides of it appear to not be tiles (b/c of how walls are in UO), but they ARE tiles, which can look funny if you aren’t putting walls down. Of course, that foundation thing isn’t there when you actually build the multi.
      • Patch Muls only works if you have designated an output MUL file in Options Tab
    • Preview is pretty cool (you gotta zoom out if it’s a huge multi)... neat for making screenshots ;). You can File->Save Picture if you like.
  • Move Tab: This allows you to select either an individual item and then move it with that excellent controller, OR select all items in an area and move it. The Min Z and Max Z filter out what z levels are included in your selection, and the dropper can be used to sample a z level with your target. There is also an extract button that is just like Extracting (see below) but it defaults to a Unassigned “New Design”
  • Extract Tab: this is like the “[writemulti” command for XmlSpawner, only it puts it into the UO Architect database; basically it gives you a bounding box, and writes any item in there into the Multi, and it immediately is accessible in the Database tab. Note that it does not write LandTargets, just StaticTargets / items (i.e. it wouldn’t write hard-coded map tiles like grass and mountains, but it WOULD write hard-coded castle walls / tiles in the map). For some reason Wipe and Tele don’t work... but you can just use “[wipe” and “[m tele” for that
    • Options Tab: This can be used to designate whether or not certain item types are included in the extraction. Note that if, for example, you have a Castle or something that is hardwired into the map .mul file, then turning off "Statics" checkbox would make it so your multi wouldn't include those things.
Few more Easter eggs in app
- can import multi dat file that saves after closing UO to import into database all AOS buildings you came into radar range of.
- Build makes it possible to build buildings into your server world then brings up a move dialog so you can move the buildings around so you can setup your own cities.
- eye droppers make it possible to select min and max Z of building before extracting from map to database. Works on AOS and static buildings. This includes being able to extract decorations as a group.
- right mouse button on most buttons has an effect. Example left click something to extract might grab a single item, right click will allow you to do something like the straight lasso tool in photoshop like grab odd shape buildings from map.

Last edited:
I made this tutorial video for Runuo svn but it should work just fine with ServUO
Video is available in 720p
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
In this video I forgot to mention how to connect to the server. See the post above for details on how to do so.

Last edited:
More Building Items and Example
Here is a larger Toolbox.xml file you can add to your uoarchitect files that will add some more items you can use in uoar. NewItems.xml is a good example of how you can add any item from your UO art to be able to use in uoar.
Place them in your UO Architect 2.7.3/Client/Internal folder. you can overwrite the old toolbox.xml or .bac it
(don't try to use NewItems.xml as the toolbox.xml or uoarchitect will error out.)
http://www.servuo.com/attachments/uoarchitectadditionalitems-rar.872/

----------
Edit: 4-17-2015
If the program has an Unhandled exception This means that something is happening that the program was not coded to handle. Not that it does not work.

UOArchitect requires MUL file format. The new UOP format will not work!

You may or will need to add UO information to your registry for everything to work.
I in no way take responsibility if you screw up your computer, windows or registry
Example:
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online\1.0]
"Upgraded"="Yes"
"ExePath"="C:\\Games\\Electronic Arts\\UO\\client.exe"
"StartExePath"="C:\\Games\\Electronic Arts\\UO\\uo.exe"
"PatchExePath"="C:\\Games\\Electronic Arts\\UO\\uopatch.exe"
Just replace the path with the location of your UO install. (yes the double \\ are required)
This is saved to a txt file, then rename .txt to .reg and double click to merge it.
possibly for a registry file to take full effect you have to restart your computer or log off and log on.

If you don't have have a registry entry in "SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online\1.0" Then the Ultima.dll will not be able to detect that you have an installation of Ultima online on your computer.

If you can open RegEdit. go to Edit > Find (crtl + f ) and type in client.exe, make sure all the boxes are checked, except match whole string only. click find next. Then press F3 until you find a valid registry entry for an ultima online install. make note of all the locations you find one. If the place I listed above is not one of them. Then you'll need to make the reg file and merge it just like I describe.

Ultima.dll is old and does not recognize the new installation locations. From my testing it is not possible to swap it out with the newer openuo dlls.

Last edited:
Ok I got a dumb question. The readme just mentions the assemblies file, and your vid shows two, and im only finding the one. That a change from RunUO to ServUO? Im guessing this will still work fine.

lol had a small error compiling, in MobileSave.cs It was looking for FortuneTeller, which has been changed to AttendantFortuneTeller.

Last edited:
The readme just mentions the assemblies file, and your vid shows two, and im only finding the one.
I made this tutorial video for Runuo svn
The reason there is two in the video is that I compiled Runuo in dot net 4.0, for what ever reason I had two assembly files.
You only need to add the entries to the one Assemblies.cfg file in Servuo\ Data

small error compiling, in MobileSave.cs It was looking for FortuneTeller
Again I made the tutorial for runuo svn which has some missing things and things that apparently are not named properly. You'll just have to try your best. (Yes i know/figure you have it working now)

Just to note that UOArchitect has not been updated in years so it may not be efficient or modernized.

so i was building a fortress today, and i needed a tile that i didn't see in uoar, so i went in fiddler, found the ID/hex and opened up toolbox.xml to paste it in (the appropriate place). turns out it is already in there (the tile/item i wanted to insert), but because the actual menu interface in UOAR Editor is short on horizontal pixels, it doesn't display all your choices for the tiles represented in your toolbox.xml. Is there a way to extend the interface so all choices are available? Am i missing an arrow button to cycle horizontally through more tiles? invisible scroll bar? secret keyboard combo to scroll? anybody run into this?

thanks!

to add: my quick workaround, is to move the tile i want to use closer to the top of the group in toolbox.xml so it appears within the constrains of the interface. still wondering if anybody was able to extend the interface or somehow scroll, tho.

@Aya - you don't scroll through entries horizontally you scroll through them vertically. There should be a bar on the right side of the 'toolbox' that allows you to scroll down and up.
Let me know if you're still having trouble, feel free to PM what you want to add to your toolbox and i can try to assist you in getting it visible.

okay, hit a snag again. it appears UOAR has a limit of 11 tiles to scroll through in the walls section. specifically, dark stone walls. the windowed walls are towards the bottom of the list in toolbox.xml so i moved them up. So there is a scroll limit it seems and if your list in one group exceeds 11 items and those items are full height, you only get to scroll through the first 11. Is anybody else experiencing something different?

it appears UOAR has a limit of 11 tiles to scroll through in the walls section.
I'm not sure what you're talking about. On the left there is a limit of 9 'catagories'. You can have as many choices for each of those catagories that you want you just have to scroll vertically. Then when click something, lets say Log Walls if you have more then the toolbox can display you scroll horizontally to the right same with even more sub choices.
If you're still having trouble I suggest you look up information about XML and how groups work.

Last edited:
hi...have a question about building with uoarchitect.

i use the editor...create a foundation 30x30. but i cant build the nothern corner, because i cant scroll.....and cant see all about my building.

next: i want to build a roof.... but how can i build the secound line in the roof???? i have to increase the high of the piece....but didnt know, how it works....

anybody an idea??

TY!
Döschl

ah okay, thank you! i know pandoras box.... but build a roof...puh, i tryed it...many hours....but im not an expert in working with the coordinates...some tiles of the roof havent the same z value.... its very difficult.... TY!

Every roof level will be higher by 3-because your going up with each row :) Try places each corner piece- prop each one to be sure they are all the same height. From there each row will go up-by 3 so just prop each roof tile placed for the next row-(first one place and the last one) see if this works any better for you
Maybe these 2 screen shots will explain a bit more :)
First one I did [props on the first roof piece and the last one-which shows the level at 34
So each roof piece for that row will all be 34
2. the next SS shows how the next row with [props will be at 37
So for the 2nd row of roof you would tile at 37 ( once you have the first and last piece placed) this is how I do it any ways.
This also shows the tile button and the number set to tile that row
Ss1.jpg
ss2.JPG

Last edited:
Anyone know what client version is the cutoff? I downloaded 2d client from UO and run Razor, but I cannot get UOAR to load or create anything. It connects to server just fine, imports fine, but once I try and load the build window it throws the exception.

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at Ultima.Art.GetStatic(Int32 index, Boolean& patched)
   at Ultima.Art.GetStatic(Int32 index)
   at UOArchitect.HouseComponent..ctor(Int32 index, Int32 z)
   at UOArchitect.HouseDesign..ctor(DesignData fileHeader)
   at UOArchitect.DesignsPanel.btnPreview_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Could this be because of 64 bit .net?

Hey man, I'm new to the ServUO community, but not new to the emulation process. I'm having the same issue. I think I read somewhere that the client version cutoff is 7.0.23.1.

Which stinks, because the only way I can get any global spawner to work is to use the latest version 7.0.45.77. LOL ... if anyone has a way to run UOAR with the newest ver, let me know! :D

Anyone know what client version is the cutoff? I downloaded 2d client from UO and run Razor, but I cannot get UOAR to load or create anything. It connects to server just fine, imports fine, but once I try and load the build window it throws the exception.

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at Ultima.Art.GetStatic(Int32 index, Boolean& patched)
   at Ultima.Art.GetStatic(Int32 index)
   at UOArchitect.HouseComponent..ctor(Int32 index, Int32 z)
   at UOArchitect.HouseDesign..ctor(DesignData fileHeader)
   at UOArchitect.DesignsPanel.btnPreview_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Could this be because of 64 bit .net?
I have the same error.

Hey been trying to figure this out for bout an Hour Now and i don't understand whats wrong check everything and have not changed anything in the File but i keep getting this warning:

Code:
Warnings:
 + Custom/New Systems/OrbRemoteServer/OrbServer.cs:
    CS0618: Line 202: 'System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.ChannelServices.Register
Channel(System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.IChannel)' is obsolete: 'Use System.Run
time.Remoting.ChannelServices.RegisterChannel(IChannel chnl, bool ensureSecurity
) instead.'

If Anyone has any idea's please help
Ty :)

When you opened the ServUO Folder
Did you place these files there

System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
UOArchitectInterface.dll
OrbServerSDK.dll

---------------------------------------------
The client folder which has the small house picture in it can just go on your desktop
makes it easier to use each time

Last edited:
And you also added a UO Art folder in your custom folder? I know there is one more file forgot where that one went if Data or another place.
I will try adding this on the newest repo to see what happens

Theres no Actual art file but all the files that go into Custom are there it does work just got that warning and it keeps happening

This was the last step which I was forgetting-did you also do this?

Open Data Folder
then open Assemblies and add this at the bottom
System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

OrbServerSDK.dll

UOArchitectInterface.dll
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is a warning for remote but this is not an error and the server will load
you will also get an error for Fortuneteller- in mobilesaver
this is in the UOArt folder (in custom) just // before the line

Hi i have a question, if there is a chance to use UOAR interface to build items from UOAR directly in game? without creating a "newdesign" Plz let me know.

Would need to use pandoras box and create a building in game- then import the design into UOA to place in game.
Builds which have been released and also be imported into UOA and placed in game

Thank you for your replay, but im wondering can i use UOAR interface to build walls, and stuff directly in game. I have pandora also but i find it quite hard and impractical to use, UOAR has much better graphic interface, u can pick wall u want, drag a line and you have it.

But if i want to place lets say "single wall" i need to create "new design" min. 4x4 tiles, save it and then build. There is no faster way? I think i once used UOAR to build directly in game but i dont remember how, thats why im asking.

Hope u get my point?

Would need to use pandoras box and create a building in game- then import the design into UOA to place in game.
Builds which have been released and also be imported into UOA and placed in game

Anyone have Idea why I can not even connect to server via UO Architect client? I have server files in place. But when I try to connect it always give me error message. Logn and passors are correct, also I see on the consol:

19:38:51 Client: 217.113.226.156: Connected. [1 Online]
19:38:51 Client: 217.113.226.156: Encrypted client detected, disconnecting
19:38:51 Client: 217.113.226.156: Disconnected. [0 Online]

But I can connect my client to server no problem...

Back