ServUO Version
Publish 58
Ultima Expansion
High Seas
Hey nerds, ancient account that I never did anything with. But I'm fancying having a go at modding UO, and a lot of the tutorial links have rotted. So I've got a bunch of questions. I'll keep to the basics for this thread though.

1. How do I create Trammel's spawns, and select what is spawned? I found a forum thread that said to use `[doorgen' to spawn doors, which works fine. But, err, not how to spawn the default NPCs.

2. How do I edit existing spawns? I read about XMLSpawner, but nothing concrete on actually making spawns. My end goal is to make conditional spawns for the various towns; trigger a script event, and spawn NPCs that don't attack and only trade with players that are allied to their faction.

3. Factions. What can we do with them, and how do we work with them? They were mentioned in a few threads, but didn't find any details. Are we able to add players to them, give players/npcs ranks, gate features behind faction ranks/membership, etc?

FWIW, I've got experience with C#, so I know the syntax and basic concepts. Made a couple basic programs for modding Fallout 4 with them.

Thanks in advance!

you can use the command [createworld or [admin the admin command opens up options gump and you can create the world from there, this will spawn default npc's and signs ect
once the world is functional and spawned you can edit spawners manually [xmlshow will make the spawners turn into ship masts making them easy to find, once found you can double click them to make changes, however even though the spawner is invisible if you leave them as large ship masts players will run into them so use the command [xmlhide to make them small again. Another usefull command is if you see a mob or npc and want to find its spawner use the command [xmlhome go this will teleport you to the spawner that generated that particular mob.
As for Faction stuff I cant be of much or any help, but the Omniporter scripts for a gate system has many options available and could likely be edited to help with much of what you were asking about as far as shard travel.

you can use the command [createworld or [admin the admin command opens up options gump and you can create the world from there, this will spawn default npc's and signs ect
once the world is functional and spawned you can edit spawners manually [xmlshow will make the spawners turn into ship masts making them easy to find, once found you can double click them to make changes, however even though the spawner is invisible if you leave them as large ship masts players will run into them so use the command [xmlhide to make them small again. Another usefull command is if you see a mob or npc and want to find its spawner use the command [xmlhome go this will teleport you to the spawner that generated that particular mob.
As for Faction stuff I cant be of much or any help, but the Omniporter scripts for a gate system has many options available and could likely be edited to help with much of what you were asking about as far as shard travel.

Thanks for the response. I found that [createworld caused the NPCs to spawn naked, and had to use the command [xmlload Spawns to get NPCs to wear their clothes. After further digging, I think there's an issue with the ClassicUO client, as trousers and kilts keep vanishing, so NPCs are wearing shirts and underwear. Bleh.

Any idea what Classic Client version is best for ServUO, and the best third party client to use with it? I've currently got 7.0.23.1, and ClassicUO. The first party client runs at single digits FPS, which is unplayable.

Those XML commands will come in handy, thanks. I couldn't find anything about conditional spawns. The Props menu had something about triggers, but no explanation on what those are and how they work. I also couldn't get waypoints to work. Using [add Waypoint would place the run, I'd pick them in the Props menu, but the NPCs wouldn't move to them, even after respawning.

I misunderstood what factions are used for. I thought they were some meta-data, that determines whether or not NPCs are aggro and/or offer services to other members. Looking at the XMLSpawner properties, I think that's what Teams are used for?

Back